It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RX4 Storm, an AR/M4 Alternative

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
As we all know just about every single small arms manufacturer has their own version of the AR-15/M4 which may be perfectly fine for all of you but I don't spending a bundle on a rifle that is just the same as a cheaper version by another company. Anyways the RX4 Storm is a cheaper alternative and is also chambered for the 5.56 NATO round and is gas operated. Just another look at something a little different.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/feb931209f8d.gif[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1839b4c36e9b.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 8-7-2011 by ABWarrior58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ABWarrior58

Nice and sexy. I like it.
I would forgo the scope though.
Personally, I prefer iron sights unless I am shooting at something that NEEDS some sort of scope.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by itisortofthetruth

Tried looking for more info on the web about it... The only few sources I was able to find showed it was .223 rounds... and no stores seemed to be sellin it to get an idea on cost...

I been looking at an AR setup, but without having a job, ill have to make due without

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
its not that i dont like the m4/ar i just want something different lol been looking at a few bullpups but not sure yet

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ABWarrior58

Interesting I wonder if the stock pillar is plastic or metal. Also it looks to be short in the rail department. I don't like the look of the sights. It looks like it has alot of plastic and I hate that. And from what I see 1200 is the cost. You could by a ruger 556 for close to that.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I don't know about a Beretta AR I am a firm believer in having a weapon that works all the time. Almost everyone I know who owns one (mostly handguns) does not like it. Plus with a $1200 price tag you can get a much better gun. Look at a Springfield (mini-14), a Ruger SR-556, or a good old Bushmaster. Just my opinion I have the Ruger, a mini-14 and a self built bushmaster/POF. POF is making some really nice guns now.
edit on 8-7-2011 by ParanoidAmerican because: CC

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
this rifle features in the ghost recon advanced warfighter series.

seemed to do the job there (:

lol

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ParanoidAmerican
I don't know about a Beretta AR I am a firm believer in having a weapon that works all the time. Almost everyone I know who owns one (mostly handguns) does not like it. Plus with a $1200 price tag you can get a much better gun. Look at a Springfield (mini-14), a Ruger SR-556, or a good old Bushmaster. Just my opinion I have the Ruger, a mini-14 and a self built bushmaster/POF. POF is making some really nice guns now.
edit on 8-7-2011 by ParanoidAmerican because: CC

I agree with all of your choices.
You should check out the SCAR stock for your mini-14 it will turn it into a beast also a mo-rod is a must and will make it AR accurate for 100 bucks.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

Nice thanks for the tips I was just looking for a tactical stock for it today at Cabelas actually.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Nice piece but I would rather have it chambered in .223 That is just my personal preference. Pretty cool though look like a beast

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by JROCK2527

This is chambered for .223 Remington. The fact it is listed as 5.56 NATA means it can withstand the higher pressure of the 5.56 round. But physically they are the same size. So buying a gun listed as 5.56 NATO gives you the ability to use both. However one listed as .223 Remington only may not be able to handle the 5.56 round with its higher muzzle pressures. So go for the 5.56 whenever possible, you can always run the .223 rounds in it if you want.

****EDIT
And I guess you will probably come back with something like “No they are not the same” or “The .223 is more accurate.” Etc. But keep in mind this is a military assault rifle not a bolt action rifle so the SAAMI spec .223 chamber is really a waste on it, and in fact undesirable. Far better to use the looser fit of the 5.56 chamber to allow for the rapid cycling of the automatic action.

edit on 8-9-2011 by byeluvolk because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-9-2011 by byeluvolk because: (no reason given)

top topics

join