It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion: the treasure within.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by xxsomexpersonxx

Do you think people were killed because they stood for peace and love, I think it was rather because they were a threat to those peacefull.

I'm sorry but there is a side one must take. One is with or against peace and love, no gray area.

There have been things I said I just shouldn't have said, I'm sorry.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by etherical waterwave
reply to post by xxsomexpersonxx

Do you think people were killed because they stood for peace and love, I think it was rather because they were a threat to those peacefull.

I'm sorry but there is a side one must take. One is with or against peace and love, no gray area.

There have been things I said I just shouldn't have said, I'm sorry.

Of course peace and love are a must. No one said it wasn't. Does religion promote peace and love? Sometimes. Are there other ways to promote them instead? yes.

Non-religion doesn't equal violence and hate. Violence and hate is either done without excuse, or with people using religion to excuse it.

If someones trying to get a message out that people need to get over themselves and start caring for one another, that's a message I'll agree with. Promoting Peace, Love, Tolerance, ect, is a good thing. When people manipulate those things to promote any religion, you're not really doing a good thing anymore. Promote the good things, don't twist the good things into promoting religion.

Not to mention, even if you convinced me believing something would double the quality of life, I still wouldn't be able to believe it when evidence and reasoning tell me it's wrong. That's why, instead of pretending religion is the only way for things to be good, it's much more respectable to promote why it's factual and actually true.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

I wanted to cleanse the title religion since in its nature it is something good. I promote religion formed through experience in life. Gained by circumstances where what one got to know by introspection got confirmed.

Within is everything one needs to know to become a participant in life.

Life is about religion. Where does one gets answers from sometimes? There is something greater that leads us.

We are all at ease with it being with us. It listens to us. It takes care of our problems.

It is true that he all does that.

In ones subconsciousness there can be true nightmares from the past one rises above. Not everybody is friendly. Creepy situations this world can manifest upon us. Scared of being killed. Tense situations. Frustration?
Grudges. Jealousy.

We are able to heal. The world needs guidance.

What if I am able to go into subconsciousnesses and work things out for people. I am a great friend. Honesty lasts they say, that is because there is no beginning or end to it.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by etherical waterwave

Sorry man but im gonna have to disagree...

Religion is the bane of human existence. It causes people to judge others, and it leads people astray. It causes people to make sensational claims about a book they know nothing about, because someone told them it was correct.

The blind leading the blind... that is the essence of religion.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by NewlyAwakened

Very well put. 100% in agreement.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I've been pondering this thread.

I've come up with this....

Humans are animals, nothing seperates us from the animal kingdom apart from our own arrogance. Genetically we are simply animals.
Animals have no need for religion, and as we too are animals, we have no need for religion either.
To believe otherwise is delusional and damaging.

This my opinion.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Peace.

Times can occur one suddenly changes thoughts because of some experience that happened in their lives briandamage. I see it as seeds in the ground. A little water can make them grow. The seed is transformed as it dies and grows to be a whole different specimen.

I like you being honest in your reply.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Peace.

Times can occur one suddenly changes thoughts because of some experience that happened in their lives briandamage. I see it as seeds in the ground. A little water can make them grow. The seed is transformed as it dies and grows to be a whole different specimen.

I like you being honest in your reply.

And a little genetically modified growth hormone can also have a similar effect, but you get to contol the growth and make impotent the parts that are undesirable, and also make the specimen dependant on your intervention.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I guess it isn't the same for everybody.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Quote:

["Religion is the essence of life."]

For some. For others it's collecting stamps.

Quote: ["When we go the road within we should stumble upon the recognition of a higher power."]

Even in case there aren't any 'higher powers'? Careful about premature premises.

Quote: ["We are born with the opportunities of becoming a religious man."]

And also with the opportunities of NOT becoming religious.

Quote: ["Without having read a word of the bible our lives have a tendency to lean towards faith."]

Speak for yourself.

Quote: ["It is natural, religion is natural."]

Curiousity is natural, and if 'faith' stamps down on real answers, it can later fill the knowledge-gaps with its own postulates.

Quote: ["The purpose of our intuition is to lead us to righteousness."]

Not forgetting self-righteousness.

Quote: ["To become a good man/woman worthy in the eye of that which is higher than ourselves."]

With 'higher than ourselves' I take it you mean the Buddha-nature; or did you have something else in mind?

