It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unit 731: History You May not Want to Learn (Warning: Extreme Content)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AeonStorm

forgot one detail:
The west covered it up yes. But they did so in order to benefit fromt he research findings. It was covered up adn the usa BOUGHT the research data. A nice way to get the data without having to get your hands dirty.
And this isnt really new - it has been talked about a lot, but not a lot of people seem to pay attention to its message. Mention hitler's camps and everyone knows what you are talking about. Mention unit 731 and people ask if that is where the UFOs are kept. Just goes to show how effective propoganda is. It benefited the west to have germany be the evil ones, but not japan, for doing the same things. or allegedly. i dont know what is real anymore!

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by D1Useek

See, this is the kind of crap you stir up with these stories. Look at some of the replies here. The atrocities were on the Japanese side, but you pretty much blame the U. S. It was the end of the war, we were trying to control a very dangerous situation.

You might try reading the thread some.

The Japanese committed atrocities during war time, as did other nations.

What's really screwed up is that the US continued committing atrocities long after the war.

Yes, the victors get to rewrite history, they get to indoctrinate their people, but why do they continue to get a pass from ignorant "patriotic" folk, who ignore decades of horrific abuse, on their fellow Americans? Is that "true" patriotism?

Forget the war. What about NOW. Do you realize they are perpetrating horrific crimes now, TODAY??

Ah, don't worry about it. Keep waiving the flag, it will all be OK in the "end"...

JR

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Thanks for this bit of history that was unknown to me, eye opener that's for sure. Disgusting scene.

And to think this only happened 65ish years ago. So barbaric. And people like to pretend that we are a civilized race. Not so sure about that.

Damn i'm depressed

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Wow what a film, I must say I can take a bit of gore and guts and torture but seriously some of the things that happened in this film, ok the cat bit was a bit sad, poor thing looked frightened for its life, mind it was being eaten by loads of rats.

So yeah I think the film gives you a vague idea of what when on in Unit 731, the intestines shooting out wasn’t that bad but you can see the pain it would cause, the worst torture imo was they froze some woman’s arms and thawed them out and froze them again, then they poured hot water on the frozen arms and the doctor literally pulled all her skin and muscles off and she had skeleton arms poking out.. And yes they also cut open a boy, I’m not sure if it’s a real corpse tho probable is, wouldn’t put anything past this film. It’s an eye opener to what went on, I was going to do some more research and learn more about what went on, but to be honest I don’t think I want to know.

If you can stomach it it’s a must watch!

I’m not sure if I’m breaking T&C here but you can down load the film here

Men behind the sun downloads

Regards Jamie

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

As much as this was deemed inhumane and a public embarrassment it had to of provided the United States and those allies privy to the information substantial data and insight on such matters of warfare. For that aloen I believe it had the utmost purpose to be kept secret until 1993.

Thanks for sharing this. It just goes to show how much stuff many of us were unaware of until a great thread like this pops up.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Seeing as both sides of WW2 were financed by the House of Rothschild.....why is this surprising?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Let us not forget the atomic bomb testing carried out on American troops being delibertly exposed to radiation as a test .

The war was horrific and we need to learn a lesson from it ..sadly we have not as war still goes on.

On a side note i cant believe the OPs thread was taken in its intireity and posted on another site .! Any follow up on this ?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackPoison94
Wow, great post...really insightful.

It's awful...those experiments...victims where hung upside down, injecting them purposely with diseases, using them as "objects" to determine effects of explosions etc!? How less humane can you get?

I understand why you did leave out all that imagery (and it's probably against T&C anyway) but if those actually got it, people will really understand how different governments are to their initial thoughts.

Again, another tale what people do for greed and power. Disgusting.

2 things, how do we know that these bastards didn't torture anyone else after being released from prison?

and the stuff they did to the dogs with the a-bombs really got to me as well...poor f'n dogs

-Bob

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Until this Thread I was not aware of these atrosites committed by Japan
thanks for the history lesson I never got in school

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by sdocpublishing

I said why is UNIT 731 not given attention like the Nazis. Everyone knows about the Nazi war crimes......

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by vjr1113
damn humans can be so disgusting.

imagine being alive and going thru such things. makes me so appreciative for what i have. im also pretty damn sure the US has done similar things, almost certain.

You're right on the money there....... Just research Lab 257 on Plum Island, NY
Arguably a biological 3 mile island.....

