It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion: the treasure within.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Religion is the essence of life.

When we go the road within we should stumble upon the recognition of a higher power. We are born with the opportunities of becoming a religious man. Without having read a word of the bible our lives have a tendency to lean towards faith.

It is natural, religion is natural. It is the purpose of life. The purpose of our intuition is to lead us to righteousness. To become a good man/woman worthy in the eye of that which is higher than ourselves. You know when you feel bad after doing something wrong.

The tendency of life is to become religious.

Opportunities keep rising in our daily lives to take the good way. It is something that always returns. Therefore I say the purpose and essence of life is religion.

Growing up we get to deal with evil. When you follow the feelings that guide you you won't step of of the road of righteousness. Our intuition is something that keeps us on the way.

We can't throw it out of our lives without it wanting to return in our lives.

Religion is natural, the essence and purpose of our lives.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Are you wearing flame retardant clothing? You should. Just warning you.

I'm not sure if "religion" per-se is what it's all about. I get what you're saying but I'm not sure you've thought this out to it's fullest.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
All religions?
Just the one religion?
You have proof of your claims?
Are you claiming all this as fact or opinion?

Thanks

edit on 1-7-2011 by BrianDamage because: typo

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrianDamage
All religions?
Just the one religion?

Thanks

I mean religion doesn't come in many forms? That which is natural within humanity is religion. Relgion is the way of life. All spiritual dogmas lean towards the same principles, some more perfect than others.

What is found within is religion. That is where religion stems from, from within. Dogma is mirrored within. Still ones own findings about what we are need to resurface.

I find your third question rather ignorant.

I claim this to be a fact none the less.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Others are just proof one can be different than that which lies within.

Find the way.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by etherical waterwave

Everyone else found this entire thread ignorant. Go troll on a bible website.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by etherical waterwave

Originally posted by BrianDamage
All religions?
Just the one religion?

Thanks

I mean religion doesn't come in many forms? That which is natural within humanity is religion. Relgion is the way of life. All spiritual dogmas lean towards the same principles, some more perfect than others.

What is found within is religion. That is where religion stems from, from within. Dogma is mirrored within. Still ones own findings about what we are need to resurface.

I find your third question rather ignorant.

I claim this to be a fact none the less.

And the evidence for these facts is.....?

You see, if I was to take onboard everything you have said so far without a shred of evidence, which is basically what you expect from us as you have not, as yet, supplied us with where you have gained this knowledge and insight, then I would be truely ignorant, and down right gullible.
To call someone that only asks a question that you didn't want to answer "ignorant" is beyond arrogant.

You Sir, are a Blaggard and a Nincompoop.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
It is true God reaches out for the children on earth. We have got time to learn.

God has always been around building up trust in himself in the people. God is present.
edit on 2011/7/1 by etherical waterwave because: grammar

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Religion is the essence of life.

And another one bites the dust.

I had a gut feeling this would happen, insane amounts of religious topics made by completely delusional people. My projection? It's going to get worse and when "things" reach a crossroad a bunch of these people will off themselves.

But sure, don't believe me.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Although I suspect you and I differ greatly on matters of dogma, you are right on the money about what one might find when they start taking the journey within.

Don't let the haters get to you, especially if they bring nothing of substance to the table, nothing that calls to be digested and integrated by your critical faculties.

This thread reminds me of a quote:

I have treated many hundreds of patients. Among those in the second half of life - that is to say, over 35 - there has not been one whose problem in the last resort was not that of finding a religious outlook on life.
-Jung

Originally posted by Mr Headshot
Are you wearing flame retardant clothing? You should. Just warning you.

edit on 1-7-2011 by NewlyAwakened because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by NewlyAwakened

I have treated many hundreds of patients. Among those in the second half of life - that is to say, over 35 - there has not been one whose problem in the last resort was not that of finding a religious outlook on life.
-Jung

Why do you think that is the case?

Depression.

And that's the most harsh truth religious folk will have to face. They are running from their depressions to a system of hope. Which can help with running away but it will never really solve an issue now will it?

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
what else would the essence of life be?

It's the only thing that can be found in our nature. But I understand, then again, I don't. God is a personal issue.

What's on the horizon?

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini
Why do you think that is the case?

Depression.

And that's the most harsh truth religious folk will have to face. They are running from their depressions to a system of hope. Which can help with running away but it will never really solve an issue now will it?

