It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phoenix Dust Storm: Video of Doomsday Scenes in Arizona

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Wow pretty scary video..Roland Emmerich would love a scene like this in his movies

These amazing pictures from the United States show a wall of dust moving through the city of Phoenix in Arizona. Sandstorms like this happen during the region's monsoon season, which is underway. They occur over desert land and can reach thousands of feet into the air, spurred by strong winds. The dense cloud dramatically reduced visibility, grounding flights at a major airport and leaving thousands without electricity.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I'm in west texas, we get smaller versions of this about once a week. I'd give anything for a decent rain shower right now. We're having the worst drought since 1895
edit on 7-7-2011 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Noobastronomer

cool video, i am curious about the severity. it looks a little worse than what is usually seen...

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
That sandstorm is actually quite normal. I have been stuck at the Phoenix airport twice for 18 plus hours.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
true i guess..........but im just curious about the visibility level....is it all smoke or can people actually see anything?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
wow and i guess i found the answer to that as well....here's another great video

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

They are quite regular, though that is larger then usual. Everything turns a rust color and if you stand in it, you feel like you are being sandblasted.
it is weird, they roll up quick too, you see one on the horizon you know you have about four minutes to get inside.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I live in Mesa AZ and was home for this "event"..I used "event" cause this was the only time a dust storm had been widely covered like this. Ive lived here for about 16 years now and this is nothing new. The visibility inside the cloud is around 25 feet or so. The dust is still in the valley and we can barely see the surrounding mountains that are no more than 30 miles away.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

They are quite regular, though that is larger then usual. Everything turns a rust color and if you stand in it, you feel like you are being sandblasted.
it is weird, they roll up quick too, you see one on the horizon you know you have about four minutes to get inside.

oh ...hey appreciate the info..... what about the atmosphere though?...is it safe to breathe ? (sorry if im being stupid lol i'm just curious to know stuff)

edit on 7-7-2011 by Noobastronomer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Surprised this didn't get more attention. According to the article I read, it was "especially intense". It fits right into the "extreme" weather we've been having... now it even fits into the UFO forum

new topics

top topics

join