It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Down on the Fourth of July: the United States of gloom

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
People will be people. Concentrating on the doom and gloom, it’s easy. I however, choose to see the bright side. I refuse to give up and will fight to see this country great again.

Our cousins across the pond, the world over see it. Why can’t we?

blogs.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Hard to appreciate the view when you're stuck in the mud

I understand though, I think we do need to step back once in a while and realize we have it better than a lot of people, even if its not perfect

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Your average person that does not pay to much attention to the media seem to be better off and that includes sites like this..the only people that talk about feeling some uneasy feeling are for the most part folks that are slowly conditioned to feel that way...the average coworker feel bad about the economy but nobody is talking about some impending doom..like a planet coliding with earth, super bug, alien takeover, police state etc...I'm not looking for an argument I'm just pointing out the facts that unless you look at these types of sites or listen to coast to coast you are immune to feeling like this...naturally some will make the point that their friends who do not follow this stuff also feel something...I'm positive and I look to the day when we make the change and once again live in just a short window of doing better than today...life is good and I'm thankful for all the things I have and that I'm still around for my family...

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
so who is dancing in the streets these days ?

luxemborg ?

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

It is a attitude thing, I agree. I'm a realist but I choose to see the doom and gloomers as a opportunity. If we concentrate on the gloom, it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

While hard times may create hard men, it is those who choose to learn from the past that will create the future.

edit on 4-7-2011 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join