It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATF Responsible for Arming Mexican Drug Cartels

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   

By Jeremy Pelofsky
WASHINGTON | Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:09pm EDT

(Reuters) - U.S. firearms agents told lawmakers on Wednesday they were instructed to only watch as hundreds of guns were bought, illegally resold and sent to Mexico where drug-related violence has raged for years.

So I thought that this was pretty interesting. This is the perfect example of how thee American government is involved in P.S.R. (Problem, Solution, Reaction) Operations. Now why would one care? Because if this wasn't brought to light then we would've never known the extent of government involvment for arming criminals to wage war of the public. I mean, realistically here, why else would Drug Cartels purchase weapons in the first place and secondly why in the hell would the government WANT to lose track of those firearms. Anyways, it's pretty sad that they're busy arming Drug Cartels and Terrorists while trying to be stricter with gun regulations in our own country. Something's out of whack, not with just this, but the whole bigger picture.

www.reuters.com...
News Article

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Hello there, thanks for paying attention to this story but I have a thread started here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
and yet people/sheeple believe the propaganda bs the American govt blither

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Cool, I guess this can be the simplified version for people that don't want to read for 5 mins, don't be fooled, there's an abundance of'em.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by USAisdevil

Let me put it this way, I'm sick and tired personally saying that something's gonna happen and having people wanting to stay in there own little bubble. The way I look at it, is when that # pops, at least I'll be ready.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Is this surprising? we armed bin laden remember...

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by cocopuff

Not surprising to myself, especially with the fact that the U.S. is still pushing ahead with tighter gun control. That's all Operation Fast and Furious was designed for in my opinion, except, the foundation that they were going to use to push that tighter gun control kind of crumbled once it was figured that the same people who wanted to push tighter gun control were the same people arming Mexican Drug Cartels responsible for over 30,000 Murders. So realistically here, if they were the ones arming such criminal organizations, they share the same responsibility for the blood that has been shed.

top topics

join