It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unit 731: History You May not Want to Learn (Warning: Extreme Content)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
It not surpriseing at all that a unit was set up for this cause, there are many groups like this in the armed forces of the world. Unfortunately many of them were bred here in the Unites States.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeddun
reply to post by Cuervo

Wrong again....this is right where its meant to be pansy.....dont get all upset about what i typed ...sniff

Alright, let me respond like an adult to you (I can't believe I let you troll me like that). The reason your post is wrong is because you are claiming that all Japanese people are evil sadists because some of their soldiers were in the most horrible war ever. If that's the case, then no ethnicity can be spared the evil sadist label.

People committed heinous acts, not nationalities.
Armies murdered people, not ethnicities.

See where I'm going with this?

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by AeonStorm

Im glad all that stuff is over...

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

I had the same initial reaction to Zack's post, but you should read the rest of it before you make a judgement. He makes some very valid points.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Thanks OP,I have heard of this and researched it myself as well.

Its bloody disgusting that we as humans do these kind of things to one another,and im sure alot of governments around the world have done this kind of thing.

Sickening...

Cheers

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
hmm. i don't feel quite as bad about the A bombs suddenly. is that terrible of me?

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

I have heard of this unit a few years ago. A lot of people think the Nazi's were the only ones experimenting on human subjects. What a lot of people don't realize is that some of the fiercest battles of World War II, were fought against the Japanese, these people were also hell bent on world domination. The atrocities they inflicted on the Chinese, made what the Nazi's did to the people of Europe, seem like a 5th graders science experiment.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
While I don't suggest the movie "Philosophy of a Knife"(due to it's graphic nature), it does have interviews and other information if you're studying the case. In dramatical form which may be close to the truth anyway; It also expressed how the Drs, Nurses, would consider seppuku if they would decide to leave the unit, as in disgrace to their country. It is felt that they did not feel what they were doing as the best interest to the person(the torture, etc) but the interest to their wartime country in competition with other countries.

I'd also like to note that the people used for vivisection, were not only POWs and spies but tourists and others traveling through the area.

One building still stands and may be up for investigation by at least one "ghost hunting/truth seeking" group/show. However, it's a risky thing to ask because Japan feels ashamed for the unit.
edit on 8-7-2011 by dreamingawake because: sp

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Such is the way of war. When given the option all kinds of stuff will come out into the lime light.

Given power all kinds of people would do all kinds of stuff, and since power corrupts well you get the idea, it usually takes a turn into the twilight zone or a kind of hell.

It's like pretty much what has happened every-time in history when some psychos or even well meaning people have been given the green light to do there little experiments and the power to do so.

When looking at history a lot of times its the same thing over and over.

“Insanity in individuals is something rare, but in groups, parties, nations and epochs it is the rule”... Friedrich Nietzsche

And so what is the definition of insanity?

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Why was it hidden? Because they wanted to use the information that those horrible experiments discovered, just like the Nazi's that the allies took prisoner after the war.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
more blame shifting. why is this about "the west" ? it seems like the blame belongs with the individuals who conducted the experiments

what a horrible fate for those poor people

RIP

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Forgive them lord they no not what they do.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Nobody with a soul can read this and realize it is very much, sadly, true . Most don't want to believe a person(s) could actually do this to other people. It's not what they would do or even think about doing.

This Op touched a soul with this story. God forgive those who took any part in this.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Great thread. As usual, exploring the past is always interesting, but it's most interesting when it informs our present.

The US military leadership in that era seems to have harbored elements that "admired" both Japanese and Nazi propensities to push the envelope. Well, that was then, maybe understandable.

How about in 1956, over a decade after the war, the US thinks it's a good idea to repeat one of the most famous Unit 731 "success" stories, that is, using mosquitos against civilians.

