It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, what’s on the menu this weekend?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
My extended family and friends are doing the usual Tex-Mex this weekend.

We will grill hamburgers, hot dogs, habaneros, wild hog, Bambi (venison), chicken, shrimp, fajitas, mushrooms, onions, green peppers and what ever else is fresh or was frozen. With ranchero beans, spicy rice, deviled eggs, corn bread and tortillas. Hot tamales, chips, dip, chile con queso and salsa for grazing. Jalapenos, sour cream, diced tomatoes, chopped cilantro, shredded cheese and guacamole to add. Hamburger and hot dog fixings. Beer, iced tea and various sodas to sip on. Apple crumble with vanilla ice cream, chocolate flan with Kahlua on top and chocolate cake for dessert. Lots of coffee afterward.

This is the agreed upon items but there will probably be other items.

Finally, hopefully enough sober folks to wrap butt holes in shrimp net and tie them to a tree. The rules are no weapons, no fights and no DUI.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Love on toast.

2nd

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Bramble Iceshimmer

Can I come over? Please?

I'll even pay for my own flight

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Tomorrow's menu will consist of tangy braised ribs, rosemary roasted potatoes, grilled corn, green beans with caramelized onions, homemade strawberry shortcake and all manner of drink.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by maria_stardust
Tomorrow's menu will consist of tangy braised ribs, rosemary roasted potatoes, grilled corn, green beans with caramelized onions, homemade strawberry shortcake and all manner of drink.

If the OP rejects me then I can come over to yours I take it ?

All this talk of lovely food is making me hungry!

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Chinese Lanterns with some ignorance on the side-dish.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
That sounds sooooo good! MMMM! Unfortunately, [

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TaintedVisions

That's the nice thing about a lot of people participating is the cost is lower, several guys are hunters and some are shrimpers. Several will pull a large pit behind their trucks to do the cooking and just about everyone will bring beer and soda. Doesn't cost much to boil a big pot of beans or make a lot of rice.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

Why not! The more the merrier.

Alas, the great state of Texas is under a burn ban so no fireworks display.

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
BBQ potluck surprize! We are taking a smoked tri tip and salads. I'm going to launch an idea for a potato salad: potatoes (duh) with roasted Anaheim Chilis, green onions, crumbled bacon, and olives. Mayo/mustard dressing. Whadaya think? The other salad will be tossed green. One daughter is taking spaghetti squash abd strawberry shortcake but I'm not sure what they are BBQing, the other daughter is doing corn on thecob and not sure what else.

top topics

join