It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Believer's Declaration of Dependence

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I came across this interesting blog post as I had my morning coffee. I'll post the first few paragraphs. The rest can be found HERE. I was impressed by a truth, which is a fitting reminder of this fact:

As out-of-control as this world may seem when you read the news, God is in complete and utter control. As Jesus states repeatedly in the NT, "Fear not." Fear is the only tool of the enemy. Confidence and faith in God is the armor of the believer. In Humility and reverence, declare your dependence on God today.

Matt 10:28 "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell."

As a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ and based on the facts of God’s Word, I DECLARE myself to be FREE INDEED (John 8:36).

My liberty is seen in three realms: First, concerning the god of this age, to whom I once belonged, I have been DELIVERED from the power of darkness and have been translated into the kingdom of God’s beloved Son (Col. 1:13), turned from the power of Satan unto God (Acts 26:18).

Secondly, concerning my relationship to this world system, my Saviour gave Himself for me that He might deliver and rescue me from this present evil world (age), according to the will of God my Father (Gal. 1:4).

Thirdly, concerning the terrible slavery of sin, the Scriptures declare that though I once was the slave of sin, I am now the slave of God (Rom. 6:17-22) and the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death (Rom. 8:2).

The source of my liberty is found in the cross of my Lord Jesus Christ in which I truly boast (Gal. 6:14). The cross is my Statue of Liberty, as it were. It was there that my soul was set free. In Christ’s death I died, and in Christ’s life I now live (Rom. 6:4).

LINK

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperiorEd

I like it!! I really like it! Great site, and I will continue to check up on this blog. Thank you for posting this, it was a blessing
One of the few blessings I have revived from this anti-god faith forum....

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I have been following this blog for a few months. I found the link form this prophecy news site. LINK

Link to my blog as well if you are interested.

Originally posted by KJV1611

I like it!! I really like it! Great site, and I will continue to check up on this blog. Thank you for posting this, it was a blessing
One of the few blessings I have revived from this anti-god faith forum....

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   

As out-of-control as this world may seem when you read the news, God is in complete and utter control. As Jesus states repeatedly in the NT, "Fear not." Fear is the only tool of the enemy. Confidence and faith in God is the armor of the believer. In Humility and reverence, declare your dependence on God today.

Jesus says that we should fear God since he has the power to kill us and then torture us forever in hell. 12:5

Jesus says that God is like a slave-owner who beats his slaves "with many stripes." 12:46-47

"Except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish." 13:3, 5

Jesus believed the story of Noah's ark. He thought it really happened and had no problem with the idea of God drowning everything and everybody. 17:26-27

In the parable of the talents, Jesus says that God takes what is not rightly his, and reaps what he didn't sow. The parable ends with the words: "bring them [those who preferred not to be ruled by him] hither, and slay them before me." 19:22-27

The "wrath of God" is on all unbelievers. 3:36

Peter and God scare Ananias and his wife to death for not forking over all of the money that they made when selling their land. 5:1-10

Watch out non-believers, that includes you Muslims, Bhuddists, Hindus!

Not fear? You have to be joking. I think you should read your founding doctrine again.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
The liberal democrat's declarance of relative independence:

If anyone wants to join an ideology of slavery (Rom. 6:17-22) freely, that's ofcourse a personal option, just as liberal society doesn't interfere with people's interests in playing chess, looking at football or exotic varieties of intimacy between consenting adults.

And as liberal society fortunately also supports free speech, the mini-sermon in OP is similarly an individual right; just as my following warning is (not that everything from both positions hasn't been said over and over again):

I would strongly disrecommend anyone from taking the content of OP as absolute 'truth'. It's a myth, by some individuals taken as their ultimate subjective opinion.

I still have the hope, that missionaries (from all ideologies) one day will make a distinction between their personal beliefs and such knowledge, which can be considered suitable for common, general communication on 'truth' (objective knowledge). And furthermore I hope, that a clearer line between pushing and offering 'knowledge' will emerge.

It's worth remembering, that once a 'declaration of dependence' has been made and effectuated (individually or in society), there's a great risk of passing a point of no return. Opposition will not be accepted or allowed.

