It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Ghost of my Tinfoil Self - Why I changed my view on a New World Order

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Simple enough, I am going to tell how I have gone from anti-nwo to pro-nwo. I am not too good in long writings so forgive me

First thing, seeing the anti-nwo people. The first person ever to help me question the government, was unfortunately, Glenn Beck. I heard about his views and I agreed. If anything, he was the cause of me joining the ATS community (amazing what nuts can do
). After a year or two, I have been not only looking at his show, but Alex Jone's show, and David Icke's "theories". I thought I knew alot about what "really" is behind closed doors. That is until I have heard other people, and done a little ameteur researching a bit myself. I have seen Glenn Beck's history, pretty much portray him as a clown, hearing him on his radio and all. It made me a bit upset from my mind down to my stomach. Quickly after, I have seen how Alex Jones talks. He has his moments, but overall, I find him to be a fear-mongerer that tries to point out the pessimism in the world through "police-state" scare tactics, and "government" shills and all. If made me disappointed.

However I continue to see flaws in the government of the United States. However, I have a different view. I now see that not everything said on the opposing side is true. I sometimes wonder if I may be becoming "a sheeple", but I doubt I am, since i do question some of the things they do.

Secondly, the Idea of the illuminati, or Freemasons. I learned through some history, that they are entirely different, and are not as powerful as thought. I spoken to freemasons, and they said that it is just a club, nothing is happening etc. and i still did not believe them (NOTE: this was the time I was paying attention to how Jones and Beck speak). I looked on various sites, including lodge sites, and I realized that they are not bad, and are pretty much only a club that has been here for a long time. On the illuminati, I figured they would be completely occult, and completely medieval in nature. What I found out was completely different. The Illuminati (plural of Latin illuminatus, "enlightened") was actually a secret society that followed a humanistic philosophy, that was around in the Enlightenment Era. The reason why conspiracy theories popped up, because secret societies were illegal. I then realized that it was a dead society.

I figured I was turning into a "sheeple" but I looked a bit deeper. I reread the Georgia Guidestones.

Let's look at the commandments shall we? I'll post my view on them as well.

1 Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.

I can easily understand why this may be controversial, as we see a high population compared to 500 million, but the actual landscape of the world is being overused, as we see huge metropoli and suburbs with barely anyone living in due to foreclosure. This could be easily used as free land for wildlife, but was meant to be for us. I think we should work on controlling the population through preventive measures and migration of the human race. I would never condone depopulation of a species personally.

2 Guide reproduction wisely — improving fitness and diversity.

This I can see well in the future and being currently practiced today in countries like China. I think this is due to the distribution of the population by geography, rather than total overpopulation. When we can control population through migration, I would expect something like this coming into fruition.

3 Unite humanity with a living new language.

This I see no other problem, rather than the time it will take, and the tradition behind a language, but other than that I see no problem.

4 Rule passion — faith — tradition — and all things with tempered reason.

I think this can be good. Nothing wrong with rationality and skepticism am I right?

5 Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.

This may take a while to implement and make stable, but If we can find a right method, I would be all for this. For some reason, I can see nations act as if they were provinces rather than superpowers.

6 Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.

This can have good results if done properly. By preventing possible wars between nations. This may save lives and protect the population.

7 Avoid petty laws and useless officials.

This is what we all want in governments. I do not see a problem with this at all.

8 Balance personal rights with social duties.

I think as a whole, we all deserve our human rights. I do think if our social duties conflict with other's rights, then I see a problem.

9 Prize truth — beauty — love — seeking harmony with the infinite.

This is where deny ignorance comes in. As humans we all strive for truth, beauty and love in life.

10 Be not a cancer on the earth — Leave room for nature — Leave room for nature.

This I think would be ok. We live with Earth, not the Earth living with us, right?

After seeing what they called this and what my opinion was, I was thinking a bit right after. You can say I found my way out of a rabbit hole. I realized that my views are a ghost of why I stood for. Anti-NWO, Anti-Government, etc. Now, I seen it in a different light. I am not who I was before... I think I became better.

I will probably add more, but that is it for now. Comments?

edit on 7/11/2011 by Shoomoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
ahahahahahaha good luck with that life thing!

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
i used to be against the idea of a one world governance.

while i disagree with the model that is being built around us, i do believe the ONLY way you can solve all of humanities issues is a single governance system that encompasses the globe.

however, it needs to be designed in a way that cannot be usurped or seized by any totalitarian regimes.

how to achieve that part?

N.F.I.

):

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by okamitengu

Right now we see revolutions across the globe, whether it is an uprising in the streets, or behind closed doors. Tyrants are going out of power, and Shills are being exposed, like we see in the Middle East. The best we can do is be optimistic.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Your conclusion may be well meaning but it is without understanding.

