It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God is GOOD and I will defend Him. A Challenge for Atheists

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd

We will be in a new heaven and a new earth by that point. All things are bound by birth, development and transition. The point is to make the transition by the requirements set by God.

An article I wrote has a good answer. LINK

Originally posted by ExistentialNightmare
reply to post by megabytz

Andromeda Gallaxy in on a collision course with the Milky Way; it will cause death and destruction.

If a creator is loving, and omnipotent; he would stop such a collision? Right? Or perhaps he wouldn't have designed such a collision in the first place; it seems he has.
edit on 3-7-2011 by ExistentialNightmare because: (no reason given)

requirements set by God.

You mean requirements set by man, on Earth?
edit on 4-7-2011 by ExistentialNightmare because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by novastrike81
reply to post by wx4caster

We can't also forget Psalms 119:152, 160 and God's law being eternal and unchanging.

Psalm 152 " Concerning thy testimonies, I have known of old that thou hast founded them for ever."

Psalm 160 "Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever."

No. let them be burned into our hearts and minds, so we'll always remember them. Such being the essence of indoctrination, it's important to keep it up.

Lawhdy, what would the world come to, if people started to think for themselves. Brutal anarchy (far beyond Ayn Rand), nihilism, open rape in the streets and worst of all, theist privileges taken away.

It bears not to be thought of.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I have avoided talking about anyone. My comments are a subject that may speak to your own spirit. I am not in control of this. Your spirit will react to truth if it is true and false if it has no merit to you. We are all capable being deceived by counterfeit truth. I do not see my truth as counterfeit. If you do, they why are you still participating? I assume you are searching for truth, just like me. Present your perspective apart from stepping on the object (me). Speak to the subject instead.

Originally posted by bogomil
reply to post by SuperiorEd

To the list of hijacked and twisted material you 'borrow' from other truth-seeking systems and fit to your own purpose, you included 'koans' from zen-buddhism in a recent post (on page 6) and before that an 'inductive category' argument to equalize asian religions with your interpretation of the bible (not surprisingly DISREGARDING the basic differences between the compared systems, and with little or no knowledge of the real bases of such alternative systems).

Your present efforts of 'arranging' material and the use of a diffuse and undefined private methodology has been tried time and again here on ATS, and always ends with the refusal of the claimant of such an approach to relate to anything, which possibly could be a reality-check.

Attacking, or as you call it 'sharing' or 'giving testimony', from as many (unsupported) directions as you can cook up, only results in the end-result of a big verbal gordic knot, which I honestly doubt you yourself can find any start or end of.

Except of course by eventually falling back on the self-proclaimed 'authority' of your bible-interpretation. And while such a position can be beneficial for you, you are NOT the norm of mankind, and there is no reason whatsoever, that your preachings will have any value at all except for your subjective existence.

So please start calling things by their proper names, and start using them as they self-defined are meant to be used. Then we can preach at each other.

I'm just hanging around, until you restrict yourself to what's you're best at: Preaching bible-'absolutes' from your own bible-interpretation.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I'm sorry but you are using the same tired arguments to attempt to prove gods existence. I have heard them all and there is truly no sound reasoning behind them. However, I would love to hear a new one.

The bible gets nothing right about physics. The men who wrote it had no idea how to even attempt to explain the beginning of the universe. They adapted their creation story, as well as other stories, from other religions in the area. They may have wanted to understand the universe but neither had the knowledge nor the resources to even begin.

People have been inserting god into their lack of understanding for far to long. It is a completely unnecessary concept intellectually or morally.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by megabytz

I'm sorry but you are using the same tired arguments to attempt to prove gods existence. I have heard them all and there is truly no sound reasoning behind them. However, I would love to hear a new one.

The bible gets nothing right about physics. The men who wrote it had no idea how to even attempt to explain the beginning of the universe. They adapted their creation story, as well as other stories, from other religions in the area. They may have wanted to understand the universe but neither had the knowledge nor the resources to even begin.

People have been inserting god into their lack of understanding for far to long. It is a completely unnecessary concept intellectually or morally.

This.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Read this post: LINK How can you compare your comments to what I was thinking of my principal and father-in-law? Can you claim to be above God's character after "insert your age" years of living on this earth? Put yourself in perspective and see that you will eventually come to find out why these things were necessary. If you bother to read the Bible for all it's worth, you can see the larger picture. God will not act toward us any different than my father-in-law acted toward me to protect his beloved daughter.

God is the best father you can ever have.

Originally posted by racasan

Decisions Decisions

Do I point out that the texts I selected clearly show bible god to be nothing more than some tribal god whose myth has thanks to some unhappy accident of history managed to hang on and still have a creepy unhealthy effect on some minds in the present day

Do I point out that the texts I selected clearly show the character of bible god to be nothing more a sadistic psychopathic clown and not a highly evolved universe creating entity?