So those who need existential guidance from myths, .....feel free. But please do remember, that such is YOUR choice, not that of liberal, secular, egalitarian society as a whole, where various minorities similarly leaning on alternative subjective beliefs also want to exist.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by bogomil

If anyone wants to join an ideology of slavery (Rom. 6:17-22) freely, that's ofcourse a personal option,

Well said,

It's a "personal choice" but if you chose to reject; you risk damning your immortal soul. I'd probably go as far to say this is false. False preaching. Just as punishment in the form of disaese and geological events was false preaching.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
The message of the NT is to overcome the world in love. Love God and love your fellow man, even your enemies. Luke 10. We overcome the world and the judgment of God through Christ. If you love God and love your fellow man, you are in Christ through the judgment of the earth.

2 Peter 2

4 For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell,[a] putting them in chains of darkness to be held for judgment; 5 if he did not spare the ancient world when he brought the flood on its ungodly people, but protected Noah, a preacher of righteousness, and seven others; 6 if he condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by burning them to ashes, and made them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly; 7 and if he rescued Lot, a righteous man, who was distressed by the depraved conduct of the lawless 8 (for that righteous man, living among them day after day, was tormented in his righteous soul by the lawless deeds he saw and heard)— 9 if this is so, then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials and to hold the unrighteous for punishment on the day of judgment. 10 This is especially true of those who follow the corrupt desire of the flesh[c] and despise authority.

2 Thessalonians 2:

10And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Originally posted by ExistentialNightmare

Jesus says that we should fear God since he has the power to kill us and then torture us forever in hell. 12:5

Jesus says that God is like a slave-owner who beats his slaves "with many stripes." 12:46-47

"Except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish." 13:3, 5

Jesus believed the story of Noah's ark. He thought it really happened and had no problem with the idea of God drowning everything and everybody. 17:26-27

In the parable of the talents, Jesus says that God takes what is not rightly his, and reaps what he didn't sow. The parable ends with the words: "bring them [those who preferred not to be ruled by him] hither, and slay them before me." 19:22-27

The "wrath of God" is on all unbelievers. 3:36

Peter and God scare Ananias and his wife to death for not forking over all of the money that they made when selling their land. 5:1-10

Watch out non-believers, that includes you Muslims, Bhuddists, Hindus!

Not fear? You have to be joking. I think you should read your founding doctrine again.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

It's easy enough to quote mine;-

But the altruistic or loving passages do not make up for the evil and wicked passages; and the contradictions are endless; whether it's scientific, historical or ethical and moral.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

As it's still uncertain, if you preach or claim objective knowledge, it's correspondingly difficult to respond to your recent post. Though the use of premises being part of your pre-determined answer gives a strong indication of your using this forum as a pulpit for 'sharing' or 'giving testimony' (as christian missionaries like to call it).

As already has been pointed out by ExistentialNightmare, the options of absense (instead of presense) of love in your religious manual, are apparant. But I wouldn't mind giving you the benefit of doubt, if it wasn't for two things:

'Faith'-christians are in my opinion not so much 'do-good' christians also (disregarding the claim that being enforced into christinity is for people's 'own good'). My experience from ATS has shown me, that the 'goodness' and 'love' soon evaporate away from christian missionaries, when they are opposed, and the lack of 'love' becomes very manifest.

My second argument is, that there are several ideological systems, which have both a more extensive 'love'-ideal AND - manifestation than christianity.

It's not 'christianity or nihilistic hedonism'. Such is just an empty slogan.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

reply to post by bogomil

If anyone wants to join an ideology of slavery (Rom. 6:17-22) freely, that's ofcourse a personal option,

Well said,

It's a "personal choice" but if you chose to reject; you risk damning your immortal soul. I'd probably go as far to say this is false. False preaching. Just as punishment in the form of disaese and geological events was false preaching.

These days such scare-tactics will rather reflect negatively back on missionaries than attract many converts. I don't worry so much about these supernatural threats one way or another.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
But did you know that Satan is risen and reborn in the flesh of a Black Christian woman? Or that she filed a complaint pro se before the US Supreme Court in Declaration of Independence asking the Court to Grant Females as One People exercise of Her Separate and Equal Right to Dissolve and Throw Off a White Christian Body of Republican Men for Corruption of Blood and selling their souls to a Dont Tread On Me Serpent Spirit and flagpole. These men turned their backs on the Wills of our forefathers such as Abraham, Lincoln, Melchisadac and Red Cloud and failed to ESTABLISH the LAW. Take it from me; the GOP Egg and Tea Party just like Humpty Dumpty is due for a Fall, also forefold but ignored.

