It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peculiar dreams and early memories before the age of 4.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
When I was three years old my family moved from my birth place back to where my parents come from. I do remember a lot from my first three- or at least my second and third year of life. I don't know if that is because we moved when I was three, making it easy for me to pinpoint the memories (before and after), or not.

I just want to share them here and some thoughts that I have about them. I'd love some comments and maybe others having early peculiar memories.

I believe this has to be my first memory, and I know that I could not have been more than two years old: I was lying in my safe bed with wooden bars, tucked into some sort of baby pyjamas that had small straps on it that were fitted to the bed, so that I would not climb out. I know these were used in the 70's. (Maybe even now?). I also remember my mom standing over me. I remember that I did NOT like being tied up like that. Probably because I'm slightly claustrophobic.

I also remember a very strange dream that I had. I woke up in my room, and I wanted to go to my mom and dad's bedroom because I was scared of the dark. When I climbed down from my bed, literally hundreds of white rats came about, covering the whole floor. They started biting my feet, lots of blood, no pain. I had to wade my way through all the rats trying to reach the door.

I find this very lifelike "nightmarish" dream very peculiar, simply because I was so young. How can a two or three year old have such a vivid and pretty horrific dream ? Maybe from something I saw on TV ? I do not know. It still boggles my mind though.

There was a field near our house. We sometimes ran over the fence to have fun with the cows and such. Kids you know. The farmer did not like that very much, and had us run back every time.

A very lifelike dream I had is from that field, and I think I had it many times. Me and my friends, including my sister was standing next to a huge single rock in the field. It started talking to us in a very deep voice. It told us interesting things that I can not for the life of me remember what was. We talked back. It answered. The dream stands out so lifelike even today, that I once asked my sister if she could remember anything like that. She can't. So it's probably a dream, not prank done upon us or anything like that.

If I ever go back to that place, I'll make sure to go look for that rock tough ! :-)

Does anyone else have peculiar dreams or memories from their early childhood ? I'd like to hear about it, and maybe I'll share some more too ! :-D

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I have one memory of me in the farm at the Phillippines as a two year old. This is before I move to the United States with my family.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I'm not saying this is the cause of your dream, but...
Maybe you should try to find the movie "Ben".

Ben - Movie 1972 Part 1

If I remember correctly, "Socrates" was the white rat who leads the revolt, and then, and then there was a sequel. Okay, there's lots of other stuff in there, too...
Anyway, this was on the afternoon movie on ABC, and you can find that info and the rest of the movie following the links at youtube.

Edit: It was big in the theaters (where I saw them both) before it was on TV, I forgot to mention that.

It also had a great impact on Michael Jackson's career, which we all figured was over before it came out, and he won some award.

Also:

I'm very much with you on the early memories and nightmares, and have some unbelievable ones of my own.
edit on 7-7-2011 by Dogdish because: add content

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Dogdish

Great movie - even loved the remake!

On topic: I have many, many memories from the home I lived in age 1 through 4 - I don't know how unusual it is though - for someone who always lived in the same house - they just may not have the point of reference - we moved just before I turned 5, thats why I know. ♥

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Interessting read.

I have two incidences that even today boggle my mind and altough I can´t remember much out of my childhood these memories are very vivid.

The first happened when I was about 4 or 5 years old. The house where I have grown up was about 100 years old and had a wooden stair to the attic and a creepy wooden door in front of it. My room was sadly in that very room with that creepy stair to the dark attic.

I can remember that I woke up and a tall creature came down the wooden door and walked upon my bed ...I can´t exactly remember the shape but I think it looked very much like ET out of the film (and that was also the explanation for what I had seen by my parents afterwards).

So this creature comes near me and I start yelling like mad without hearing my voice and I stared to throw litteraly everything I had in reach at this thing to the point where only my cover was left. So I pulled it over my head and can remember something shake me and got my cover away. That where my parents who woke me up and told me that I was screaming like mad an that it had just been a dream.

But the point is ...shouldn´t we be in sleep paralisys while dreaming so I shouldn´t have been able to throw all that stuff in my dream?

Another occasion was when I was around 9 or 10. I have no sister or brother and was always the "little prince" of my parents so that was the first time they left me home alone ...same house, same stairs, another room xD

I was frightened the second my parents left the house ...first time home alone ...and can remember that I watched TV when suddenly the TV stoped working and showed only snow on the screen. I was so scared that I got into the corner of or living room and turned on the radio to have some distraction when something I can only describe as a huge dark creature (it had to bend down to fit through the door) with a black habit (almost monk like) entered the room. I was so shocked that I jumped under the table in front of me and after looking back up it was gone ...atleast I don´t remember what did happen afterwards.

I am not realy concerned that this was more than the fears of a child but the thing that I find interessting is that these two situations along with a few other fragments are almost the only things I can remember from where I was under the age of 10.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

I'm not saying this is the cause of your dream, but...
Maybe you should try to find the movie "Ben".

Sure, that might be it, as I was born in 1976... I guess that movie had hit the TV screens by that time ? Strange that the rats in my dream were white though. Might have picked that up from some other show though. (Edit: just saw that you said that the rat leading the revolt was white
)

I'm very much with you on the early memories and nightmares, and have some unbelievable ones of my own.

