It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sometimes the "PTB" are your next door neighbors.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
We often see stories on hear talking about how "TPB" or the "Police State" is (Paraphrasing) 'taking away our freedoms and rights'....

But in reality, the state does not do much at all without someone complaining first.

Noise Complaint Template.

Log a Complaint

Neighbor Nuisance

How do I report my neighbor?

While these programs and things like them are used for the right reasons most of the time. False statements from your neighbors and fellow people can cause a lot of grief for people who have done nothing but irritate their crusty neighbors.

Even in cases when the claims are legitimate, it is your neighbor that most likely gave the 'heads up' to the state. I am talking about minor cases for the most part, ie. Dog poop, garbage left out, car not parked properly, etc, etc.

Little things that, when enforced, makes people 'feel' or 'think' they live in a police state. Sometimes, it isn't some mass cabal trying to get you to not water your garden during a water shortage... Sometimes it's that sour lady/man across the street that has nothing better to do than dial a number and talk about you.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Thats okay, i live in the city.

Im used to having stupid neighbors.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by BanMePlz
Thats okay, i live in the city.

Im used to having stupid neighbors.

Me too. I recommend though, if it is possible to be courteous and amicable to your neighbors, then do so. If you can manage to develop a mild rapport with them, enough for them to think highly of you, and little enough that they don't bug you every time you see them, then you are in a good position.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
No PTB in my hood. They don't like living in the ghetto. Sorry couldn't resist.

I agree I will not call the cops only exception is if someone is beating their children. Trying to be friendly is a mistake though. I made the mistake of being friendly with my new neighbors only to discover they are junkies just inches away from rock bottom and any contact with them will just get me involved in their inevitable implosion. Lesson learned from now on I stick to a wave or nod.

Someone once told me that there is no misfortune that can not be made worse by the appearance of a cop.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Ladysophiaofsandoz

No PTB in my hood. They don't like living in the ghetto. Sorry couldn't resist.

Of course, I really didn't want this thread to be coming across that way.

It's true though, the "No Snitching" thing that goes on in "Hoods" or communities is absurd, but does have legitimate foundations.

The more a localized, smaller community communicate, the less interdiction needed from authority. The problem with the "Hoods", is that the people who are advocating "No Snitching" are also not communicating, thereby increasing the problem, rather than trying to solve it.

I see it going both ways, too many people complaining, or no one talking at all, can only make for a miserable community. When communication lines are made, and people can find common ground among each other, then you have a peaceful neighborhood.

Not everyone will always get along, but everyone should be able to agree to disagree.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
reply to post by Ladysophiaofsandoz

or no one talking at all, can only make for a miserable community.

sounds like an ideal neighbourhood.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by bigspud

Not talking to your neighbors for the most part is great. In fact, I live in an area that this is how it goes. However, should a problem arise, then I would expect communication.

If someone had a problem with anything I was doing in my neighborhood, I would want them to approach me so I could rectify the situation. In the past, I had a few noisy days from neighbors, and I ignored it. Had it been regularly occurring event, I would probably have approached the person before going to any authority figure.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I think this is being pushed in more then regulars neighborhoods. I was thinking about this while catching the show "What would you do?" Its all about being being "involved" with other peoples business, but in the dumbest scenarios.

I think that a show like that can make "snitching" global.

Last night they had a 9 month old pregnant (actor), drinking like 10 shots of tequila. And then bombarding those who didn't call the cops or confront her. With things like "Weren't you concerned"? and "Why didn't you say anything"?

I have never in my life seen a women that pregnant even having a beer in a public place, nevertheless getting served by a bartender. To me they were being to ridiculous in there scenarios.

That to me is the beginning of the "Don't care if you ask... I'm going to tell" era of our society.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I had to call the police recently due to them throwing wood at me and my sister (got a scar now) (they wanted to beat my partner up too) because we were building a 6 foot to keep their dog out of my garden because one of their friends had let that dog into my big rabbit hutch, shut the dog in and watched while several of my rabbits died in front of his eyes. Ripped to pieces.

And what has happened? Nothing as the police believed their lies and now my kids have been traumatised.
So I hate neighbors now, I wish I could live on an island with my family. I was a nice neighbor but no more. **** nice. I am pissed off big time.

The other neighbor says one of her visitors is a coke head and said he was going to the neighbor but one to get some gear.
I wonder how much the police take for protection money? The police round here are useless.

top topics

join