Quote: [" The tendency of life is to become religious."]

Repeating the same claim doesn't make it true.

Quote: ["Therefore I say the purpose and essence of life is religion"]

And thrice.

Quote: ["Growing up we get to deal with evil."]

Sure. The worst of all evils being that of missionaries from invasive ideologies.

Quote: [" When you follow the feelings that guide you you won't step of of the road of righteousness. Our intuition is something that keeps us on the way."]

So if religion and intuition are so closely associated and lead to 'rigtheousness', why are there so many religions?

Quote: ["Religion is natural, the essence and purpose of our lives."]

Four times.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewlyAwakened

Although I suspect you and I differ greatly on matters of dogma, you are right on the money about what one might find when they start taking the journey within.

Don't let the haters get to you, especially if they bring nothing of substance to the table, nothing that calls to be digested and integrated by your critical faculties.

This thread reminds me of a quote:

I have treated many hundreds of patients. Among those in the second half of life - that is to say, over 35 - there has not been one whose problem in the last resort was not that of finding a religious outlook on life.
-Jung

Originally posted by Mr Headshot
Are you wearing flame retardant clothing? You should. Just warning you.

edit on 1-7-2011 by NewlyAwakened because: (no reason given)

Many start on inwards journeys and end up wildly different places.

And don't take Jung as a supporter of the 'religion' presented on this thread; he wasn't.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Wouldn't you expect from a religious man to have faith?

Do you find mystics to be religous?

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Wouldn't you expect from a religious man to have faith?

Do you find mystics to be religous?

Faith is the cornerstone of religion. If any objectivity would be required or used, not many would be religionists.

Most religions are build around the misunderstood experiences of mystics. And then not everyone claiming to be a mystic IS a mystic (but that is ofcourse a question of defining 'mysticism'. Personally I prefer the 'transcendent' model).

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by bogomil
Many start on inwards journeys and end up wildly different places.

I would say everybody does. I've never met two people who have done this and are at exactly the same place. But a great many end up with a religious attitude of one form or another. This you seem to underestimate; perhaps your experience with such people has been different from mine.

I think you largely misunderstood the point of my post (and so not surprisingly overestimated my level of agreement with the specifics of the OP).

edit on 2-7-2011 by NewlyAwakened because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by NewlyAwakened

I have a rather personally confirmed metaphysical position myself, which I for the duration consider subjective, as it's nor based on objective evidence.

On this, for all practical purposes tentative background, I have a model of 'mysticism' (as said I prefer the transcendental version), where it's possible to start on an inner journey, where 'signs and wonders' eventually will manifest on the way.

Never getting beyond the 'signs and wonders' level, many of those on the stopping there believe, that they have experienced a high degree of 'reality' (for theists that would be some 'divine' phenomenon), whereas 'signs and wonders' actually is a midway position, where there's a lot of possibilities for imagination.

This situation is specifically warned about by traditional transcendentalism, where it's well-known.

But I must emphasize, that I in no way will claim the transcendental model as 'absolute'. For me it's a working hypothesis. And as with all hypotheses it needs validation, before it's promoted to theory.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Most religions are build around the misunderstood experiences of mystics.

Wouldn't it be right then not to claim them religion?

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Christianity in most cases is based around misunderstanding the main message in the bible as well...

Would you say thats not religion either?

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

There's no need or justification for claiming anything or calling it anything. The transcendental path is so highly individualized, that first at the (alleged) endstation will uniform characteristics appear.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
yes, there should be opportunities for us to become fused with other people as to say realising an understanding with eachother.

Let's us say, becoming friends in a unsuperficial way.

Great things are happening.

I dream of my magnetic self polarising others. Balancing others. I see myself becoming a standard of how we should be polarised with a capability to adjust others where needed.

posted on Jul, 2 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

yes, there should be opportunities for us to become fused with other people as to say realising an understanding with eachother.

Let's us say, becoming friends in a unsuperficial way.

Great things are happening.

I dream of my magnetic self polarising others. Balancing others. I see myself becoming a standard of how we should be polarised with a capability to adjust others where needed.

This is an assumption and i appoligise if im wrong, but from what i've seen in your OP i don't believe you have the capasity to "adjust" others to what they need. At least from a scriptural point of view.

Just by the statement "religion is the essence of humanity" or whatever it was... You show your true colours...

I'll take a look at some of your other posts when i have more time...

edit on 2-7-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join