It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Analysis: After Fukushima, glacial change seen for U.S. nuclear

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Analysis: After Fukushima, glacial change seen for U.S. nuclear

www.newsdaily.com

WASHINGTON/HOUSTON, July 11, 2011 (Reuters) — The U.S. nuclear industry this week gets its first peek at a roadmap for new regulations that ultimately could cost it billions in the wake of Japan's Fukushima Daiichi disaster.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I'd like to start off by saying this is a great article.A point was made toward the end about the NRC ignoring public opinion,I think that we the people should have a say in at least where future plants are constructed.I hate the fact that the US is just beginning to notice existing and possible flaws in design and location...It doesnt take more than an earthquake to disrupt a nuclear plants process,this could potentially harm or even end millions of lives,imagine if just a handful of our plants were to malfunction,we'd be screwed.I wish whoevers been keeping cold fusion under wraps would just let it out already..

www.newsdaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Nuclear energy/industry needs strict regulation. There aren't many things in the world that can kill or sicken as many people all at once for something that is pretty much avoidable. We need to lower our energy consumption, and instead of government subsidizing oil and coal, they need to start subsidizing greener tech like solar panels. Hemp needs to be legalized that way it can help replace many of the petro products and allow the oil that we have left to be used mostly for transport. Cars need to get smaller, carpooling enforced and a greater focus needs to be put towards public transportation.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Chewingonmushrooms

I agree about going green,the US deemed it too expensive of a project but its only going to get more expensive.Even switching to thorium wouldnt be a terrible idea,its far more abundant,and releases less waste as its used.i know china and russia are developing plants to harvest its power,i think the US needs to move on it as well.

top topics

join