It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Killer's kin sue over 'inmate' tag, It's offensive to their sensibilities...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
www.nypost.com...

Who you callin' an inmate? The family of a coldblooded killer serving 25 years to life in state prison for shooting a man in the head complains he's being stigmatized -- by the use of the term "inmate." The label "implies that our brother is locked up for the purpose of mating with other men," claims Marie Domond in a lawsuit against the state Correctional Services Department. The Brooklyn federal court filing demands that officials immediately stop calling Gerard Domond "an inmate." It apparently hurts his feelings. Sis seeks $50 million damages for "mental anguish."

Some things you just can't make up.

ATTENTION!
Please read: Starting a New Thread

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites;
*please post one or two paragraphs,
*a link to the entire story,
*AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on July 4th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by LHP666

Wow.. They need to be hit in the head with a tackhammer and then told to go home and be quiet. Further I dont even see how they have standing to bring any coplaint when they arent the ones who are labeled.

We need some serious tort reform. Those who file nonsense lawsuits should be required to not only pay for the people whom they targeted legal bills, but x3 times the amount as further punishment.
edit on 3-7-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Methinks they have their words mixed up.

They are thinking of the word "intimate".

As in "Tarshaniqua bees inmate wit Tyronius, nome sayin!"

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Nothing that a 2x4 upside her head couldn't cure.

Now that's a lawsuit!

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Further proof society needs thinned out...starting with them right there.
I just bet his momma was on t.v. talking about her baby be innocent he is a good boy when he was convicted. Oops, did I say convicted? That would make him a convict? Sue that stupid woman for filing a frivilous lawsuit and lock her up for a while to. That would make her illiterate self an inmate too.....only with women, I wonder how she would notice the irony in it not having anything to do with men? Yup, let's throw more money at education folks......cause the windfall they've been getting obviously isn't enough.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
Further proof society needs thinned out...starting with them right there.
I just bet his momma was on t.v. talking about her baby be innocent he is a good boy when he was convicted. Oops, did I say convicted? That would make him a convict? Sue that stupid woman for filing a frivilous lawsuit and lock her up for a while to.

I disagree. We are the ones that pay something like 60k per year per prisoner.

But I am not a heartless conservative. Reparations are in order for these poor downtrodden people. A one way ticket to Monrovia Liberia will suffice. That is where Lincoln, their hero, wanted to send them anyway. And I hear that Monrovia is a super place to live. A veritable tropical paradise! Nothing to do but eat, sleep, and live off the fat of the land.

www.youtube.com... They'll feel right at home.

posted on Jul, 3 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I laughed my butt off at the repatriation to Liberia idea. Thats a classic - and one the Gov. should think long and hard about.

It could also apply to any one asking for monies because of slavery done in years past - 'bye bye, you are free now, here is Liberia just like it should be'.

new topics

top topics

join