It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fast and Furious Scandal Timeline - More evidence emerges.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Operation Fast and Furious also known as Project Gunrunner, the Arizona-based operation was supposed to be a sting, under which the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, which is part of the Justice Department, allowed "straw purchasers" to transfer weapons from gun shops in Arizona to Mexican drug cartels to trace and halt cross-border arms-trafficking. - That's the official version.

The ATF's acting director, Kenneth Melson, has been singing like a canary to congressional investigators as he pushes back against administration pressure for him to resign and take the fall for something that, at the very least, had to include the US Attorney's Office, the FBI, the DEA and possibly the Homeland Security Department.

“Oh what a tangled web we weave, When first we practice to deceive”. Sir Walter Scott

Here is a superb time-line of the events and testimony. Must Read.

Time-line

July 5, 2011 - Fox News reports that calls are growing in Mexico for the extradition of those responsible for smuggling guns into Mexico. Mexican officials want those responsible to be tried in both countries.

July 5, 2011 - Fox News covers the story on "Special Report". There is a panel discussion in which liberal commentator Juan Williams states that Eric Holder has to take responsibility for this scandal. No one defends ATF and the general opinion is that this is not going away any time soon.

July 6, 2011 - In a surprise move, acting ATF head Kenneth Melson testified before member of congress on July 4th. He testified that the main target of the investigation was in fact a paid FBI informant. He also testified that DOJ lied to congress and intentionally obstructed their investigation. Rep. Issa and Senator Grassley report that the cover up includes ATF, FBI and DEA. Melson denied prior knowledge of Gunwalker and stated that he moved to replace those execs responsible as soon as he learned of the program. He also wanted to fully disclose the operation to congress and the public, but was forbidden to do so by DOJ officials. Rep. Issa has now back away from his previous calls for Melson's resignation. Reports: Fox News US News and World Report CBS Washington Times

No one died during Watergate, yet Nixon had to resign.

Agent Brian Terry and countless Mexican's are dead due to “Fast and Furious” It’s time for those responsible go to jail or face impeachment charges in the House of Representatives.

Fast, because the American and Mexican people are Furious.

edit on 7-7-2011 by VAPatriot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
In a letter to Holder released yesterday, Rep. Daryl Issa and Sen. Chuck Grassley

"The evidence we have gathered raises the disturbing possibility that the Justice Department not only allowed criminals to smuggle weapons, but that taxpayer dollars from other agencies may have financed those engaging in such activities,"

As Issa and Grassley note in their letter, had the other agencies shared information -- theoretically the goal of the post-9/11 revamp of the intelligence and law-enforcement agencies -- "then ATF might have known that gun trafficking 'higher-ups' had already been identified."

So if the identities of the Mexican criminals were known to the feds, what was the point of Project Gunrunner -- and why is Holder so desperately trying to stonewall by withholding hundreds of documents from Congress?

What we have here is failure to communicate.

Why hasn’t a special prosecutor been appointed for this?

edit on 7-7-2011 by VAPatriot because: thinking

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Wow, on one finds this of interest. I think it's a big F'n deal.

I guess I should have said Casey Anthony was involved in the title.

Gratuitous *BUMP*

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
This whole deal is exactly what it looks like. The Obama Administration got caught in a black flag against our second amendment rights. Disgusting.

The should be brought in front of a firing squad in my opinion. Disband the ATF, DEA, etc, now.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by VAPatriot

I see your bump and raise you another.

This is important stuff. Just to many distractions these days and Fast and Furious will never be defended by the lovers of the Obama administration.

The evidence will stack up at an alarming rate and the silence from the White House speaks volumes. They are staying tight lipped as to when the WH became aware of this little project.

Case in point. The White House just plays dumb. No surprise!!

White House Spokesman Jay Carney has failed to follow-up on a statement he made at the June 27 White House briefing that he would get back to a reporter with the exact date that President Barack Obama first became aware of “Operation Fast and Furious,” a botched sting operation in which U.S. officials knowingly allowed smugglers to buy guns at licensed U.S. firearms dealers.

“I’ll have to get back to you," Carney said at the briefing. "I don’t have an exact date for you.”

Ummmm Ummmm Ummmm

On June 27, CNSNews.com asked White House Press Secretary Jay Carney, “Could you tell me what is the exact date that the president learned about the Justice Department ATF operation to allow guns to flow into Mexico?”

Carney apparently had trouble understanding the question, saying, “I mean, I think I’ve answered this question a bunch about -- about what he learned?”

CNSNews.com said, “What is the exact date that he learned about it?”

Carney apparently still did not understand. “The exact thing that he learned?”

CNSNews.com again clarified, “Exact date -- date.”

Carney finally responded, “I’ll have to get back to you. I don’t have an exact date for you.”

The White House has since not responded to questions about an exact date or approximate date when Obama learned about the operation.

The next day, June 28, CNSNews.com sent a follow-up e-mail to Carney. Then on July 6, CNSNews.com e-mailed Carney and the White House press office, and called the White House press office to ask for the exact date the president became aware of “Operation Fast and Furious.” In lieu of a precise date, CNSNews.com said an approximate date of a month and year would be helpful.

