It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Age of Conan?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
So yesterday I started playing the free trial of AoC and thoroughly enjoyed myself. So much so that I subscribed after 3 hours of play.

I am on the RAGE server (I think, it's the new PvP EU server I'm on anyway) and am a total noob. I am a level 10 Barbarian called Naberius. Anybody plays/has played feel free to add me and help me out or and throw any tips my way!!

Also anybody bored lately wants to try out an MMO join me! We can lear our way about together

Peace.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I played AoC trial, not this one yet however. Has it gotten more players? How much does subscription cost? And what items are at item shop (microtransaction)? Do they inbalance the game very much?
edit on 11-7-2011 by Farnhold because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Farnhold

It seemed to me that there are masses of players although I am in the starting area of a brand new server so that may wear off!

Also I didnt look too much into the item shop but I saw some vanity items and like +2% experience rings and stuff. Nothing game-changing that one must have that I could tell.

I think it was like £9 but I am yet to figure exactly how much more you get for that over the free game, I may let it expire if I find the advantages aren't great!

I started playing on a friends recommendation who states the game has come on leaps and bounds since its release and in his eyes is the top MMORPG about (and he plays most of them) lol

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I played AoC but it's been quite a while and I don't remember too much about it except that I really enjoyed it. The only reason I stopped playing it was because there wasn't enough people playing it. I can't even remember what server I was on.
Is the population enough now to make it worthwhile? I might start playing again if it is.

Wow, it has been a while, I found a picture from when I was playing... it's from October, 2008

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0c10298232b4.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Here's another.. Sirenna duel wielding!
You may have spurred me to reinstate my subscription! Fabulous game!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/df5f09026ae7.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 11/7/2011 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

I can't say much in regards to population as haven't been playing more than a day but it seems packed out nicely to me! Probably with the introduction of free to play thousands have recently joined.

Apparantly you can play what were once premium accounts as free acounts with limitations ofc but would save you making new characters or paying anything up front. I say jump back in on your old character as a free to play and see what you think!

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tachalka
I am on the RAGE server (I think, it's the new PvP EU server I'm on anyway) and am a total noob.

If I were to take it up again, it's been so long since I've played that I'm afraid I wouldn't remember how to play and should probably just start a new toon. EU PVP server... hmmm... I've only played PVE... and I'm on the east coast US... however, when I played before I was in an Aussie guild and plenty of them were on when I was on so...

decisions, decisions...

new topics

top topics

join