It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Politicians Are Selling Off Pieces Of America To Foreign Investors And Goldman Sachs Is Helping

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Our Politicians Are Selling Off Pieces Of America To Foreign Investors And Goldman Sachs Is Helping Them Do It

endoftheamericandream.com

All over the United States, politicians are selling off key pieces of infrastructure to foreign investors and big Wall Street banks like Goldman Sachs are helping them do it. State and local governments across the country that are drowning in debt and that are desperate for cash are increasingly turning to the "privatization" of public assets as the solution to their problems. Pieces of infrastructure that taxpayers have already paid for such as highways, water treatment plants, libraries, parking meters, airports and power plants are being auctioned off to the highest bidder. Most of the
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
BOTH political parties are at fault for this mess. The Republicans for getting us into two expensive and worthless wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, passing tax laws that encourage U.S. companies to set up their manufacturing plants in China and not correcting these mistakes when they controlled the Congress and the Whitehouse. The Democrats are guilty for running up the credit cards to spend money on useless nonsense, allowing Chinese products to flood our markets and doing nothing about it, not securing our borders and following the same policies as George Bush. Both parties are guilty of continuing to send billions of aid dollars overseas in face of a terrible economic situation in the country and spending billions on keeping our miltary forces in who knows how many countries around the world.

It is time that globalization takes a back seat to National security.

endoftheamericandream.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 6-7-2011 by joyride0187 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
For those old enough to remember, that was the big fear in the '80s... that the Japanese and the Germans were buying up the US. I think these things tend to be cyclical and very dependent on the strength of the US economy and the relative strength of the dollar. While I tend to be a doom-and-gloomer most of the time, With some confidence, I can say that this too shall pass. The Chinese and the Russians are quickly becoming over-levreged and their own economies are building on quite an impressive bubble. Buying US interests seems to be a poison pill for anyone who does it. If and when the bubbles in China burst (as they seem less of an economic basket case than Russia - historically speaking) their assets in the US will be put right back on the block in a fire sale. If we have the funds, US corporations (or maybe the federal and state governments) will buy them back. If we're still economocially weak, some other buyer will come in... and lose their collective shirts on our stuff, too.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by joyride0187

No way. I'm betting within 1 year tptb will have bought the infrastructure to every major country on earth.

Welcome to the NWO.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
oh this is funny, only a month ago threads appeared about greece selling islands to pay for the debt and there we some who were all for this and say yes they should...etc. , well i guess its only normal that the U.S. sell off parts of its resources to pay for the trillions in debt.
edit on 6-7-2011 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
They need to start selling more, especially our military weapons.

Govt should have never been allowed to own all this stuff in the first place.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by joyride0187

Time for the people to start holding their elected officals accountible. I cant stress enough that the intent of the founding fathers was to have a government of, by and for the people, and the only way that can happen is for the people to actually participate - vote.

Email / Call / visit your reps. If there are any lawyers on the site a question - How can the government sell of infrastructure that belongs to the people via tax dollars and what recourse do we have?

Class action lawsuit to end the sales?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I can remember from the late 1970s into 1980s, sale of West coast real estate to foreign individuals or banks. By the late 1980s, traditional "American companies" wanted to shed their "American" branding and become transnational.

"American" companies bought or bought interest in foreign companies, and foreign investment bought or bought into "American" companies. Buy an "American" car on US soil...was it made in Mexico? Did American auto workers care if their paycheck came from GM headquarters or Toyota?

Do Americans worry if their minerals are being mined by or their paychecks come from foreign companies? Do Americans worry that "their" timber are sent overseas, having lost mill work here?

Lady Liberty has become a prostitute with Uncle Sam the pimp. Or maybe we just need to get used to living in a global, transnational economy.

The push to whittle govt down to basics combined with the push to privatize means the shedding of what Americans came to expect from govt services, or "American" ownership. Will you have to call a foreign company about your drinking water quality or pothole? Will your teacher/parent conference be online to India or China? The wars in Iraq and Afghanistan proved that a big chunk of defense can be left to private contractors, who are not necessarily American.

When we whittle govt small enough, there won't be any worry about a one world govt. Rather, the concern will be rule by transnational corporations, with their rules governing our daily lives, letting them get away with murder and pillage, as happened with the GOM oil spill, for example. Want to report air/water pollution...call the company and be put on hold.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
What a racket!
The taxpayer bails out Goldman Sachs,
Goldman Sachs then makes billions arranging financing for foreign interests to buy our infrastructure that the taxpayer already paid for!

Time for a new twist on an old saying
"Bend me over once - shame on you, bend me over twice - shame on me"

We're letting this happen?
If Congress won't listen it's time for plan B.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Once everything is sold.
You can start to tax them. lol
How 'bout making every square foot taxed?
You determine how its worth and if you polute it, you pay.
Can work for air, water, land, food pollutions.
No one is accountable right now and THAT.... THAT need to change.

new topics

top topics

join