Neither Carney nor another White House spokesperson replied.

Silence is at times louder than the spoken word. I guess they need more time to create a new story.

cnsnews.com...

Cheers and keep your eye on this. I'm trying to as well.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Hasnt it become obvious to everyone by now that the goverment is functioning to enrich a selesct circleof players and nothing else???!
No How many of these insulting failed cover ups will the people endure before they rise up against those in high office who put their personal profits and agendas before the welfare to the people???
The presidency has become a hollow sham.The goverment consists of self interested opportunists without conscience or morals.Wake up people!

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Ehh sorry just got to this thread
My daily lets check ATS for this topic. That link was great, I've been following this for awhile and it was very helpful to get that timeline and watch the story unravel!! Me thinks that this scandal has been part of the reason the administration has been so distracted lately. I could be wrong but I got the feeling this is going to get even bigger!

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Thanks for the replys. One question is really bothering me..Why has Mexican President Felipe Calderon remained Silent? This may be the answer. This is a pretty strong accusation. Sadly somehow few would be surprised if it's true.

eldiariodechihuahua.com

[warning Google translation] . . .

The security strategy deployed by the federal government in Mexico and particularly in Ciudad Juárez to fight drug trafficking is a lie because the government of Felipe Calderón protects the Sinaloa cartel and its leader, Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman, claims Anabel Hernandez, Mexican journalist.

The author of “The Lords of Narco” said the U.S. action in the midst of this “war” has not been very clear. Information is surfacing that indicates that Sinaloa Cartel operations in Mexico have the concurrence of bodies like the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA).

“For the federal government priority is only the enemies of ‘El Chapo’ and that’s why we have the slaughter, so Ciudad Juárez is as it is,” says the journalist from Italy, where she teaches a series of conferences on the issue of organized crime.

Anabel Hernández has made quite the charge: the Sinaloa cartel has bought the Mexican government lock, stock and Calderon. What’s more, the DEA knows about the corruption and plays ball with Calderon to catch other cartels, giving the Sinaloas a pass. Which would account for Calderon’s lack of indignation on the whole Gunwalker deal.

This could blow up big, and not only in the halls of Congress....

A few days ago I published a document in which the lawyers of Vicente Zambada Niebla, son of the “Mayo” Zambada [above], will argue as a defense to Chicago Federal Court alleged Sinaloa drug cartel had been operating with the approval of agencies like the DEA.

That would open another chapter in history to finish to understand what is happening. I could document and the book is, is that the Department of State United States is quite clear that today the most powerful cartel in the United States, the criminal organization of drug sales more important, the Sinaloa Cartel, which is mapped by city, state, and is the one that has spread throughout the country.

How did this happen under the noses of the United States government? One of two things: either it is one of his mistakes largest national security in recent years and is an issue of corruption also larger on that side of the border.

Calderon’s Silence on ATF Gunwalker Scandal Explained

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

S&F.
Too bad there are not really any major news sources reporting this, and the Obama supporters are circling the wagons.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
This Fast and Furious scandal needs to get more attention.

Politicians are going to do everything they can to make this whole incident disappear. There are just too many big players involved in this. It's going to be a difficult fight. Someone needs to be held accountable and not just some low level scapegoat.

Mexican people are furious about this US led infiltration of illegal guns. This has lead to numerous deaths from dangerous trigger happy cartels. Mexican politicians are using this incident to rally support and votes for the 2012 presidential election. They are also using it for political and economic leverage.

Anyone notice how Obama just passed law that allows Mexican truck drivers to drive in the US?
Coincedence? I personally doubt it.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Even Obama supporters should be pretty pissed about this.

But, very little information is out there in the MSM. You have to actually look for it and reading what has come out is disgusting.

This is going to be a real bad thing for this administration. The blood of many are on their hands.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

One question is really bothering me..Why has Mexican President Felipe Calderon remained Silent?

I have a very simple response to this.. His presidential term ends in 2012..

His time in office will end after the 2012 elections, as Mexico's presidents are limited to a single six-year term.

topics.nytimes.com...

I can go into detail about what this means and how it's relevant, yet I think most can figure it out.

edit on 7-7-2011 by matito because: link

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I'm pretty damn surprised that there is so little attention paid to this. Thank God for ATS and the rest of the alt. media blogosphere. This is pretty damn big IMHO. The ATF should be disbanded and it's operations divided between the Treasury and the FBI. That would be a nice start to shrinking the size of government.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Why has Mexican President Felipe Calderon remained Silent?

Because he is a marioneta (puppet) of the United States. He has done just about everything the US has asked him to. Look up the number of extraditions to the US, allowing drones over Mexico, increasing American law enforcement in Mexico. Janet Napolitano even admitted one time that we had some troops in the country.

As for protecting the Sinoloa Cartels, I believe US and Mexico has helped them.

The case you reference in Chicago could be an indication. Can't wait to see how the government responds.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join