It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for DJ mixing software....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I am looking for some good DJ mixing software. I want to be able to mix songs and make my own music as well. I want it to be more for techno music preferbly break beat, dub step, or trance. It would be nice for it to be free but I dought there are any decent ones that are.

Thanks in advance!

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Well first things first...

Mac or PC?

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Illustrial recommends..... FL Studio

Its what I do 99% of my stuff on

edit on 4/7/11 by neformore because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I am a qualified music technician, and i can advise with confidence that Reason and Cubase are by far the best programs for music on Windows. For mac, Logic is a good one, but VERY expencive, purely due to its huge size.

Cubase is fairly cheap, however it comes with very little VST's and you have to pay to add more. Reason is a bit more expencive, but you get the whole package.

Use them to create your music, and then use T-racks to master the tracks after.

By the way, Cubase does have the advantage of being able to use instruments and mics directly into the program, and if you have both, you can use a handy lil thing called ReWire, quite unreliable but it does the job when it works.

I hope this helps you, and if you're worried about the price, well, there is another way *wink wink, nudge nudge*

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
FL Studio, Logic Pro, Pro Tools, dJay for Mac, and Cubase are all good.

I highly recommend FL Studio or Pro Tools.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by iSwag

That's an excellent point... For anyone on a Mac there's an excellent, FREE, and fully featured application called "Mixxx" and I'd recommend giving it a spin.

www.mixxx.org...

ADD: I just realized if you check their downloads section its for Windows too.
edit on 4-7-2011 by Mapkar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Oh and also, just to check, do you have an external sound card or a internal sound card? If you're still using the sound card you got with your pc, you wont get anything good out of it and you will be doomed with redicules latency and terrible quality. M-Audio are a good brand to buy, grab an external sound card and a midi keyboard from them (prob cost round £150 for both of them) and you will be fine.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Here you go...

Free and open Source.

Audacity.

audacity.sourceforge.net...

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
For Windows, it's gotta be Cubase. My dad has been using that stuff since it was nothing but a dotted line running across the screen and letting out a beep every now and then on his Commodore 84. They've had a long time to perfect it, and I've seen the new stuff. It's very high quality software.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
hey,

mixcraft is good (especially for beginners) and you can get a free trial...i made this drum n bass track with it www.youtube.com...

much love
stu

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
It's for a PC running Vista...my bad.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismicha77

First advise, get windows 7

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Trolloks

Ah I see, thank you!

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trolloks

First advise, get windows 7

I know...cash straped though.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Anyone know about Virtual DJ Pro V7.0.3?

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

No one mentioned Sonar Producer 8.5? I'd go with that, Cubase or Protools if this is for real time recording or a studio setting, I've used all three in both stationary and mobile studio settings. If you are clubbing you might want to try Numark, Atomix, etc.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

I've played around with Virtual DJ Pro for a little bit while setting up karaoke software for a club. It has a lot of plugins available for mixing, sampling, etc. The parts that I liked about it was how user friendly it was to use and the video display support.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

Thanks mate. It's for clubs, I'm going to try out Atomix.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
For making music, I personally use ableton; but the likes of cubase, fl studio, and logic will serve you well.

For mixing, I highly recommend traktor, or virtual DJ.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
If you haven't tried out Traktor Pro you have no idea what you are missing.

In my younger years I DJed at a few clubs, I ran a 4 deck setup with 1 Timecode attached to my Dell XPS running Traktor, 2 Pioneer CDJ1000's and a Technics SL1200-MK2 attached to whichever mixer the club had.

Had tons and tons of fun with Traktor, its smooth and precise the sound quality is stellar, tons of options and tweaks to get everything just right from small to large venues.

We used it in the studio to record and mix all our advertisements for the radio stations.

Give it a try.

-Lightrule

top topics

join