They're only running from themselves if they adopt this attitude without having a reason to. If they use religion as an antidepressant, then you are correct. But then the joke is on them, because they run from depression and into cognitive dissonance, which they must then repress. Many people find this a satisfactory way to live the rest of life, but it's certainly not ideal.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by NewlyAwakened

They're only running from themselves if they adopt this attitude without having a reason to.

They are running because they have a reason to. Depression is not something to be joked about. And certainly not something to be abused. Not ALL congregations abuse this but in the end it definitely influences political leanings. Think about the implications.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini
They are running because they have a reason to. Depression is not something to be joked about. And certainly not something to be abused. Not ALL congregations abuse this but in the end it definitely influences political leanings. Think about the implications.

My bad: I should have been more specific about what I meant by "reason".

Of course there's a reason in the sense of depression being a reason to take Zoloft. But I meant "reason" in the sense of a confirming experience. A piece of experiential data to be placed alongside one's learned knowledge and critical faculties, to be reconciled through the use of reason.

One does not get this by running from depression, whether into a chemical or into a creed. Running toward it, embracing it fully, "sucking the marrow" out of depression (by this I do not mean succumbing to it and moping around: this is in fact another way of running from and avoiding addressing the emotional forces at the source of it), on the other hand, is the sort of attitude that provides the potential for a seeker to find this.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Religion is the essence of life

WHAT???? Religion is the cause of all that is EVIL in this small world of ours, it is a control mechanism gone mad, wake up people!!

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

It is true God reaches out for the children on earth. We have got time to learn.

God has always been around building up trust in himself in the people. God is present.
edit on 2011/7/1 by etherical waterwave because: grammar

Let him do his own recruitment then, I'm sure he doesn't need you anoying people, you're probably doing his cause more harm than good.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

what else would the essence of life be?

It's the only thing that can be found in our nature. But I understand, then again, I don't. God is a personal issue.

What's on the horizon?

answers.yahoo.com...

The essence of life is to live and let others live;to smile and to make others smile; to fulfill ones duty and to cherish the dreams to be realized in this life.

Actually, read them all, not just the "Best Answer" I quoted. I don't really understand the term 'essence of life' but I feel it's comparable to 'meaning of life'. Many people say life is meaningless if there's no god, or if you just die in the end anyways. Who are these people though, Christians! The christians define their meaning of life around a god, and then think everyone else needs to share their definition. Non-religious types, get just as much meaning of life on their own, without a god, because they don't tell themselves it's meaningless otherwise.

I could say that the essence/meaning in my life comes from a certain person who's really special to me. Do I assume your life is meaningless because you've never met here? Of course not.

I don't see at all how religion is the only thing that's found in nature. The best I can think of is The Superstitious Pigeon. Nature has survival, playful animals, animals bonding with mates, others of the same species, and animals of different species. Nature is more filled with creatures that know to be content than creatures that need to make special meaning of their lives.

On the Horizon, is whatever you go for. People can aspire to make things the best for themselves, those around them, and maybe everybody else depending on how selfless they are. People can make the best of their lives.

Image watching a very well done movie, but instead of enjoying it, you spend the whole time pouting that it's gonna end eventually. Also spending time making up excuses that it won't end, instead of just watching it. There doesn't need to be a horizon past this life. Though I don't dismiss the possibility, I'm fairly confident all the bronze age story systems don't have it right. I'm gonna watch and enjoy the movie we're living in now, the one I know we're gonna get, and if there's something else afterwards, I'll worry about that then.

To boil it down, you simply don't define others standards. You can't make an argument out of feelings that others don't feel. I've said this on ATS enough times, but if you can't provide any real evidence for your beliefs, you won't convince anyone when you put them out there.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
The point is, anyone can be religious. Everybody can have the will to serve God. The will to serve God comes from personal experience. When people act out of blind faith they must know somehow they serve the higher purpose. In essence, religion is good. What to do about menslaughterers? If they don't get killed they keep on killing? What do they serve? We put a killer in prison, don't we?

To sin is to steel, to kill and all which is not favoured by God. OVer the line. It takes guts to cross it. Before claiming one delusional one must be aware of that he himself thought he was delusional about.

God can follow you wherever you go, always he's near therefor not to help you.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Who do "Menslaughters" serve? Often(not always), their own god. This is currently a problem with some(definitely not all) following Islam. Just as christianity was also the cause of suffering for many before they started rewriting their rules too.

Horrible example. Not to mention the entire premise of religion being the only guide for morality is a joke. "Religion is good, because it can do what actually having a heart could do better", doesn't make much sense to me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join