It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A prediction which actually came true

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
The following is a predicition which has actually came and is coming true: It is a excerpt from Zbigniew Brzezinski's book, Second Chance: Three presidents and the Crisis of American Superpower.

Pg 211-212 Chapter 8 entitled: Beyond 2008- (and America's Second Chance)
This chapter discusses the future of American foreign policy and international superpower and influential status. It was written in 2006, prior to the Global financial crisis, giving an anlysis of the foreign policy and American power assertion in the Global community under Bush I, Clinton and Bush II

Given America's growing globbal indebtedness (it now borrows some 80 percent of the world's savings) and huge trade defecits, a major financial crisis, especially in an atmosphere of emotionally charged and globally pervasive anti-American feeling, could have dire consequences for America's well-being and security. The euro is becoming a serious rival to the dollar and there is talk of an Asian counterpart to both. A hostile Asia and a self-absorbed Europe could as some point become less inclined to countinue financing U.S debt

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1309869242&sr=8-1

Dosen't that resemble an eeringly similiar current economic and political situation?

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
To be honest, most economists could have predicted this In 2006... The writing has been on the wall for a long time..

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

This isn't really all that impressive. Any intellectually honest economist saw this coming 15 years ago. It was the only logical outcome to our Government's actions.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

the book was published in 2008 - so really its less of a prediction and more commenting on pre-existing trends

PS - if you are counting this as a " sucessful prediction " - what about his coments on the euro ??

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I think you're all being a little unfair to the OP

A theory is a prediction, a prediction is a theory...

it seems like around here it doesn't matter if there's evidence (or not) to support the theory/prediction prior to its conception

if it exists - you say "duh"
if it doesn't exist - you say "prove it"
then if they do prove it you say "duh"

I predict more people will agree with the comments than with the OP at this point - seems to be the popular trend - oh but that can't count since I already have examples.... its also why I keep my predictions to myself

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Forevever
I think you're all being a little unfair to the OP

A theory is a prediction, a prediction is a theory...

it seems like around here it doesn't matter if there's evidence (or not) to support the theory/prediction prior to its conception

if it exists - you say "duh"
if it doesn't exist - you say "prove it"
then if they do prove it you say "duh"

I predict more people will agree with the comments than with the OP at this point - seems to be the popular trend - oh but that can't count since I already have examples.... its also why I keep my predictions to myself

You are correct but only if there are no past results from said theory. The laws of economics, as well as poor governance by past generations in various countries, including our own, have proven that the economic action and monetary policy taken and currently endorsed by our government does not work, because it never has. In short, Keynesian Economics is a failed theory created by an academic with no real world experience or application, much like the vast majority of the Executive Branch of our Federal Government, and only leads to massive debt, despair and hopelessness.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Sorry it was not published in 2008. I have the most recent copy, published in 2007 and his references throughout the book only predate 2006, not going beyond. Infact his book finishes through the 2 second year of bushes second term, which was 2006.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   

i shall quote from the amazon page :

Publisher: Basic Books, New York, NY; Pbk. Ed edition (April 7, 2008)

however source 2

cites editions from 2007 and 2008 - with no idicateion of editorial changes

but no cites for a 2006 edition

does it matter anyways ?

if he had predicted this in 1966 i would deem it worthy of interest

but even if in 2006 as you claim - it is still blatantly obvious where things MIGHT go

PS - care to address the euro ?

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Lol at you ignorant people saying "it was on the wall".

This is written by Zbigniew Brzezinski, teacher of Obama at uni.

If you're not amazed by these "predictions" - (fyi, in his context these are not predections but obstacles America must overcome in order to keep itself alive as geopolitical superpower) then read some more of his works. Like, writing about false flags and how the US could use one in 1999?

Ignorance is a bliss especially when you feel threatened by intelligence.

posted on Jul, 6 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Perhaps I am more amazed as I have read the whole book and it is all litered with information about fear being used by the Bush II government and possible by future governments to achieve national goals. It is even more amazing as the writer was the former National Security Adviser under Jimmy Carter and continued to advise Bush I, Clinton and Bush II upon request. I sincerely suggest you read the whole book.

As for the Euro, you are right, as an investment currency it is so rival to the US dollar. It may be a small consolation however to note that the Euro is curerntly performing stronger against the dollar. 1.00 EUR = 1.43200 USD.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Is there anyone that did NOT see it comming? After the economy thing it seemed like everyone "saw it comming"

top topics

join