It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calm Down People!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Hello all,

After much thought and personal debate with myself I've decided to write this little rant in the hope it may touch a nerve with the majority of the users on this site.

Firstly, do not get me wrong me wrong; I love a conspiracy as much as the next guy (or girl). I find the topics on this site fascinating and it's always nice to read someone else's opinion, especially if it involves a subject you have an involvement with.

As per my profile, I dislike anyone who can't see the "other side of the coin". I always try to look at an argument or debate through the eyes of my opponent, basically flipping the coin and putting yourself in their shoes. I'll be the first to admit that I've probably failed to do this on many occasions, but I'm also pretty sure everyone on here has at one time or another done the same.

Healthy discussion or debate is a productive tool that allows each and everyone of us to learn more about ourselves and others, a little bit of banter could even possibly make your day.

With that said, and going back to the topic in hand. I tend to find that most of us on here are looking and/or waiting for something to happen, we always have the usual "what happen's when Zombies invade?" or "the TPTB decide to cream us?"

Don't get me wrong, I don't trust the Government as far as I can throw them or most people for that matter. But ultimately, I find it a little disappointing to see people making outlandish, bold claims of events or prophecies about things that will never happen.

Everyone loves a little drama, fair enough; you wouldn't be human if you didn't. But at times I think we let ourselves down, maybe it's the nature of this site or the topics available to discuss...

Ultimately, we all sleep, eat, drink and work. Maybe sometimes it would be better to go back to basics, Occam's Razor anyone?

Who know's? But sometimes I see and read things on here that are a downright insult to the intelligence of the majority of our members.

Like I said, it's the nature of the site, but I just had to put this out.

Cheers,

DK

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

I swear, this is like farting into the wind.

(I like to do that, facing away from the scent.)

Really though, this behavior rises and falls like the tides. Pretty soon Venus/UFO threads will be back, and all will be well.

Now if you will excuse me, I have to do a Merry Poppins. (Farting in the wind, I like that name for it.)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

on the other side of that coin you were talking about, all those people who are running scared getting prepared for this and that, while you laugh and take no precaution... these will be the ones who will live when it really does happen. you will have no such preparations and without a place to sleep eat or work, what will you do then?

just playing devils advocate here

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by wx4caster

That's a fantastic point and I whole heartedly agree.

I'm not saying people shouldn't prepare for the unknown, but when that preparation becomes an obsession and almost a way of life then I think it's gone too far.

In accordance with the nature of life, some things you just simply cannot prepare for. Sometimes ignorance truly is bliss... until the crap hits the fan.... then you wish you had prepared...

Getting a headache now

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Nice rant DK

Nothing else to say but I miss u guys/gals in chat!

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron

I'm not saying people shouldn't prepare for the unknown, but when that preparation becomes an obsession and almost a way of life then I think it's gone too far.

The key words are "I think".

It's not your life, is it?

For some it is a way of life that simply fits in with a persons interests. That describes me. If you are not interested in it, then don't do it.

It's an ancient way of life that pretty much died out in the last century. Now we depend on technology, which can and IMO probably will fail, perhaps quite suddenly, instead of depending on knowledge and skills which cannot fail.

Civilization is just a very thin yet pretty veneer, covering a rotten core. It won't take much to destroy it. A solar flare could do it.

Or it could be a personal disaster that is being prepared for; things that can destroy a persons life, like divorce, tornado/hurricane, etc.

It is a dangerous world.
edit on 5-7-2011 by LHP666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by LHP666
The key words are "I think".

It's not your life, is it?

For some it is a way of life that simply fits in with a persons interests. That describes me. If you are not interested in it, then don't do it.

It's an ancient way of life that pretty much died out in the last century. Now we depend on technology, which can and IMO probably will fail, perhaps quite suddenly, instead of depending on knowledge and skills which cannot fail.

Civilization is just a very thin yet pretty veneer, covering a rotten core. It won't take much to destroy it. A solar flare could do it.

Or it could be a personal disaster that is being prepared for; things that can destroy a persons life, like divorce, tornado/hurricane, etc.

It is a dangerous world.
edit on 5-7-2011 by LHP666 because: (no reason given)

Put quite simply, you could be run over by a bus tomorrow morning. How are you going to prepare for that?

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Perhaps I worded my OP slightly misleadingly in the sense that I used terms that would single out survivalists.

Got nothing wrong with survivalists, in fact I love the subject and used to post in that area of the board on a daily basis.

My point being is it seems that some people believe everything is a lie, everyone's out to get them, everything is corrupt or a combination of the three. You then also have the people who are living in la la land, all I saying is enjoy your life and don't obsess over things that will probably never happen or are that improbable it's almost funny...

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Put quite simply, you could be run over by a bus tomorrow morning. How are you going to prepare for that?

Sure. There are any number of things that can cause my death. I can only prepare for it by exercising caution.
I already said that it was a dangerous world.

But in the post below, you said that some concentrate on the negative, and I agree. It is a dangerous world. It's also a beautiful world.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Nothing wrong with playing devils advocate

But I'll be happy to go down with the ship ♥

My point being is it seems that some people believe everything is a lie, everyone's out to get them, everything is corrupt or a combination of the three. You then also have the people who are living in la la land, all I saying is enjoy your life and don't obsess over things that will probably never happen or are that improbable it's almost funny...

Multiple stars DK

I agree in regards to the "EXTREME" of these groups. But only the extreme, the rest are cool with me

Humans are prone to look for patterns that do not exist. Its like a giant "connect the dots" game, where none of the dots are numbered. They doodle a star in the middle and all the dots that connect within the star suddenly mean something... No, they don't. It just means they like doodling stars... I prefer to analyze "why" they chose the star design... why not a heart?

They want to ask, why does B come after A?... I want to ask, why do they care??? Thats where I believe the real answer is. Inside me, inside you, inside them.

In taking this approach, I find that most people are genuinely "good" people. They just want to help others and this is one way to do it. When it comes to the extreme people... same thing, except its not diluted with OTHER ways of helping people, and they get caught up in the madness.

Personally, I'm one of the ones who's totally rooting for mother nature (flush it down! flush it down!!)... I wish I could blindly believe that there's a grand scheme of permanent human removal - but sadly - there's just absolutely no evidence of a reptilian agenda, or that Elenin will be anything more than a light in the sky (if we're lucky).

If any of them ARE right, I'll just sit back and enjoy the show (on youtube if I can connect
) from the comfort of my own desk.

MY POINT IS, that while its necessary to speculate, any extreme is bad. I will not come out say that their predictions will absolutely, positively NOT happen - cause hey, maybe Elenin will decide to make a sharp left at the last second and slam us into oblivion - wish I was psychic and could tell you... but I can use discernment on how I let it affect my day to day, and what information I choose to pass along.

Mad love ♥

top topics

join