It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sky Map - Explore the universe.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
This thing is cool. I'm not sure if it's like live or not. But if your searching for aliens or UFOs it will keep you busy. Really cool! But, you guys probably already know this. Here's the link enjoy.

server1.sky-map.org... w_galaxies=1&img_source=DSS2

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
This thing is cool. I'm not sure if it's like live or not. But if your searching for aliens or UFOs it will keep you busy. Really cool! But, you guys probably already know this. Here's the link enjoy.

That link didn't work for me even after I copied and pasted it.

So I went to the site for that link: sky-map.org...
I don't see anything about aliens or UFOs. This is more like a space exploration topic, isn't it?

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

That link didn't work for me even after I copied and pasted it.

So I went to the site for that link: sky-map.org...
I don't see anything about aliens or UFOs. This is more like a space exploration topic, isn't it?

No, Click the link, don't copy and paste. And, I said if you were searching for, didn't say they said or I said aliens or ufos were there, link should work. worked for me. I found what looked to be a big scrap of metal.
pretty cool.
edit on 9-7-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

No, Click the link, don't copy and paste.
Apparently you don't know how to recognize a malformed link. It doesn't mean you did anything wrong, it usually means the link has some characters in it that ATS doesn't like. When the first part of the link is highlighted, and the tail end shows up as regular test, not part of the link, then it's not going to work like it's supposed to when you click on it. That's why you have to copy and paste when you see a link like that. You can click it, but when you do it's leaving out all the text in the link that shows up as white rather than green.

And, I said if you were searching for, didn't say they said or I said aliens or ufos were there, link should work. worked for me. I found what looked to be a big scrap of metal.
pretty cool.
I'm not sure I understand, are sending people to look for aliens and UFOs where there aren't any?

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Look, I clicked the link twice now, not worrying about what was on the end of it and it took me to the website, twice already. It still works.

server1.sky-map.org... =0&sho

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

yeah it takes me to the website but I only see a mostly black screen and a couple of stars, is that what you're trying to show us?

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Is this like Google Sky? Some software can give you the same and much better picture of what stars, galaxies or other space objects such as moons, planets, asteroids pass at any moment. And I think that's the kind of thing you are linking here.

I doubt what you're showing is something that can spot flying objects at any given moment, like you would then be able to see planes helicopters and anything moving on the sky at any given moment, I doubt such thing exists.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor
I doubt what you're showing is something that can spot flying objects at any given moment, like you would then be able to see planes helicopters and anything moving on the sky at any given moment, I doubt such thing exists.
It says in the FAQ it doesn't even record anything within our own solar system!!!

sky-map.org...

Q: Why can’t I find our Solar System’s objects?

A: Currently we only provide the map of the space objects located outside of our Solar System.
If it's not even showing objects in our solar system, it's got to be one freaking huge UFO to show up on this thing.

I'm not sure if the OP is trying to troll us with the aliens and UFOs comment in the OP, or just has no idea what he's looking at?

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

yeah it takes me to the website but I only see a mostly black screen and a couple of stars, is that what you're trying to show us?

I know I'm blonde, but use the zoom feature on the side to take you in closer or the drop down menu and click to DSS or DSSII

I just thought it was neat thing to use. That's all. geesh. It shows you like constellations of stars.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Star!!

Thanks!! I'm always fascinated with the cosmos!

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Many thanks for the link

Peace

top topics

join