It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wal-Mart takes on Medicaid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
washintonpost.comWalmart, my favorite entity to hate, has now stooped to its lowest propaganda ever. I rarely use this emoticon:

Yes this article warrants three barfs. More but it might make the mods unhappy.

cnnmoney.com

Wal-Mart (WMT, Fortune 500) is partnering with the Arkansas Children's Hospital to provide legal support for Medicaid patients and their families, free of charge.

Wal-Mart's general counsel Jeff Gearhart said the company's in-house team of 142 lawyers will help patients with an array of issues associated with Medicaid, a jointly-funded Federal and state health insurance program that covers about 44 million low-income people, including children and special needs patients.

142 lawyers? For crying out loud! and yet there are job shortages for lawyers, maybe they just go work for walmart.

But this is pure propoganda on walmarts part, since they come under fire for not paying employees enough and actually so little that they have to seek state assistance in order to live.

In other words, walmart does this deliberately to force states to pay for medical care so they don't have too.

Some states, including mine, have actually tried to take on walmart and force them to recompensate the states for the amount spent on medicaid and foodstamps.

A federal judge struck down a Maryland law yesterday that would have effectively forced the nation's largest employer, Wal-Mart Stores, to spend more money on health care for its employees here.

U.S. District Judge J. Frederick Motz ruled that the "Wal-Mart Law," which won overwhelming support in the General Assembly this year, ran afoul of a 32-year-old federal statute intended to protect corporations from having to navigate a patchwork of benefits requirements from state to state.

But we all know that Wal Mart OWNS the federal court system.

Now its seems Legal Team Walmart now owns Arkansas.

Hey Walmart, why don't you just pay your employees and give them health benefits??

edit on 1-7-2011 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

new topics

join