It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trying to Remember a Modest Off Grid Book

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I'm not well versed in off grid yet, so please correct me as needed.

I am trying to remember a modest off grid book I saw a while back. I think it was produced by the state of California while Jerry Brown was serving from 75-83. I think Mr Brown has something to do with the publication. It's about 9" X 12" X 0.5". As I recall, It has a light tan cover with a line drawing of a dwelling. I remember a lot of line drawings. Each chapter focuses on a method or a particular dwelling.

There is a chapter about a small round off grid desert house.

There is a chapter about a large 2 story urban home. This home features a 2 story greenhouse on the back side side, with vents leading through the attic. Water pipes flow through the house for temperature control. There is a pipe under ground in the back yard to bring cool air. There is passive heat storage under the house.

There is a rural house that features methane processing and storage. The biowaste is shown processed through a hand cranked churning chamber. It's stored in a large drum with an inverted funnel as a lid. The weight of the funnel pushes the gas out the top through a hose to a stove.

If this rings a bell, please let me know.

Thank you.

new topics

join