It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Cyber Attack on Arizona Police

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

New Cyber Attack on Arizona Police

online.wsj.com

A computer-hacking group posted Wednesday the personal details of Arizona police officers plundered from private email and social-networking accounts, stepping up a two-month campaign of cyber-break-ins that has targeted government agencies and corporations around the world.

AntiSec, an online movement that includes elements of the Anonymous vigilante group and the Lulz Security hacking collective, posted emails, photos and other personal information it claimed was from at least a dozen office
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.bsnorrell.blogspot.com
www.pcworld.com
www.myfoxphoenix.com
www.cnbc.com

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
This is the second time in a week that Arizona State Police have been targeted. It is believed to be Anon. It was done in light of the immigration laws and was named "Chinga La Migra".
I understand getting information for the Public good but this puts peoples lives at stake. American Lives. It is IMO a major problem. I hope these people are caught and incarcerated for these actions.

online.wsj.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
sounds like a good thing to me minus the offensive strike by LEO's

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by IPILYA

Really, whats the purpose here? What does this accomplish? Other than being annoying and irritating the police, and whom ever else they hack it does nothing. I just dont see the point in it

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by IPILYA

It actually probablly is saving lives.. If these kids young adults can get access.. You don't think whoever wants that info in the cartels couldn't get that?

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Hmmm.. Going after Arizona State Police for Immigration and what not. Wheir are there attacks on the Feds for not enforcing Federal laws?

These kids need to be spanked and sent to bed and their computer taken away from them.

bunch of cowards.
edit on 1-7-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by JayFlores

My father has spent his entire life in law enforcement and has made a good amount of enemies over the last 46 years, if his home information were to become public it would put my family at risk.

Each one of those officers has family like I do and they are Americans regardless of how law enforcement is seen in their duties. That is the point.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I love it when they use words like " attack" .... or terrorist".

These are words to influence your opinion on the subject, as any goverment institution is considered "good", .. hence anything opposing must automaticaly be considered " bad ".

they becoming talking points for people to repeat to eachother and form a general consesus on.

What it really is, ... is just an annoyance. I dont think any hell bent criminals only obstacle in extracting revenge on an officer is lack of info. Their not waiting at home sitting at their computers going " blast if only anon could hack them " ......

the whole thing is just ludicrous... and in the end. Silly.

posted on Jul, 1 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

What you are missing is the release of that info. It doesnt matter what intent they have, if the info is released you are looking as some potentially serious issues, especially in Arizona.

Whats to say drug cartels or smugeeling cartels out of Mexico dont get ahold of this info. Oh look, here is where he lives, and look, he has a 8 year odl daughters who goes to school here, a wife who works here, and relatives down on their luck who live here.

To assume the people hacking the info and releaseing it are not putting anyone in jeopardy is very naieve. How do we know they arent being paid by a larger group to get this info to throw peope off the track?

Its one thing to say its not a problem and to just shrug it off. Its something else entirely when you do this line of work and have one more thing to worry about.

top topics

join