It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Am The Highway (Audioslave)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Alright im not a huge fan of Chris Cornell... Admittedly some of the Soundgarden tunes make me want to puke, like "black hole sun" ugggh.. the longest most irritating song in history.

Don't even get me started on spoon man, i hear that song and i want to jam a spoon in my ear, man!

Now Audioslave have some great toons... this one in particular...

I love this song...

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I loathed that song when it received heavy radio play ( can't avoid it at work)

As it is with everything, this is all a matter of perspective. I for one think both those Soundgarden tunes you listed are good, even though I'm not a big fan and you are spot on with black hole sun being waay too long .

That said, I doubt you like much 90's alt rock at all. I bet you like country too (not that thats bad, just a guess)
I am a Highway is more like slow rock .

Funniest part is 'Highway" is as droning and long-winded as 'Black Hole Sun', at best. IMO it is leagues more so.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Good song but my favorite was the one they used in world in conflict shadow on the sun.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by StripedBandit
I loathed that song when it received heavy radio play ( can't avoid it at work)

As it is with everything, this is all a matter of perspective. I for one think both those Soundgarden tunes you listed are good, even though I'm not a big fan and you are spot on with black hole sun being waay too long .

That said, I doubt you like much 90's alt rock at all. I bet you like country too (not that thats bad, just a guess)
I am a Highway is more like slow rock .

Funniest part is 'Highway" is as droning and long-winded as 'Black Hole Sun', at best. IMO it is leagues more so.

Woh the assumptions comming from this guy...lol

First off, country sux... If the one song you're talking about is "spoonman" you have horrible taste in music. But of course this is just my opinion.

Normally long "droning" songs are annoying but this one seems to strike a cord with me, but as with everything if you hear it 50 times a day you'll start to hate it.

Now on a seperate note..."fell on black days" is a good song... probably the only soundgarden song that is decent.

And Btw, if you play guitar (which i do) learn to play this song, and play it for a girl you like.... watch her melt... Theres a method to my madness my friend, i like this song for a few reasons. Not just because its good, but it can get you laid if you can play it, and sing of course LMAO!!

You have much to learn young grasshopper

edit on 2-7-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
i LOVE soundgarden. you either love grunge or you hate it.

soundgarden has some cool stuff

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by vjr1113

Right on bro, to each his own...

I like grudge, just not soundgarden.

top topics

join