Tell me; What kind of GOD do you know; that would accept "No law respecting an establishment of Relgion" or Commandments you Wrote and they then swore to Uphold, So Help Me God? Although these men cannot be Tested on their religion, I'd sure like to know the name of the GOD that they Trust; Is it Allah, the Almighty Buck, Jesus Christ, Uncle Sam or God Damn? I really think due to our 1st AMENdment; GOD will Not Bless America more than SHe has thus far. In fact; I think GOD is pretty pissed off at those sons of guns and witches who Act like they Know Not what they do or have done in the name of the Lord.

So Satan contends, In Declaration of Her Independence; since Female or Native American Indian Women as the Head of their Households by their religion; Never received a Vote, Choice, or Decent Respect of being asked their opinion or religiious convictions. That although God made man 1st and all men are created equal; since GOD made women 2nd they were created better and greater. As her mark as the Beast that was, and was not and yet is typing this message; she quoted Isa. 66:6-9.

Now if anybody knows of a Lawyer willing to Represent Satan, in the flesh of a woman I sure could use one but only offer a Get Out of Hell Free Card until I collect at least 1/3 credit for every cent that has In God We Trust depicted on it. I can also prove the Bible is true and why its still misunderstood; and expect every US President or Judge who swore their Oaths on a Bible to Affirm, Enforce, and Uphold the Religion Laws and Proomises made to US. Or admit; their Impotence, Breach of Promise and Mass Religion Fraud

Peace out

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by 1MrsJesusChrist

But did you know that Satan is risen and reborn in the flesh of a Black Christian woman?

Surely this is a joke?

I'm literally speechless

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
No, I am Dead Serious. According to the book; Jesus Christ was/is a real Man, and He is/was known as the Son of GOD and Bridegroom to Come, but GOD also begat a Daughter using the Mother of Harlots after Jesus died on the cross. GOD used the precious water and blood that fell from His side to the ground below to make him a wife of his own, just like SHe did with Adam or the bone of his bone and flesh of his flesh inside of him.

Since no one has ever come forth before; Claiming to be Satan in the Flesh and a Black Native American Indian Woman they will have to figure out if I am his espoused Wife, Widow, or Sister as the Daughter of GOD and they have no reason Not to believe my sworn Testimony. Rev. 22:16 I Jesus have sent mine Angel to testify these thing unto You.....and the Spirit and the Bride Say Come.

Now I really would Love to Teach the Bible which Proves GOD is A Black Female Spirit and Jesus Christ and Satan (or me) are Twin Brother and Sisters in GOD Heavenly Body Womb and Mind. Unfortunately most people dont believe what I'm saying is True. So I also asked in my Petition for Writ of Certioria "When in the couse of Human event will the Court find it necessary to dissolve and throw off that body of governement men; who cant stop thinking about sex or usiing their middles heads long enough to do the jobs We the People need. As Satan, in the flesh of a Christian woman; I Need Religion Laws; and GOD of the KJV Bible allowed those with all power to Make Laws and Wars, but Chose NO Law respecting an establishment of Religion. Bad Choice!

reply to post by ExistentialNightmare

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1MrsJesusChrist
But did you know that Satan is risen and reborn in the flesh of a Black Christian woman?

That made me giggle like a little schoolgirl!

And you're serious. Or, so you claim.

As for the "declaration of independence, I wrote my own, forever kicking the jew 'god' , the phony son, and the holey spook to the curb. It was most liberating! Hail Satan!

edit on 2-7-2011 by LHP666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Now I really would Love to Teach the Bible which Proves GOD is A Black Female Spirit and Jesus Christ and Satan (or me) are Twin Brother and Sisters in GOD Heavenly Body Womb and Mind. Unfortunately most people dont believe what I'm saying is True.