You are simply an authoritarian; A vast majority of people are. There is an element of human nature that relishes in having control over another or others. Our current political and social construct is based upon the authoritarian values of physical coercion, compulsion and control. When these values are entrenched into a culture it becomes a positive feedback loop, and it takes hardly any energy to get into it. Power over others is a hell of a drug.

Your error- and the danger- is first in the conceit inherent in the desire to plan the lives of others; second, the force necessary to impose that plan on unwilling subjects. This is not a formula for freedom but for tyranny.

Obedience and subjection to authority is intrinsically at odds with the way human beings come to live satisfying lives. Everything that is really great and inspiring is created by the individual who can live in freedom.

edit on 11-7-2011 by METACOMET because: sp

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Thanks for posting and honestly, good for you for not falling for the scare tactics used by the "anti-NWO" crowd.

Now while I don't want a totalitarian state with oppressive rule, this apparent "one world" thing has never sounded too bad unless you ask a conspiracy theorist and hear about implants and all sorts of things that could frighten someone and plant falsehoods in their heads.

Glad to see you've woke up OP and are using the brain you were born with. Welcome back to reality

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I'm glad to see you've come to your senses.

I'd like to say that people have an irrational stigma towards population control. Population control doesn't have to mean killing people (in which case I would be against it). It is actually a really intelligent and underutilized idea. Birth control pills, better sex education, more family planning, and more prophylactics would have a large beneficial effect on humanity. When there is a manageable amount of people there is a reasonable amount of mouths to feed. Overpopulation also contributes to a disproportionate lower-class, to which comprehensive methods of population control would improve upon.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
This was taken from the site zetatalks, i know i know but i liked their reply

Were the Georgia Guidestones inspired by knowledge of the pending pole shift? They were indeed. Based on knowledge gained initially from MJ12 members, they understood there was a prediction of a 90% reduction in the population. At that time, given the world's population at that time, this would have left about 500 million alive. The goals expressed are those hoping that civilization would survive, and in particular that the leaders of MJ12 would be in charge. Be good sheep. Be peaceful and don't challenge your lawmakers and authorities. These were, at base, the goals of those who were planning a New World Order, though this was phrased poetically.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET

In response to what you said to the OP, I think that was a largely unfair and skewed reaction to his post. You need to realize the distinction between having an opinion and forcing it on other people. He doesn't seem to want to do that, but you seem to be accusing him of it.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Illuminati, NWO, reptoids, Freemasons, Nibiru, depopulation agenda, etc. = FAKE CONSPIRACY

Dollar collapse, geopolitics of oil, rise of China, economic decline = THE REAL DEAL.

Learn to tell the difference...it isn't that hard...ultimately all you need is a kind of "smell test."

The fake conspiracies can be a lot of fun...but at the end of the day, they are fake.

Things are getting too serious now to run away from the real and hide in the fake.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Terrorist

Force is the only tool available when we are talking about subordinating all of humankind to "well meaning" bureaucrats and their wonderful ideas to save us all.

A NWO or one world government or whatever you want to call it is, always has been, and always will be about POWER. Whether real world problems get solved or not is of no importance.

Don't be so gullible.
edit on 11-7-2011 by METACOMET because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

You're assuming a lot about his intentions. He never asserted anything about forceful subordination of people/peoples. In fact, among the criteria he listed, limited government was in there. Perhaps not by name but it was overtly implied.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Good topic.

I've been involved with politics here in the US for quite a few years, and having worked with people I find myself constantly disappointed in how so many simply don't care. While the apathy may be the result of a failing educational system, the breakdown of families, insuffiicient social support structures, and a system that either encourages or does nothing to stop this (depending on your personal level of suspicion), the functional result is people simply don't make good decisions.

After talking to many respected scientists, I've come to look much more seriously on the problems of our lifestyles and what it means in the end. I realize we will never change, and so I begin to see why the powers that be might simply find imposing a solution better. Even if you spent all your time, money, and effort trying to convince people of how good or bad something is, apathy will be your most common response.

Ethically, I find it abhorrent. Practically, maybe there is no alternative. I don't claim answers. But I've reached a point where I'm disgusted with people, dubious about liberty, and accepting of the idea some problems are global in scope. I still believe in decentralizing authority and in popular sovereignty, but I'm becoming very persuadable.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShoomooComments?

Glenn Beck being a loon doesn't mean everything he ever said was wrong.

