It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just finished reading an awesome exercise book

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
New rules of lifting, by Lou Schuler and Alwyn Cosgrove, was the first book I ever read on the subject of weight lifting and exercise. The book reads very quickly, and has tons of information on exercise and why they do what they do and why they dont. I highly recommend it for anyone who is interested in getting in better shape. For the first time in a long time I am excited to go to the gym and try this stuff out.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by lcbjr1979

I've never heard of that book before, which is strange considering I used to be a Gym rat - most of my lifting now involves raising a can of lager to my mouth in one hand and a cigarette in the other.

I'll check it out when I get around to it, in the mean time if you have any questions regarding Diet or Exercise then feel free to drop me a U2U. I used to Box, weight training, martial arts and cardio so I've done a fair bit of variety - if I can help with anything then just let me know.

Cheers,

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by lcbjr1979

I have not heard of this book so I will have to check it out. Health/Fitness is my field (MS Health Ed, Fitness, and Sports Studies). I like to keep up on current reading. The reason I got into Fitness in the first place was because if a book I found one day; it was Education of a Bodybuilder - Arnold Schwarzenegger. It was an old book from the 1970's but it had great information and most of it stands up today. Plus the way he talked about weight lifting really pumped me up and got me excited about weight lifting. I still love weight lifting and I still read the book from time to time. And even though I no longer respect Schwarzenegger as a person, I still respect him as the greatest bodybuilder of all time. If you ever run accross the book pick it up - I'm sure you will enjoy it too.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Alena Michelle

I came across it by hearing alot of people on an exercise forum saying that it was really good. I got the kindle version and like i said earlier, it was a real easy read. I dont think i ever read through a book as fast as this one.

top topics

join