....That is unfortunate; i can't think of any reason why most people would disbelieve such claims. I hope you get the truth out.
edit on 2-7-2011 by ExistentialNightmare because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Depending on your perspective, this may seem to be the case for you. The law that God uses to establish the material reality is set to answer any choice we make with an equal and opposite reaction. It is a self-correcting system. All actions have reactions according to set laws that do not waiver. The laws of the universe and the laws for man are two different sets of laws. The law of man was put in place to demonstrate that man was incapable of walking in the garden (earth) by his own pride.

Free will is the ability to make choices. We are all affected by choice, chance (really providence of God) and the actions of others. All three of these are the choice of someone. God made the choice to make a universe that is set to answer all other free will with a correcting result. Follow the law and it benefits you. Work against the law and it harms you. We see this as judgment from God. In reality, the judgment of God was put in place as law before we arrived.

In the Garden (earth), we made the choice to walk a path of pride when we used knowledge for our own gain apart from God. God's will was for us to learn from Him on His timetable. As a result, God said that we would toil as we worked the earth. We were cast out of the paradise that was originally designed for us. That was our choice form Adam, carried on through each man that has ever walked the earth. We lost paradise and will gain it back. In the meantime, we are here reaping what we have sown. This is a collective reaping.

Christ came to redeem us back by paying the price for our error. He lived and died a perfect life to demonstrate the example of love I mentioned before. Remember that Jesus was God in the flesh. This means God paid your penalty, even though He could have wiped us out and started over as He did in the flood. Criticize Him for His method, but you will never rise above the sacrifice that He made for you and me. This is love. The same God you criticize did this for you when He could have wiped you off His garden. He owes us nothing. We owe him our very breath.

Love, my friends, is giving up a life for someone who does not merit this gift. Grace is unmerited favor to you from the one and only God who does not need you for anything. He does, however, love you enough to create an entire universe for you to live in. He loves you enough to provide a womb (earth) for your development. He does love you enough to be a father. He loves you enough to call you his own. All He asks is that you claim this love and allow Him to transform your spirit by walking together in the garden.

It's easy enough to quote mine;-

But the altruistic or loving passages do not make up for the evil and wicked passages; and the contradictions are endless; whether it's scientific, historical or ethical and moral.

edit on 2-7-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
As you declare your independence from God, you make the choice. God is not making that choice for you.

2 Peter 3

3 Above all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires. 4 They will say, “Where is this ‘coming’ he promised? Ever since our ancestors died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation.” 5 But they deliberately forget that long ago by God’s word the heavens came into being and the earth was formed out of water and by water. 6 By these waters also the world of that time was deluged and destroyed. 7 By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly.

8 But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. 9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

Originally posted by LHP666

Originally posted by 1MrsJesusChrist

That made me giggle like a little schoolgirl!

And you're serious. Or, so you claim.

As for the "declaration of independence, I wrote my own, forever kicking the jew 'god' , the phony son, and the holey spook to the curb. It was most liberating! Hail Satan!

edit on 2-7-2011 by LHP666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

You speak of God and man as if you've been here since the start.

You speak of God as if you know it as "truth"; but the fact of the matter is; You are just as naive as me; as anyone else.

You're happy enough talking about man (homo sapien) but what about all the other animals? What if they develop conscioussness like we once did; do they suddenly get a backstory too? Do they get their own God? (And yes, i understand you only believe in one God)

What i'm saying is; humans are always at the edge of the known, we can't reveal the unknown; so i'm not quite sure why you are confident in doing so.

It's one claim to say a deity exists; it's another to say you understand the history of the deity; and mankind; and that you understand the deities wishes and desires. Both are extraordinary claims, and not even ordinary evidence is provided to support either.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
[Thank you, I hope so too, because We can never have a new heaven, earth, son of God or rebirth of freedom without 1st the Use, Pain and Travail of a Woman. Either way, since the Court allowed use of the Bible as an instrument of Law, and then removed it from public schools and views the US Government is Ab Soul Lootly Responsible for alllowing Congress put In God We Trust on all legal Tender; or use it as our National Motto. I want those in the GOP to uphold all of the promises sworn on a bible or Get Out of My House of Representatives

quote]Originally posted by ExistentialNightmare

Now I really would Love to Teach the Bible which Proves GOD is A Black Female Spirit and Jesus Christ and Satan (or me) are Twin Brother and Sisters in GOD Heavenly Body Womb and Mind. Unfortunately most people dont believe what I'm saying is True.