Do I point out that the text you are trying to claim are good are in the same book that my selection of text came from and that if the book is out of date as you seem to suggest, maybe you should wait till bible god send down a service pack or maybe bible 2.0 before making any statements about bible gods character

edit on 4-7-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

if that is the case i would rather be an orphan.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Your chart of God killing and Satan killing is not accurate. People make choices, as do God and Satan. Choices are the responsibility of those making them. Choices. Buddha knew the truth of love. Replace 'he' in the passage below with God. God or any other man. You get your answer. Blame yourself for your life. God provided everything you need. Ask, and He will provide answers to you doubt. It starts with trust and faith.

Dhammapada (Buddha)

1. Choices

We are what we think.
All that we are arises with our thoughts.
With our thoughts we make the world.
Speak or act with an impure mind
And trouble will follow you
As the wheel follows the ox that draws the cart.
We are what we think.
All that we are arises with our thoughts.
With our thoughts we make the world.
Speak or act with a pure mind
And happiness will follow you
As your shadow, unshakable.
"Look how he abused me and hurt me,
How he threw me down and robbed me."
Live with such thoughts and you live in hate.
"Look how he abused me and hurt me,
How he threw me down and robbed me."
Abandon such thoughts, and live in love.
In this world
Hate never yet dispelled hate.
Only love dispels hate.
This is the law,
Ancient and inexhaustible.

Originally posted by megabytz

If I am wrong, then God is still obligated to deal with Satan in love, not hate.

So god is obligated to deal with satan in love but not his own creations?

God commanded the slaughter of people throughout the bible.

Man did not choose to have god flood the entire planet and kill every living creature .

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   

You mean fruit as in happiness, friendship, prosperity, love, health, etc?

I have more of these things than I ever had when I was a christian.

Being in a constant state of cognitive dissonance is not healthy for the mind.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

We have no understanding of natural laws. At the end of the day, our science ends at the front door of where these laws originate.

So insert god here? Religious arguments so often rest on the lack of human understanding.

Science doesn't end. Science is always searching for answers

Instead of saying oh oh I know! God did it! And then shaping life around that ignorance.

edit on 4-7-2011 by megabytz because: (no reason given)

Or attempting to shape science around religion.
edit on 4-7-2011 by megabytz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

You wrote:

["I do not see my truth as counterfeit. If you do, they why are you still participating?"]

Because invasive counterfeit truths have an extremely unpleasant impact on mankind in general.

The openly monopoly-seeking part of the christianities being amongst the top five most destructive ideologies in historical time. There hasn't been much 'love' in that, only 'love' as a cosmetic bait.

That's why.

You don't believe, that the main opposition to your preachings is from a pedantic need of correcting sophisticated points of existential philosophy?

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Read the original posts and all of the rest of my posts. I have demonstrated aplenty. I'll save my distal phalanges the work and just have you go back and read if you desire the evidence and reasoning.

Originally posted by CaDreamer

cant prove a negative...lets try this instead...show me evidence that god is good i have not seen any yet, since it isnt forthcoming it is safe to assume that there isnt any proof and therefore god if he/she/it existed he/she/it could be either good or evil. since the only proof (pseudoproof actually) is the bible then there is no proof. god wrote the bible (allegedly) so you cant use it as an example to prove his/her/its goodness.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Suffering is the point of life. This seems opposite to what the world tells you.

Correct. Most people's idea of a "good" god is one that minimizes pain and maximizes pleasure. But in my opinion, the reason God allows pain and suffering is because He knows that's the only time most people will reach out to Him.

so this loving good god is the source of all suffering? so he/she/it can get you to do what he/she/it wants? sounds evil and manipulative ...the opposite of good.

He is the source of suffering work that ends in lasting reward. This is different than the suffering that comes as a result of taking from the world and others. The latter is the form of suffering that destroys the planet. The former is the suffering that builds our future.

It is really pretty simple. God defends, protects and honors. Satan steals, kills and destroys. We choose sides as we live. Unbelief will end in you being your own God. Good luck after death.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

Being a reiki-healer, healthfood-freak and amateur practitioner of 'natural medicine' myself, I naturally have strong sympathies for your opinons on this.
I can't pretend to be an expert on any of that. I just listen to these shows on internet radio about all these cases where things like eliminating casein and gluten can dramatically change mental conditions.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Love for others is a divine love. It is obviously not physical or even emotional. This is a spiritual love. This is love that is clearly defined in 1 Corinthians 13.

If you read 1 Corinthians 13 carefully, this love can be clearly seen. All you need to do is ask God to demonstrate His love to you. Don't expect a new car or a better job. This is purely at a spiritual level within. The greatest value you can possess is a deep understand of faith from within you soul. Nothing in this world can compare. From this starting point, God opens a void from within you. He fills this void each time you discover a new truth; each time you conquer a part of your self-pride.

All of us have this void. We can temporary fill it with the world, but each time we try, the world leaves us empty. The void leaves us wanting more. On the other hand, filling this void with spiritual nourishment lasts. It is a reward that keeps on giving. Once you are truly cleansed within, you value yourself, God and others around you in a new way.

