It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Grand Jest.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
So having been aware enough of the world to realize that it would be easy to sink into a kind of dark hole of depression and loathing of mankind, I decided to try and make sense of it. I tend to do that a lot. Try to make sense of things that is. The only thing is, most things don't seem to make sense, at least not in a manner that would give peace.

So, not wanting to waltz down that path of madness, I had to come up with something, anything, to help me cope.

It was at that point that the ludicrousness of our society and lives struck me. Some many things make so little sense. Selfishness is not the best choice for survival, for to carry it to it's extreme would see one man in a bunker with all the resources of the whole world with him, while the rest of us starve in a oblivion made of the blasted rocks of what's left.

That already happens to a degree on this planet. We in the first world complain about problems that some people would kill, indeed have killed, to have rather then their problems. The only thing is, if those people obtain our riches, it's not long before they too fall prey to the complacency.

What of nature? A new life of a animal cut short in its infancy because it wasn't fast enough when running from a predator.

What of love? Could a thing make less sense then it? Scientist try to give it labels of pheromones or hormones, or other natural influences, but all that seems to fall short. It almost makes you wonder how they ever managed to reproduce. Evidently there’s more spunk to 'Hey baby, want to give into instinct and help maintain the continuation of species?' then I originally thought.

I come from a long line of jokers. We tend to give better then we get though. Contemplating this, I realized that this whole thing seems almost like some grand elaborate joke. Not one at our expense though, more like one that when we understand all the complexity of the joke we will find immensity amusing.

As soon as I came to that conclusion, you know what happened to me? I find everything funny now. Some things more then others. Obviously I don't break down in uproarious laughter every time someone is beat to death in a riot. But when some one is selfish, or greedy, or mean, I can't help but grin. They're playing right into the joke! The set up is perfect! This has lead to some interesting moments. 'What are you smiling at?' could not be more difficult to explain at that point in time.

Honestly this whole thing could be reflection of my own flavor of madness, but as far as madness goes, it's a rather enjoyable one. Right now I'm snickering at the weather. Last year we were unseasonably warm. Now we are so wet roads are flooding. Careful what you wish for, it could be the perfect set up.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Cant help you in words, as I am a madman myself. Thanks for your interesting thoughts. I look forward to any comments forthcoming.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I can honestly say that your post makes no sense to me whatsoever.

Sorry

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Someone once told me I'm too logical. So I'm trying something new. Terribly sorry about that.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Vaykun

reminds me of the Comedian's ideology (Watchmen). To be honest, i can't really disagree with it. Sometimes, you just have to stare into the pit of madness, and laugh.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Here is a secret for you - animals are not confined to thier bodies and can astrally project while their physical bodies are in motion.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vaykun
So having been aware enough of the world to realize that it would be easy to sink into a kind of dark hole of depression and loathing of mankind, I decided to try and make sense of it. I tend to do that a lot. Try to make sense of things that is. The only thing is, most things don't seem to make sense, at least not in a manner that would give peace.

So, not wanting to waltz down that path of madness, I had to come up with something, anything, to help me cope.

The existential imperative Survival is key to understanding all that enhances and vexes the emergent anything. It's the sole driver behind everything that is, was and is yet to be.

It was at that point that the ludicrousness of our society and lives struck me. Some many things make so little sense. Selfishness is not the best choice for survival, for to carry it to it's extreme would see one man in a bunker with all the resources of the whole world with him, while the rest of us starve in a oblivion made of the blasted rocks of what's left.

That already happens to a degree on this planet. We in the first world complain about problems that some people would kill, indeed have killed, to have rather then their problems. The only thing is, if those people obtain our riches, it's not long before they too fall prey to the complacency.

Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs does a good job explaining this.

What of nature? A new life of a animal cut short in its infancy because it wasn't fast enough when running from a predator.

Again, survival of that which takes advantage of that which hasn't the capacity to avoid becoming part of the survival strategy of another. Competition - the most overtly Masculine within the suite of Survival expressions.

What of love? Could a thing make less sense then it? Scientist try to give it labels of pheromones or hormones, or other natural influences, but all that seems to fall short. It almost makes you wonder how they ever managed to reproduce. Evidently there’s more spunk to 'Hey baby, want to give into instinct and help maintain the continuation of species?' then I originally thought.

This form of survival features the expression Identity, with the persisting existential whole passing on its DNA signature to a new existential whole in a proxy-centric survival strategy - what with Identity being the primordial means of delineation between existential wholes. In the epitome-level survival strategy, a full 1/2 submission rate registers as true Identity survival, since 99.9999% of each contributor's DNA signature is identical anyway. As one corporeal whole falls to the inevitable, the passed on DNA signature is maintained to a satisfactory degree within the progeny of that corporeal whole. Again, its all about survival.

I come from a long line of jokers. We tend to give better then we get though. Contemplating this, I realized that this whole thing seems almost like some grand elaborate joke. Not one at our expense though, more like one that when we understand all the complexity of the joke we will find immensity amusing.

It's not joke. Believe me, I know a joke when I see one. This is simple survival as expressed in a variety of manners.

As soon as I came to that conclusion, you know what happened to me? I find everything funny now. Some things more then others. Obviously I don't break down in uproarious laughter every time someone is beat to death in a riot. But when some one is selfish, or greedy, or mean, I can't help but grin. They're playing right into the joke! The set up is perfect! This has lead to some interesting moments. 'What are you smiling at?' could not be more difficult to explain at that point in time.

In this realm, the Masculine expressions of survival (Competition, Identity, Isolation) dominate, while in the next realm, the Feminine expressions of survival (Association, Increase, Symbiosis) tend to be most effective. Those who refuse to learn these Feminine survival methods will suffer accordingly once they've passed into that realm. Then the "meek shall inherit" whatever there is to inherit.

Honestly this whole thing could be reflection of my own flavor of madness, but as far as madness goes, it's a rather enjoyable one. Right now I'm snickering at the weather. Last year we were unseasonably warm. Now we are so wet roads are flooding. Careful what you wish for, it could be the perfect set up.

As a Jester, myself, I enjoy all of this too. I look forward to emerging into the eternal realm, and having some fun with the newly arrived. Meanwhile, I'm gathering as much strength and insight as I can. After all, this is when I'm given the chance to do that. No sense wasting it on aimless dramas.
edit on 7/10/2011 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join