It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicide bombers going up in price!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
It's insane the commodity value of suicide bombers!

MILITANT groups in Afghanistan and Pakistan are trading the lives of would-be suicide bombers for up to $US90,000 ($83,800), three times what they were paying just two years ago. Read more: www.smh.com.au...

It's a crazy world we live in, where an article can seriously state the following;

Two years ago, the Pakistani Interior Minister, Rehman Malik, reported that the price for a child bomber was less than $US30,000. Read more: www.smh.com.au...

How can we even hope to "win" against an enemy which fights by these rules?

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
didnt relise they were worth that much 90grand, i just thought they done it cause they wanted a load of virgins

i bet most of the aid sent to pakistan gets filtered to these groups

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ExCommando

Maybe if we pulled out of these countries we wouldn't have to play by these rules.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I thought his Smartestnest George Walker Bush termed them "homicide bombers" and we all had to follow suit or be "with" the terrorists.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by gremlin2011
didnt relise they were worth that much 90grand, i just thought they done it cause they wanted a load of virgins

i bet most of the aid sent to pakistan gets filtered to these groups

Sorry, I should have clarified - the "bombers" don't get anything - they do it as they are indoctrinated, uneducated, and sometimes forced into the role.

The various groups trade the bombers as a commodity - and the price is going up.

One can deduce that the common economic variable is in effect (supply vs demand) - supply is down, demand is up, so price obviously increases.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

From what I understand their family gets the money.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Maybe the US can just print up another few trillion and buy the bombers before anybody else does.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Instead of sending in troops.
Pay them All to blow them self's up!
Boom! end of war.

I bet it would be cheaper to.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by buddha

It would. Iraq cost about $400,000 per troop.

They spend $90,000 even at a 1:1 ration that's a net gain of $310,000 for them.

This really is a great option. One that could save billions.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Maybe the US can just print up another few trillion and buy the bombers before anybody else does.

Yeah, I'd support that.

So why don't we do things like that? You don't suppose there are other ulterior motives that don't call for ending the wars? Nah... Surely not....

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
How do we know they are suicide bombers? What if they are drugged up or something and then remote detonated? Their needs to be forensic evidence before someone can call them suicide bombers.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Cash money to blow themselves up?

And here I thought they were being paid 70 virgins in their afterlife.

I'd hoped that they'd run out of virgins and have to stop blowing themselves up.

This is terrible news...

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
You see how prices of everything under the sun has gone up right? Why would a suicide bomber be any different? It's called inflation.
edit on 9-7-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by LazyGuy
Cash money to blow themselves up?

And here I thought they were being paid 70 virgins in their afterlife.

I'd hoped that they'd run out of virgins and have to stop blowing themselves up.

This is terrible news...

The 72 Virgin myth is just that a MYTH, as God (whatever you call him/her/it) does not and will not ever reward any evil deeds during life with pleasure in the afterlife. Common sense in people should've easily defeated this lie.

It's all apart of the selling job to get someone to blow themselves up whereas yo can't promise them riches, fame and fortune because they'd have no incentive to do it because they wouldn't be able to utilize it during life because they'd be dead but promise them eternal sex and watch how many will be eager to line up.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
is any dollar amount enough to kill yourself over?

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by cocopuff

You'd be surprised. Offer it to someone whose been living on table scraps for the last few years and the idea sounds way more attractive. Offer it to someone who eats like 3 times a day in healthy perportions and watch how fast they decline it.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by cocopuff

Unfortunately when your family is poor and starving, the idea of them getting 30-90 grand for your sacrifice becomes a better and better option when you live in a world with little hope of surviving or even wanting to for long anyway.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

they pay them 90 grand to have lots of virgins when they die, why not do it for free and get 2x the virgins? Allah would be much more pleased that way.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Something is wrong with the war on terror when suicide bombers are doing it for money. Who has the money to fund this using poor people as pawns? Its not about a religious ideology that is just the excuse the people who hire these suicide bombers use to move attention off themselves and their obvious agenda. Who would fund this except those with some other motivation?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by pavelivanov22

they pay them 90 grand to have lots of virgins when they die, why not do it for free and get 2x the virgins? Allah would be much more pleased that way.

Reread my post like 4 posts up and actually learn something instead of coming on this site just to try and keep that lie going. Please stop promoting intolerance and percieved hatred of an entire group of people for which you know nothing of or about.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join