Watch the Building 7 collapse a few more times, watch the molten metal pouring out of the towers before their collapse, which can only be from a thermite reaction. Realize and accept that those towers were brought down by controlled demolition, and that we have been systematically lied to since 9/11. Then use your own intellect to figure out why that would be. Look at the TSA, and our rights being systematically taken away. Look at Obama's broken promises and the new wars we seem to be getting into every day. Look at our national debt and the inevitable collapse of the dollar.

The above aren't "wild conspiracy theories", they are plainly obvious facts. Whatever you want to speculate as to the reasons behind them, it's ludicrous to believe they would be for OUR benefit. Wake up, or be a pawn (or a plant.) Up to you.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Terrorist

Fair enough.

But I will say this: People that advocate for the type of world outlined in the georgia guidestones may not prefer to initiate force against another human being personally, but they do inherently imply its initiation by others.

Force and subjugation is the only path to a NWO. Mystical references to "society" and its procedure to "help" may warm the hearts of the credulous, but what it really means is putting more power in the hands of tyrants.
edit on 11-7-2011 by METACOMET because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

They don't inherently want to use force to advance their agenda. It can be done peacefully. There's nothing about it that necessitates violence.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Terrorist

They don't inherently want to use force to advance their agenda.

How else do you make a man agree to his own destruction?

It can be done peacefully.

No, it can't.

There's nothing about it that necessitates violence.

Centralized government with the power to fulfill the world outlined in the georgia guidstones is not about asking,... it is about telling, it is about force, it is about violence. What aren't you getting about all this?

The vast majority of human beings are not going to go along with any part of this sick ideology willingly. So how do you get them to go along with it? Ask them "pretty please with a cherry on top?"
edit on 11-7-2011 by METACOMET because: sp

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   

I'm talking about a long-term thing. Not something that's forced into being. It would take a long time for a one-world government to come about. Especially if it isn't to be authoritarian. But eventually, done correctly, it could work.
Also, the principles the OP was listing don't necessarily have to apply to only a world government. They can apply to those of individual countries. Ironically, they're mostly in line with what anti-NWO people believe.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
It is good to see more people getting through the fear mongering and start to question what global governance actually means and what direction they want to see it take. The vision of a 1984, microchiped, police state is one direction this may take and is a common theme on many alternative sources. The eugenics program to cull the worlds population by 90% is also another possibility. Our reliance on energy resources is a large determining factor on what population the Earth can support. While our addiction to coal and oil continues the side effects are costly, but there are other options available.

These guide stones do promote some noble and questionable attributes. The reality is that we do have a new world order with the United Nations and all the complex interactions that form this body and its decision making process. America is closely guarding its veto power on the security council and a lot is going on behind the scenes with the global economy. There is always a risk that an absolute authority will rise with global power and free of any accountability. In some regards this has already happened, but the rest of the world is still watching.

A NWO or one world government or whatever you want to call it is, always has been, and always will be about POWER. Whether real world problems get solved or not is of no importance.

I do agree that this is a core consideration of how systems of governance operates. Politics it a tough and dirty game entrenched in emotion and ego. The most knowledgeable, understanding or capable does not always rise to the top as strength, resources and perception are also important factors with the competition of leadership.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Watch the Building 7 collapse a few more times, watch the molten metal pouring out of the towers before their collapse, which can only be from a thermite reaction. Realize and accept that those towers were brought down by controlled demolition, and that we have been systematically lied to since 9/11. Then use your own intellect to figure out why that would be. Look at the TSA, and our rights being systematically taken away. Look at Obama's broken promises and the new wars we seem to be getting into every day. Look at our national debt and the inevitable collapse of the dollar.

The above aren't "wild conspiracy theories", they are plainly obvious facts. Whatever you want to speculate as to the reasons behind them, it's ludicrous to believe they would be for OUR benefit. Wake up, or be a pawn (or a plant.) Up to you.

I wouldn't reply about the 9/11 part, for that is in another forum, but what I will say is that the TSA pat-downs I disagree with from what I hear in stories, and we were just fine with metal detectors, but to be reasonable, the full-body scanners are not really that bad. I read that they do not give as much radiation, and the actual photo of you isnt really how people crack it up to be. The National Debt is our biggest problem yes, but I can tell for certain it was not Obama's doing. It was inevitable because it is how the system works. Soon enough, we will find an alternative for finances. Also, being a leader of the United States is a pretty tough job i'm sure. I mean we were still in some war to begin with, and we did what we had to do, but it could have been avoided beforehand, which I may agree with. As of now, I do not see any wars coming, but I think we would be ready. We do have allies afterall.

btw I do find it offending to call someone a "pawn" because they see a different view on it. Not everyone in this world is either "sheeple" or not-sheeple. There are intelligent people out there in the world, and I am pretty sure the government is not against their own blood thatare the people of the United States.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join