It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rethinking the Mods here

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I was visiting GLP, a site I just found today and was appalled by the racist comments that are allowed. It blurs any message that one attempts to get across.

In the past I have made harsh statements regarding our Mods here on ATS, I take some of at back.

I understand why they select some of the threads to close now, it confuses issues.

I am just a normal guy from the Midwest, not some disinformation agent.

I just realize, after visiting a few other forums that the mods are here to keep our topics out of the gutters, and for that I thank you.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Stovokor

clint eastwood style,in the good the bad and the ugly.lol

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stovokor
I was visiting GLP, a site I just found today and was appalled by the racist comments that are allowed. It blurs any message that one attempts to get across.

In the past I have made harsh statements regarding our Mods here on ATS, I take some of at back.

I understand why they select some of the threads to close now, it confuses issues.

I am just a normal guy from the Midwest, not some disinformation agent.

I just realize, after visiting a few other forums that the mods are here to keep our topics out of the gutters, and for that I thank you.

I`ve only been here short while,and I have to say that the mods seem very fair...

I`ve questioned them, but on closer review, I see what post they deleted ,and it was totally in keeping with the rules. (have made the mistake of thinking they deleted one that I thought should not have been)

GLP sounds like a site I would not want to be a part of.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I'm new here and so far so good!

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I too have criticised both the mods and owners in the past.

But if you look at the big picture, they are doing a pretty good job. Compared to other conspiracy websites, this one is far more under control, and they do put up with a lot of name calling and baseless accusations. As far as I know, the mod it for free, and do it in their spare time as well.

Without mods this would just be another cess pool of paranoid garbage

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

You know i bet they get very little thanks for the work they do ..I think we as ATS members should thank them for their dedication and their time spent keeping this site the best on the web .
THANKS TO ALL THE MODS

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by granpabobby

You know i bet they get very little thanks for the work they do ..I think we as ATS members should thank them for their dedication and their time spent keeping this site the best on the web .
THANKS TO ALL THE MODS

That's what we have this for:

And for those that don't think that is enough: [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9f9a70539e94.gif[/atsimg]

Just make sure not to get carried away. [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d42c2b8088a6.gif[/atsimg]

And since there is another element of this site that's often under-appreciated: [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/aa8184d71425.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Stovokor

Short and sweet - ATS mods rock and I wouldn't even consider reading the # on any other site!

TG

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
They do a cracking job however some of them are very quick to remove posts and issue warnings I responded to an abusive post a few days back and go slapped with an warning. There was no malice or abuse in my post but it was removed. I suppose no site is perfect

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I honestly never see Mods interjecting in any threads, that doesn't warrant having them step in.

And anyway, I think the mods would be slightly embarrassed if they let the forums become out of control like GLP (slight dig).

Mods do a great job as long as people understand the rules (took me a while, but I got there, I think).

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by On the level
They do a cracking job however some of them are very quick to remove posts and issue warnings I responded to an abusive post a few days back and go slapped with an warning. There was no malice or abuse in my post but it was removed. I suppose no site is perfect

I have seen at times, certain posts being removed pre-maturely...But I'm sure they have their reasons for doing so...So for the most part, who are we to question their actions? I'm sure all actions are usually justified.

But then again, there's over 20+ mods aren't there? So what one mod might conceive to be an "off-topic", or abusive post, might not be, to another mod.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
ive seen it many times it aint of the ordinatry thats for sure

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

But then again, there's over 20+ mods aren't there? So what one mod might conceive to be an "off-topic", or abusive post, might not be, to another mod.

In that regards I think it comes down to the mods who have been here awhile, and can sense when something is about to go down the drain, they seem to have a good sense of intuition. In some cases, maybe they jumped the gun. As apparent in a recent rant by SkepticOverlord, they are growing tired of having to be the "adults" and are taking proactive measures to remove some of that load. Namely, nipping stuff in the bud before it gets to the problem stage.

Sure, some threads might have carried on fine within the T&C, most cases, they don't.

respect the mods and they will respect you.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by granpabobby

THANKS TO ALL THE MODS

I second that! I am glad that the mods keep close tabs on all of us....I have been on websites where anything goes and all the people do is swear at each other and say vile things....because of that.... no meaningful discussion is possible.

Yes folks...I am very grateful for ATS.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I LOVE THE MODS - - I THANK THE MODS.

I know sometimes it can be frustrating - - - but the MODS are one of the main reasons I call ATS my conspiracy home.

There is no way - after my years of experience in forums - I would waste my time in a non-MOD forum.

And I find the MODS on ATS to be especially dedicated to their position and fairness.

YAY! MODS

top topics

join