Ask. This is all you need to start. Be prepared to see yourself for what you are. God can only work with you on an equal basis. If you are full of your own pride, He will not be present. Humility is the key.

Read this blog post. LINK

Originally posted by Hashyt308
What if you have no hate for anybody, but have no love for yourself or others. This is the problem that I'm having with myself...

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Read the original posts and all of the rest of my posts. I have demonstrated aplenty. I'll save my distal phalanges the work and just have you go back and read if you desire the evidence and reasoning.

cant prove a negative...lets try this instead...show me evidence that god is good i have not seen any yet, since it isnt forthcoming it is safe to assume that there isnt any proof and therefore god if he/she/it existed he/she/it could be either good or evil. since the only proof (pseudoproof actually) is the bible then there is no proof. god wrote the bible (allegedly) so you cant use it as an example to prove his/her/its goodness.

Predictable ofcourse: "I have already 'explained' it".

The only things you have done are trying to present pseudo-rational arguments or twisting borrowed, competing material. And when that didn't go home too well, resorting to the circle-argument of a self-proving bible.

You may call that 'evidence' and 'reasoning'; but again, that's how such concepts are defined in YOUR (still not presented) version of truth-seeking. For some heathen or heretic reasons, this method of self-confirmation isn't taken seriously by your opposition, which mainly use real rational reasoning as a guideline.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Here is an article I wrote on counterfeit truth. LINK

You wrote:

["I do not see my truth as counterfeit. If you do, they why are you still participating?"]

Because invasive counterfeit truths have an extremely unpleasant impact on mankind in general.

The openly monopoly-seeking part of the christianities being amongst the top five most destructive ideologies in historical time. There hasn't been much 'love' in that, only 'love' as a cosmetic bait.

That's why.

You don't believe, that the main opposition to your preachings is from a pedantic need of correcting sophisticated points of existential philosophy?

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
So, tell me how God is not good. Fill me with real and rational reasoning. Make sure you use references to real-world arguments. Make sure you draw the connections between man's actions and God's actions. Provide some context, as I have clearly done with my reasoning.

Predictable ofcourse: "I have already 'explained' it".

The only things you have done are trying to present pseudo-rational arguments or twisting borrowed, competing material. And when that didn't go home too well, resorting to the circle-argument of a self-proving bible.

You may call that 'evidence' and 'reasoning'; but again, that's how such concepts are defined in YOUR (still not presented) version of truth-seeking. For some heathen or heretic reasons, this method of self-confirmation isn't taken seriously by your opposition, which mainly use real rational reasoning as a guideline.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Firstly I am not an atheist, but I do have some things I'd like to put to you.
Why oh why do Christians always attach human emotions and logic to a Being that is supposedly supernatural? Surely a being capable of creating everything is beyond that.
Why did your so called loving God create a world where the only way to survive is by eating DEAD plants and animal flesh instead of providing something non living as food?
Why oh why do Christians refer to this 'God' as male - oh yeah easy one, because 'he' is a meglomaniacal, murdering psycho that destroys people who wether good or not do not believe in him or do as he says.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I see you have concerns about God. As I have already given my answers to your questions in my postings, please give me a good answer to this question:

Assuming you could have the power of God, how would you create a world with free creatures who never choose evil? Assuming your goal, of course, was to ensure that these creatures had free will and were not automatons. You are ultimately after a being like us, possessing free will. What would your limits be and how would you ensure that they behave? Would love be the goal, or would there be something else?

Originally posted by TattooedWarrior
Firstly I am not an atheist, but I do have some things I'd like to put to you.
Why oh why do Christians always attach human emotions and logic to a Being that is supposedly supernatural? Surely a being capable of creating everything is beyond that.
Why did your so called loving God create a world where the only way to survive is by eating DEAD plants and animal flesh instead of providing something non living as food?
Why oh why do Christians refer to this 'God' as male - oh yeah easy one, because 'he' is a meglomaniacal, murdering psycho that destroys people who wether good or not do not believe in him or do as he says.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Here is an article I wrote on counterfeit truth. LINK

You wrote:

That's why.

I read the offered link, which is based on a mindset of existential angst, unable to cope with uncertainty. A lot of unnecessary demagogy is presented in it, but eventually it comes around to the (surpriiiise everybody) statement, that all the 'answers' in the article basically rest on a self-proving bible.

Not exactly news, neither is it more convincing than the first thousands or more times THAT 'explanation' has been used. Repetition of the mantra: "It's true, because it's true" has become the desperate measure to attain (whatever ....respect, trust, privileges, monopoly....) to extremist christianity.

I ask the question again: "Are you trying to tire out opposition through this mantra of self-confirming 'truth'; or are you so optimistic, that you actually expect anyone to be indoctrinated into believing it from having this monotonous propaganda hammered at you again and again?"

I have personally very strong doubts about the efficiency of such a tactic. It'll most likely have the opposite effect, because the manipulative aspects are there for everybody to see.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join