Cool ! Care to share ?
edit on 7/7/11 by Pointofview because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

But the point is ...shouldn´t we be in sleep paralisys while dreaming so I shouldn´t have been able to throw all that stuff in my dream?

Sounds scary ! I remember that I had a little more trouble to differ between a dream and reality when I was young. I could swim in and out of a dream many times alternating between being awake and dreaming whilst in bed. I could even pick up on where I left, dream a little more, then wake up, go to sleep again and continue the dream.

I guess it is possible that you were awake but still "dreaming", "hallucinating", thus throwing things at a imaginary figure ?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Pointofview

Like I said, certainly not trying to put in your head that this was it, just that the time frame is right.
Not bad movies, actually. Maybe you'll find there is no correlation if you watch them, but there are scenes with tons of rats, and the white one plays a significant role.

Check 'em out, they're on youtube for free!

I U2'd some of the On-Topic info, but as Forevever noted, there were other unusual circumstances that may have burned my memory better.
For instance: I remember when the State Police officer arrived at our door to inform my mother that my father had been killed in a car accident. I answered the door, ran for my mom, and then ran for the bathroom. We had an unusual door for that room, I stood there terrified for the whole time the officer was there, staring at the door. It wasn't that I was afraid of the police or uniforms, I had a police uniform of my own, as my dad's best friend was a policeman, and I thought that was pretty awesome... even had a little motorcycle to go with the outfit. I just instinctively knew there was something awful happening.

As far as nightmares, wow. Fuggettaboutit.

But to AnnoyingOrangeX, we used to talk about these things when we were kids, and you'd be surprised to know how many had memories and experiences remarkably similar to yours. This was before there were "greys", so to speak.

Cool thread, OP.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pointofview
When I was three years old my family moved from my birth place back to where my parents come from. I do remember a lot from my first three- or at least my second and third year of life. I don't know if that is because we moved when I was three, making it easy for me to pinpoint the memories (before and after), or not.

I just want to share them here and some thoughts that I have about them. I'd love some comments and maybe others having early peculiar memories.

I believe this has to be my first memory, and I know that I could not have been more than two years old: I was lying in my safe bed with wooden bars, tucked into some sort of baby pyjamas that had small straps on it that were fitted to the bed, so that I would not climb out. I know these were used in the 70's. (Maybe even now?). I also remember my mom standing over me. I remember that I did NOT like being tied up like that. Probably because I'm slightly claustrophobic.

I also remember a very strange dream that I had. I woke up in my room, and I wanted to go to my mom and dad's bedroom because I was scared of the dark. When I climbed down from my bed, literally hundreds of white rats came about, covering the whole floor. They started biting my feet, lots of blood, no pain. I had to wade my way through all the rats trying to reach the door.

I find this very lifelike "nightmarish" dream very peculiar, simply because I was so young. How can a two or three year old have such a vivid and pretty horrific dream ? Maybe from something I saw on TV ? I do not know. It still boggles my mind though.

There was a field near our house. We sometimes ran over the fence to have fun with the cows and such. Kids you know. The farmer did not like that very much, and had us run back every time.

A very lifelike dream I had is from that field, and I think I had it many times. Me and my friends, including my sister was standing next to a huge single rock in the field. It started talking to us in a very deep voice. It told us interesting things that I can not for the life of me remember what was. We talked back. It answered. The dream stands out so lifelike even today, that I once asked my sister if she could remember anything like that. She can't. So it's probably a dream, not prank done upon us or anything like that.

If I ever go back to that place, I'll make sure to go look for that rock tough ! :-)

Does anyone else have peculiar dreams or memories from their early childhood ? I'd like to hear about it, and maybe I'll share some more too ! :-D

Wow, now that you mention it I do remember having very strange "thoughts" and "dreams" as a very very young kid, but then school and society and TV "trains" you to think in a very different way.

The modern day system is SLOWING/HALTING the planets spiritual progress
So does that mean, that karma will reward us for bringing down the system?
I hope so, coz this system needs taking down

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Wow, now that you mention it I do remember having very strange "thoughts" and "dreams" as a very very young kid, but then school and society and TV "trains" you to think in a very different way.

The modern day system is SLOWING/HALTING the planets spiritual progress
So does that mean, that karma will reward us for bringing down the system?
I hope so, coz this system needs taking down

Yes, children seem to to be more in touch with "something". I don't know if it is their imagination they are more in touch with, or something else, but I would really like to know, and I think it is a very interesting subject.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I would like to share another dream that I had frequently when I was younger. It's probably the most out of this world dream I've ever had, not because of the content, but the feeling of sheer, utter dread I got from it.

It goes like this:

Two small armies meet on a street near some residential houses. The leader of one of the armies tell the leader of the other army something. I can not remember what it was, but I certainly did "get" it in the dream, because the content of this message made me so scared, so full of sheer dread, so unbelievably scared... I can not describe it !

The dream ends with a soldier in one of the armies running off to the right, getting shot by the other army, repeatedly, this was played in repeat and in a fast forward motion several times before the dream ended.

I had this dream many times, and it scared the hell out of me !

new topics

top topics

join