....That is unfortunate; i can't think of any reason why most people would disbelieve such claims. I hope you get the truth out.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Any gardener worth is salt will tell you that growing starts with trust. If you have no faith that fruit comes from what you sow, you will never bother doing the work. Reaping requires sowing.

Compare this to life. We spend our entire lives questioning. This spirit within us is there so we can learn to develop the ability to live in a just universe (kingdom of God). In a sense, we are planted here in the garden by God to bear fruit. We are not able to give birth out of this womb (earth) until we gain union with the Holy Spirit. How does this process work?

In John 3, we read these words:

5 Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit. 6Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. 7You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You must be born again.’ 8 The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”

Animals have a soul and a body. The soul connects us to our vehicle (bio-mechanical suit) that we use to sense the world around us. God gave mankind something more than the soulish nature (animal instinct) that he gave the rest of the animal kingdom. Man has a spirit. The original spirit of man was Holy. We exchanged this spirit for a counterfeit when we fell from our place of glory in God's kingdom. The spirit I refer to is intellect, or NOUS.

Our spirit was meant to receive the proper growing conditions, with the Holy Spirit as our gardener. God made us in his image. This means that we were modeled after his creative nature. In the garden (earth), we made the choice to gain knowledge apart from this spirit. This represents the fall of man. We make this choice as we walk through the path we create for ourselves. We can choose to walk with God or apart. How we walk determines the toil our journey demands.

The miracle of one is that two come together to from one (Emerald Tablet of Hermes). In our case, three (body, soul and spirit) will ultimately come together to form one new creation. We are the roots of the tree of life above. This may seem odd to you if you have never examined the Hebrew tradition of the tree of life. All life that is created by God is in a three stage process: Birth, development and death. Death, however, is not the final outcome for the man with spirit.

Consider these examples:

The sun and the moon come together to form life on earth. The sperm and the egg do the same. Male and female do the same. Right and left hand do the same. Eyes, ears, nose, feet, legs...the same. All of nature develops in a grand evolution of development.

Ask yourself these questions:

You have no control or free will other than this one thing: You can choose to walk with or against God. That's it. Belief and faith is trust in all the things you do not understand or have an explanation for. God is what animates your essence. Trust Him. That's all He asks. When the sperm and egg come together, where does this union develop? In a womb. When your soul and the spirit you choose come together, where do they develop? Earth. Earth is a womb and your body is a placenta. I know this sounds funny, but since when have you ever witnessed anything other than the birth and development cycle in this world?

When an acorn becomes an oak, does it die and never return? No, the essence of the acorn is the information inside. Information is stored. Can we save a program and put it in another computer? When the acorn gains union with the soil (like the soul), it unfolds into an Oak. The oak is not the essence of the acorn, it is the result. It's all information, stored and enfolded. An acorn is merely an oak tree enfolded into a small space with purpose. The acorn is merely the vehicle for this process to happen.

It starts with trust.

Can you trust God? Do you make your hair grow? Do you activate the cones and rods in your eyes? Do you make the planets go round? Do you do anything to continue your existence? Do you provide the food that grows from the enfolded information in the seed? Do you have free will to choose something that God does not throw right back at you as a reaction from the laws of the universe?

How do we walk in a garden? We trust that the plants will grow in the proper soil and with the proper care. God does the rest. It's your job to keep the weeds out and plant the seeds.

You speak of God and man as if you've been here since the start.

You speak of God as if you know it as "truth"; but the fact of the matter is; You are just as naive as me; as anyone else.

You're happy enough talking about man (homo sapien) but what about all the other animals? What if they develop conscioussness like we once did; do they suddenly get a backstory too? Do they get their own God? (And yes, i understand you only believe in one God)

What i'm saying is; humans are always at the edge of the known, we can't reveal the unknown; so i'm not quite sure why you are confident in doing so.

It's one claim to say a deity exists; it's another to say you understand the history of the deity; and mankind; and that you understand the deities wishes and desires. Both are extraordinary claims, and not even ordinary evidence is provided to support either.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join