It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA to woman: 'We're going to have to examine your hair'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
"Speaking up" and "Saying something" wont work.
The only thing that would work for people to never fly again. However, that is an unreasonable expectation because many people need to fly to get from point A to point B. Driving is not always an option for a plethora of reasons.

IMO this is the goal, the means, and the end all in one.

I believe, since it is obviously hurting travel, that the true goal is exactly this: to get Americans, as a whole, to get used to living without the "perks" that can be peeled away by being poorer, more hassles when we travel and fly, and the eventual acceptance that "life ain't what it used to be."

Pretty much getting us used to being without money, options, travel, and the right to be left the heck alone.

After a few years of it, the kids growing up now will be used to it. Terrorism not occurring will naturally prove that "it's working!"

Soon it will be normal not to fly except in extreme situations, and to not see your family for years on end not only because of the cost of travel, but over the possibility that you won't be able to see your loved ones molested and humiliated while you stand by and let it happen.

Some folks know they could not stand still for this, and to avoid trouble, they will stay home.

After a few years, it will be normal.

What is most troubling to me is the fact that so many families have been forced to move far from their relatives by work. Without a cheap and non-degrading way to travel, they will be cut off for all practical purposes, and their children will not feel connected to their own ancestors. Honestly, this is already going on for many families.

When one of these breadwinners is injured, ill, or laid off, there will be no one around who cares and helps the family through. Grandma won't be nearby for helping with the kids, so there is costly daycare.

Hey, I know, how about a subsidized spot in a state daycare? You are eligible if you don't work and get food stamps.
Whew, what a relief.

It is just that simple. We avoid trouble when we can, so we will avoid this distasteful process.

By just not going anywhere too far from home.

I call that "tamed," and we are on our way.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join