It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exhumation after wrong bodies buried in hospital mix-up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Link here

The NHS getting stick again after doing something stupid, again.

Two bodies with the same second name were given to the wrong funeral directors by hospital staff even with the name tags attached, after staff didn't check the names before releasing them. Staff have been found in that mortuary to have made 70 errors, and a 'system failure' has occurred.

Now, I hate getting on my high horse about accidents, because accidents happen. But my God, can you imagine anything worse than having to dig up and bury your father a second time because someone failed to look at the first name or just couldn't be bothered to check before handing out a body? The amount of distress this will have caused both families is unthinkable and I doubt the apology issued will have covered it.

There are policies in place to stop this kind of thing happening, and it kinda sickens me when they're ignored. Messing with peoples feelings like that, even when it's an accident, can and should be avoided. It is, after all, their jobs.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Ayana

it is a shame that these mistakes happen.
i blame the bloody government and their cuts.
not to mention half qualified doctors/nurses from abroad
dont say im wrong because i spend a lot of time in hospitals.
ive seen clerical errors 1st hand

regards...dave

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
This should be a clue to all of us that our actions do affect others. And in some cases, such as this one, many others. Maybe the bad press on this will help to straighten out the administrative too. Since ultimately, it is their responsibility to prevent this kind of debacle.

Star. Since I can't flag you yet.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Ayana

Thats in Englad...over here our Funeral Home Directors dont even bother trying to put them right...they say they cremate them then throw them out in the woods behind the house,and claim the fees....

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Homedawg

Someone did that to a dog over here and there was an uproar. There'd be a riot if they did it to a person...

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Ayana

There are two that I can remember off hand....one in Georgia had something like 300 bodies half buried in his woods he was paid to cremate.....another was in Ohio or Indiana...same numbers

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Oh goodness. That is really awful.

Some people do make me sick.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Ayana

Greed is what its all about

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Yeah. I don't think making money out of people's grief in that way is right though, is it? Some people are vile.

join