Two locations were chosen, Savannah, Georgia, and Avon Park, Florida. In this case, the mosquitos were infected with Yellow Fever. After deployment, and suitable incubation, Army agents pretended to be public health officials, and went through the target populations testing their victims for effects.

And why should that be a surprise? The US biological weapons program at Fort Detrick in Maryland started in 1943 primarily in response to assumed Japanese advancements that were leaving the US behind.

By 1966, the US Army had decided that not only the South, and other lower pop areas were good candidates, even big cities were fair game. They attacked the New York City subway system, exposing over a MILLION civilians, when they dropped light bulbs filled with Bacillus subtilus, variant niger, onto ventilation grates. (Wow, auto censor turns the single "g" official word referring to the African nation, into "n-word". Ignorant. Mods, try not to fine me for using correct scientific terminology. I'd spell it out, but that might not work! Let me just say it has nothing to do with the double-g-word!)

The following year, MKULTRA married bio-crimes, and morphed into MKNAOMI. Which lead to the attack on Washington, DC in the following year, as they poisoned the water supply of (poorer) parts of the city.

Well, today they are much more advanced of course, but last one from the past, before I put everyone to sleep. 1970, H.R. 15090 funds possibly the first attempt by humans to create a synthetic biological agent for which no natural immunity exists. The previous year, Dr. Robert MacMahan of Dept of Defense had made his request of Congress for $10 million so that he could develop his immune-proof bug, which is largely suspected to have produced an AIDS-like retrovirus. His official timeframe was stated to be, "5 to 10 years". Interesting, considering what we know of when AIDS broke onto the scene.

1970. That was a long time ago now. The same year they launched their "ethnic" bio-weapons program that Israel ended up taking the lead on later.

TODAY, what "don't" we know? Well, what I do know is that those in power do not hesitate to use LETHAL power on innocents. Do they try to stay under the radar? Sure. Which is why so many are surprised hearing about any of this.

JR

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by JLO1986

Originally posted by vjr1113
im also pretty damn sure the US has done similar things, almost certain.

We did... Ever heard of the tuskegee airmen? sorry if it's mispelled. Black men were purposely infected with STD's like Sifilylis... again sorry for the spelling. To see what would happen to them long term. and again '___' was tested on Military men to see the psychological effects it would have on the and they would give them LARGE doses. Sorry for no reference but I saw that on Nat Geo channel.

The word is Syphillis. It was the US medical community, Dept of Health that conducted the experiments on the black population of the community.

The town and US air force pilots are connected because this is where black men were first trained to fly combat aircraft during WWll in a racially segragated unit. By the way they did very well in action with the P-51, a high performance fighter aircraft that very few pilots of any background were able to master.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Wasn't this common knowledge? Are people actually unaware of Unit 731? I guess it's possible since the Japanese atrocities during WW2 were pretty much forgotten. If folks only knew the horrendous acts of violence the Chinese and Russians went through under the Japanese army.

Just plain terrible.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
My grandfather was a japanese POW in WWII for 5 years, thank god he managed to escape these horrific acts.

I remember reading about these a long time ago, might have been something similar in Papa New Guinea, but these terrible experiments have advanced our medical science so drastically it is unimaginable... We do benefit from it now but it is just so hard to comprehend how anyone could do any of this.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I have another theory.

The West blocked information of atrocities in the East so that Westerners won't feel sorry for them during the unstable political periods after WWII.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Thank you for bringing this to our attention, I'm shocked but not at all suprised it was covered up, I think we all know that Japan was one of the most brutal countries when it came to being imprisoned.

Mankind surely is a brutal species, I don't blame any inteligent life wanting to stay hidden from us...

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I knew about this over twenty years ago. It is totally disgusting. Manchuria is not even in the vocabulary of people in their 30's. We went after the true scientists after WW II, and left the copyists go free for their real war crimes because we got their data, (even though we got the data from the Germans to start our 'Space Race')

All I can say is to quote someone.

"It's a big old goofy world"
___________John Prine.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join