It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Celebrating Machu Picchu's rediscovery

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
The Peruvians are celebrating the 100th anniversary of the rediscovery of Machu Picchu by holding a music event at the site. Below is the link of the modern history of the site Machu Picchu

What are your thoughts? It is well known that the site has been visited many times since abandonment, who were these people? and do you think its appropriate to hold a concert at the site?

i have no problem with having the concert at all.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ZarbeMomin

Too cool!! I plan on traveling to Peru in late August of this year. I cannot wait to see Machu Picchu in all of it's glory.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
No problem with a concert there either. Heck, I wish I was going to be at the darn thing!

Excellent link you have there. Most of those pics I haven't seen before... and I have been looking for when I was going a thread about Yale having to give back the discovered items etc [ Yale finally returns Machu Picchu artefacts to Peru (1000's of them!), www.abovetopsecret.com...

And, to be honest, that got me going on the whole Inca empire. Which lead me to do this thread...: [ 10 Inca Ruins to See (That Aren’t Machu Picchu): [Makes me re-think Alien Interventions], www.abovetopsecret.com...

While doing up the info for the threads, I just became in awe of this history. Working on some other things now as I am all caught up in it. So, anyway, I'm all for any GOOD attention Machu Picchu can get.

I will be honest, I never thought of having a concert there. That would be INTENSE

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
i cant remember where i read it but some studies were done at the site and it showed that machu picchu has amazing acoustics if music is played, i would love to see if the concert has any affect

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Im bumping this one. Very surprised this didn't get more response.

I figured it would just on the Concert angle alone. What ATSer wouldn't want to do that?

top topics

join