It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NBC Reports On Missouri Mystery Light UFO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Well this video seems real. It was taken on the 3rd of July in Missouri. If it is good enough for NBC, it's good enough for ATS.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Hers a similar thread with the vid and from some one who seen it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotrice
If it is good enough for NBC, it's good enough for ATS.

Not really, no.

Many on ATS are probably more aware of sightings of Chinese Lanterns (as is - probably - shown in this video) than many reporters for NBC.

The fact that a witness simply asserts that something is not a Chinese Lantern (without giving any real reason why it could not have been one) does NOT prove it wasn't a Chinese Lantern.

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck (or in this case a Chinese Lantern) rather than an alien spaceship.

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi

Not really, no.

Many on ATS are probably more aware of sightings of Chinese Lanterns (as is - probably - shown in this video) than many reporters for NBC.

The fact that a witness simply asserts that something is not a Chinese Lantern (without giving any real reason why it could not have been one) does NOT prove it wasn't a Chinese Lantern.

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck (or in this case a Chinese Lantern) rather than an alien spaceship.

All the best,

Isaac

I thunk ATS is bordering on becoming experts in the field of chinese lanterns
but that one strange ball of light did not look like a lantern to me, although I'm still a novice at spotting the lanterns

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi

Not really, no.

All the best,

Isaac

Wait, while I agree that a lot of Orb like lights seems to be chinese lanterns. This one seems like it is moving rapidly and more propelled.

This would be a chinese lantern if the whole thing was on fire, but if that was the case it wouldn't last this long.

I just don't see chinese lantern in this. I am more apt to believe a firework or something similar than a chinese lantern on this one.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills
one strange ball of light did not look like a lantern to me

The description of a sighting lasting several minutes of a "bright fiery light" is a pretty typical description of a Chinese Lantern "UFO".

Keep in mind that the video was taken with a low-grade camera.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Rarely do i disagree with anything Issac has to say, because he/she's usually spot on....

But this time, i just don't see it....

I've had my own experience with chinese lanterns and this dosn't seem typical...We've bought a few from party stores and whatnot, but my best experience was with my own homemade lanterns which lasted much longer.

While i'm not sure of what it IS, i'm pretty sure of what it is NOT....

not a lantern....

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Please add to the existing thread here....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

closed.
edit on July 11th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join