PEACE,
RK

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
When I think through ALL of the atrocities this world was SATURATED with durring WW II, it makes me believe that Cthulu somehow managed to bypass Mindiis and entered this world with glee.

Perhaps the great Masonic experiment in Washington D.C. finally paid off for them...

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
In my late teens I heard about this unit and the crimes they carried out on fellow humans, it made me sick. Sadly the only way I came across this information was the movie "Man behind the sun" (poorly done by today's standards but based on the event, it is a must-see.) Philosophy of a Knife is more of a documentary of the horrid ordeal. I am sure these titles have been pointed out by now, sorry I haven't dug through the whole thread (busy with this 8.3.11 dookie)
What really bothered me was that my old man had never heard of the story.. He is a war history buff, yet when I tried to explain this whole situation he just said "oh yea?" like I read it in a news tabloid.
I'd ask "What if the information acquired in these tests saved your life some day?", but who in the hell is going to survive any of these situations, they do not help people, only tell them where the limit is.
The people behind all this went too far in an obvious psychotic nature, they deserve much worse than they were given. It is times like this where I hope there is a consequential afterlife, put them through everything they did... twice. Of course the government gave in for the test results... I just bet they wish they had more photographs, sick bastards.
edit on 21-7-2011 by cryolite because: a spelling error

edit on 21-7-2011 by cryolite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drunkenparrot
reply to post by davesmart

I believe you may have the facts of your foster dads service confused.

There were never Halifax, or any RAF bombers operated over Japan during hostilities.

Edit: Perhaps he was shotdown elsewhere in the far east and taken to Japan as a POW?
edit on 8-7-2011 by Drunkenparrot because: (no reason given)

hi sir
yes ur right i may be wrong
but im very sure im not
all the same the details of torture he told me
preety bloody bloody
im going to write the thread now

edit on 29-7-2011 by davesmart because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

I look forward to reading your thread.

Yes, the unspeakable deeds set upon the world by Imperial Japan remained fresh on the minds of many for their entire lives.

I had an uncle who took part in the liberation of the Philippines under General MacArthur. He was such a kind and gentle natured man it was difficult imagining him in the role of a soldier although a chest he kept with mementos told a different story(including an officers Samurai sword and a springfield rifle with the rising sun stamped over the breach )

Once, when asked how he could kill another human being he answered that " once you've found what was left of one of your buddies after they had gotten through with them it was like shooting monkeys out of a tree"

Horrific words for a peaceful man.

On a side note I have an interest in historical aviation, specifically WWII, and may be of some assistance in researching your stepfathers story.

If you are interested PM me I will see what my resources can dig up for you.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
i watched the whole documentary about this on youtube and have to say this is ten-times worse then anything the nazis did.

this is right up there with iron-fist Stalin. and even stalin only neglected his people and they mostly died of starvation.

how they lined people up next to a bomb and set it off to study shrapnel damage, disections while alive, truly horrific

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Good thread. I came across this about ten years ago when I was heavily into Japanese cinema. I read about Men Behing The Sun but I never watched it, I didn't think I could stomach it.

It seems a lot of people in this thread think the people of Unit 731 must have been a buch of sickos. I disagree, as Stanley Milgrams experiments in the 1960s seemed to show we are all capable of horrific acts given the right (or should I say wrong) circumstances. War brings out the worst in the human being.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
reply to post by sdocpublishing

I said why is UNIT 731 not given attention like the Nazis. Everyone knows about the Nazi war crimes......

We're in the west, I'm pretty sure Asians, especially Chinese, are fully aware of this.

In fact, talk to Chinese people and they'll fill you in on the details.

A well to do Singaporean friend tells me his grandfather had a hosepipe inserted into him and was filled with water until his innards exploded.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: AeonStorm

man, sometimes reading about the horrors that men do is just too much. you know? but we can't hide ourselves from it. we have to be vigilant. else, these things will happen again.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: mdutchieesayz
holy #. how could something like this be kept secret for so long, i just don't get it.

www.charonboat.com...
people.bu.edu...

^ A few pictures I googled about unit 731

more information about 731... www.jesus-is-savior.com...

How could something like this be kept secret?
Many people just don't want to know.
Many do not want to think about the horrible things the human race is capable of.
The truth is that WE know horrible things happen in war and in peace times.......We just don't want to deal with it.
Quad

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join