It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NO SHOW! U.S. Ambassador Snubs July 4th Ceremony Honoring Reagan In U.K.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Before we get to far into this story, I feel it necessary to state the last paragraph in this article:

He had however been at the unveiling of a statue of Reagan in Grosvenor Square earlier in the day, and hosted a generous breakfast for the entire VIP visiting party and the military band. So he cannot be accused of snubbing the Reagan centenary.

But What Could Have Been More Important Than Being Present For The Main Ceremony?

A Feel a Recall Will Be Demanded And Then Let The B.S. Start Flying.

Not Only A Slap In The Face To Reagan, But Even Harder Slap Of Our #1 Supporter Honoring Our Past President In Their Country.

The Missing US Ambassador at the feast for Ronald Reagan

"Why is our ambassador not here on Independence Day? No excuse. How is it that America is not represented in this room by our ambassador? It is appalling that no representative of our government is in this room. This has the feel of petty partisanship."

Ambassador Susman is, of course, a long-standing Democrat fundraiser, nicknamed the vaccuum cleaner for his skill at sucking donations out of the wealthy. And his efforts to fill Obama's campaign pockets was said by many to be his main qualification to come to London.

According to the US embassy spokesman: "Ambassador Susman was pleased to be invited to the dinner but was unable to attend."

The Missing US Ambassador at the feast for Ronald Reagan

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Well Barack Obama sent back the bust of Churchill to England from the Whitehouse he has an attitude about Britain due to his fathers struggles with colonialism and he pursues an active policy of treating its only ally on the planet of any consequence like dirt.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
It seems the snub was not only at The U.S., President Ronald Reagan and The United Kingdom but also Lynn De Rothchild, Wife of Sir Evelyn de Rothschild.

This may get interesting, especially since the US Embassy is refusing to state why the Ambassador was not present or where he was.

"Our ambassador should be here," said Lynn de Rothschild, the American entrepreneur who is married to Sir Evelyn de Rothschild and was one of Hillary Clinton's key fundraisers in 2008 as well as a supporter of several Republican presidential candidates. "This was an historic dinner to mark Reagan's centenary and to celebrate him as the man who ended the Cold War. What could not be more important?

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by EyeHeartBigfoot

"Not Only A Slap In The Face To Reagan, But Even Harder Slap Of Our #1 Supporter Honoring Our Past President In Their Country. "

Somehow I doubt anyone did "slap" the face of a corpse... even if so, well.. battery upon a moldy carcass doesn't technically hurt.

When you say "our".. eh, who exactly?.. I'm not included in any fake nationalism "we" sentiment .. I could care less that the oligarchs are honoring one of their henchmen with a gaudy over-priced Pigeon toilet.

..so the "news" here is that a govt lackey missed a dull ceremony?.. GOOD!!, everyone except egg chucking protestors should ignore these meaningless wastes of time.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

I stand corrected. Should have stated it as a slap to Reagan's Legacy.

I was speaking of "our" U.S. Government.

Glad to see at least you are passionate about this, regardless of your view.

Most Importantly, Thank You For Offering A Different View As Your Post Has Honestly Changed My View Some.

Regards,

t

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by EyeHeartBigfoot

$1 million of tax payer money spent on a statue of Reagan, somebody who nearly tripled the debt in this country, and you're surprised that nobody turned up? I don't know as to how tall Reagan stands in your eyes, to most other folks, his administration began the debt ridden government expansion we see today.

So yep, I'm sure the Reagnites and Thatcherists can continue holding the celebrations without the ambassador.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

I Guess I Should Clarify.

I Am Not A Reagan Fan.

I Am Concerned By The Dereliction Of Duty By The U.S. Ambassador.

It Was His Job To Be There.

If You Or I Do Not Do Our Job, We Are Disciplined.

I Am Just Saying, This Guy Lives A Very Comfortable Life Off U.S. Tax Payer's Money And Takes In A Sizable Salary.

What Was More Important Than Him Doing His Job On A Day The U.S. Celebrates?

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
...uhm - so, the uk's upper echelon of scum threw a fancy party to honor a dead actor/puppet on our independence day and our official embicile didnt show up to grovel?... gosh, gotta love the irony...

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by EyeHeartBigfoot
reply to post by GovtFlu

I stand corrected. Should have stated it as a slap to Reagan's Legacy.

I was speaking of "our" U.S. Government.

Glad to see at least you are passionate about this, regardless of your view.

Most Importantly, Thank You For Offering A Different View As Your Post Has Honestly Changed My View Some.

Regards,

t

Ok.. I guess I just don't see how his legacy as a DC mafia gangster is slapped just because some guy wasn't standing at a ceremony nobody in their right mind cares about.

..but.. if it is an insult in any way, shape or form... GOOD!! my day just became a little brighter.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Well Reagan was a pretty bad president. Trickle-down economics don't work.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by EyeHeartBigfoot
reply to post by Southern Guardian

I Guess I Should Clarify.

I Am Not A Reagan Fan.

I've heard it all before, it's a waste to convince me otherwise.

I Am Concerned By The Dereliction Of Duty By The U.S. Ambassador.

Let's see now, the thread title is about ambassador snubbing the honoring Reagan in the UK, is this the ambassadors job? Why does Reagan need to be honored in the U.K anyway? What's wrong with home ground? This is a very interesting question right there.

I Am Just Saying, This Guy Lives A Very Comfortable Life Off U.S. Tax Payer's Money And Takes In A Sizable Salary.

Reagan still appears to be wasting tax payer money, even after his death. $1 million down the drain, we'll add that to his $2.6 trillion debt. My tax payer money goes to the ambassador to represent this country, not a dead president.
edit on 6-7-2011 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Why should an American attend a 4th of July festivity against the enemy?

top topics

join