It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you having trouble keeping your plants alive?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by 11I11

Our whole town lost crape myrtles to a -26 F night in early March. We are near the northernmost border for them however, but usually they do just fine. I had a 40 footer that had to be cut back less than half it's size.
edit on 10-7-2011 by Pilot because: punk

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by sabbathcrazy
I live in Texas, it gets really hot hear. The flowers are looking grate, my garden is looking good but the plants are hardly producing any vegi's. Do you water every day? Do you use good soil? When you water, you should do it at sun down so that it does not evaporate.

Actually I would say to not water at sundown but early in the morning because you increase the likelihood of growing fungus in the wet darkness......

Also do not water the leaves, water under them into the soil itself.
edit on 10-7-2011 by Starwise because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I hope it's widespread. The bushes and trees on my property can't be cut down fast enough before something else pops up that I have to cut down again. I sprayed my bank but even that doesn't always work. I don't understand why it's such a big deal if plants grow slower. World would be a better place if it was slower.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

It's pretty obvious we're having a VERY late spring....I'm not sure, however, that accounts for all the new fungus, bugs, mites etc. I'm seeing in this year's garden.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by FarBeyondDriven69
Our garden is doing awesome but I have been using lots of water do to the high heat, trees and house plants doing good to.
\
Update, we lost over 1/2 of our garden this year as have most other gardeners from the high heat the plants above the ground just seamed to cook and the trees have branches now that have turned droopy and yellow from the heat at random on the all the trees. The blueberry's and raspberry's haven't even produced, I have been trying to find a chart of the temp here but can't I will say it has to be close to 100 days at 100< degrees or more here with a few upper 90 degree days throne in here and there for SW Kansas, lol I'm so ready for winter.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join