It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 victims phones hacked by News of the World

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
In a new twist to the News of the world hacking scandal the Daily Mirror is reporting the phones of the families of 9/11 victims were also hacked. It certainly would be no surprise after they have hacked the phone of the families of murdered girls and those losing their lives in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Mr Murdoch arrived in London yesterday, wearing a Panama hat and clutching a final copy of the News of the World, in a bid to save his crumbling organisation after the phone-hacking scandal saw the 168-year-old paper axed.

But he flew straight into another storm as it was claimed 9/11 victims may have had their mobiles tapped by News of the World reporters. And there was more bad news when it was revealed nine reporters ­allegedly at the centre of the phone scandal and claims of police corruption could face jail, along with three officers.

I understand this comes from another tabloid source and a source that would be only too happy to see the demise Murdoch, but worth keeping an eye on this one.

www.mirror.co.uk...

More info on the British Hacking scandal in this top thread by PDUK. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
jinxed!!

Looks like we've posted the same thread at the same time.....

edit- I chucked this link in my trhead too, incase my thread dies and yours stays, you can have it here too.

A young reporter was told to dress up as Harry Potter, 3 hours after the 9/11 attacks happened.
www.telegraph.co.uk...

oddness^^
edit on 11/7/2011 by Acidtastic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

yeah I just saw your thread
I'm sure there will be more on this one if it turns out to be true.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
We discussed this on ATS Live! on Saturday night, and although its not necessarily been a US topic, I predicted it may become one.

Sad to say, it seems I was right

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
When will this end & how deep does this hacking go,with the paper being closed a few days after it all came out big time i feel they knew there's a massive load of things going to come out thats going to finish them anyway.

The whole hacking thing shocks me in a way,hacking phones of people who have lost love ones ?? who would do that,seriously.
hacking prince william & political figure heads..morals mean nothing as long as you get your scoop

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by rhynouk
When will this end & how deep does this hacking go,with the paper being closed a few days after it all came out big time i feel they knew there's a massive load of things going to come out thats going to finish them anyway.

The whole hacking thing shocks me in a way,hacking phones of people who have lost love ones ?? who would do that,seriously.
hacking prince william & political figure heads..morals mean nothing as long as you get your scoop

This is why the investigation needs to be up and running as soon as possible. The more time it takes the greater the opportunity to stop any further revelations, play down the current scandal or even destroy evidence.

Remember this is a paper that has backed all the wars, then hacks the phones of the families of the dead soldiers it supported sending. All to sell more papers.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by rhynouk

My thoughts too, this is beyond indecent.
Virtual cyber grave digging....

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Something tells me we're not going to see Fox News take the lead on this one.

edit on 7/11/2011 by Majic because: Second line. (*cough*)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I would dearly love to say I'm shocked, but in light of the lengths those people would go to digging up rubbish on people - I'm no longer suprised what the scumbags have gotten up to.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Family members of the victims of 9/11?

What were they hoping to find/hear?

How would they plan to use it without giving away the fact that they were hacking phones?

A very weird twist to an unbelievable story. Thanks for sharing!

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hessling
Family members of the victims of 9/11?

What were they hoping to find/hear?

How would they plan to use it without giving away the fact that they were hacking phones?

A very weird twist to an unbelievable story. Thanks for sharing!

1) Plausible deniability. Let's say a news story featured information from a phone message I left on your phone. You would naturally think I'd spoken to journalists, and I may think that you had passed on the info yourself. Whether or not we can prove it was neither of us only matters if we could prove that there's another answer, and very rarely does that happen.

2) Not just info, but leads on further info - let's say they listen to the message I left on your phone; they may or may not consider contacting me to offer to buy my story or tips, or go somewhere else based on what exactly was said.

Fairly basic answers, as it would take forever to list every element, but I hope you get the idea

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I cannot tell you how utterly appauled I am at these new accusations..

I thought the previous days insights were bad enough but this proves that newscorp must be destroyed..

I hope my American family take note, because if he is doing those things here in the UK then he is doing it there too..

It makes me sad and angry that his news organisation.. That helped push whole countries to war, was also feeding on the corpses of those to who we went to war for...

Sickened and disgusted...

Murdochs criminal enterprises vultures have been found to be picking off the corpses of the victims of 9/11 and their families
WASHINGTON POST

edit on 13-7-2011 by CrankyPantsUK because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-7-2011 by CrankyPantsUK because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join