It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how much do you think disinfo agents get paid?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Hourly. Salary.

I think they would have to paid these people pretty good to sit and "reeducate" us for hours.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I wouldnt know as i am not a paid dis-info agent.

Id imagine it would be more than minimum wage though.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I don't know but I would like to appeal to their bosses...

They should be fired for the consistently weak efforts they put forth in my threads.

(or pay deducted)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Disinformation agents don't get paid, they are volunteers and/or people who actually believe their own disinfo and spread it.

The only disinfo agents that get paid are the main stream media.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

only if the story sells if not well then the trash bin gets fed, the writer /reporter starves.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

Since when were disinfo agents factually proven to be posting here? I must've missed the meeting..

I mean come on now, I thought we were smarter than this. Do you think you're that important people are actually being paid to discredit the information you have to share with everyone else here? Really?

IMO, It's an utterly ridiculous idea and I'm sure "TPTB" have by far better things to do..

Oh, and before someone brings it up, no, I'm not one simply because I disagree they post here at all. Again, I find it ridiculous that someone could be being paid to discredit myself or anyone else.
edit on 30-6-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Salaried. GS scale. Depends on time in grade. . . yaddayaddayadda.
Second line.
Drink your water

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Anytime someone posts a truth, and others refuse to beelive it, they rationalize their thought by labeling others as disinfo agents.

Dont feel bad, we had club jackets made.

Gimme your size and we will send you one.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I tend to agree with the notion that "disinfo agents" believe the lie that they are spreading and are happy to correct people in their error.

I believe anyone who prepetuates, say, certain stories and beliefs in MSM, that many others would as well, would become an unintentional agent of disinformation. They believe it, it's not "disinfo" to them and they are happy to do it without pay.

No one with any real understanding or higher knowledge would spend their time at ATS knowingly lieing to people to keep them from the truth.
edit on 30-6-2011 by Artanis667 because: some addition

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman

Hourly. Salary.

I think they would have to paid these people pretty good to sit and "reeducate" us for hours.

How much does Social Security pay?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin

Hourly. Salary.

How much does Social Security pay?

I don't know.

I can't get disability because nothing is wrong with me. I tried though.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Based on most of the disinformation I see on ATS, I would guess that they get paid minimum wage.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I don't believe in disinfo agents, let alone paid ones. I mean let's be honest we hardly take people on forums seriously anyway, it's not as if disinfo agents (assuming they exist) would even be needed since there's enough crazies and trolls on the internet already.

Knowing my luck someone will accuse me of being a disinfo agent for not believing in disinfo agents.....
edit on 30-6-2011 by lifeissacred because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
We might be misinterpreting what usefulness TPTB might see in this community.

Honestly, I don't think it's a very good tactic to send agents here to muddy the waters.

I'm guessing profiling is the strategy. Finding ways to use the information we post here, against us. Make sure they can grab certain stories and put the appropriate spin on them before they are released into the mainstream.

I think I remember ATS was a useful source for the mainstream during Fukushima, right? Well perhaps we just made their job of censorship for the masses, even easier.

As ATS is a treasure trove of alternative sources of information for us, it is for them as well.

You never know, someday, maybe everything you did with your "online persona" will be thrown in your face and used to take away your freedoms.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Probably average salary... I think they are promised a seat at the table when it's all said and done, and that is why they do it.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
it depends on how many blogs they own or site/forums. Also a clear indication is to see twitter and who is buzzing what with how much influence, although on that level its hard to monitor and pinpoint as multiple accounts and names are used. To give you an indication a friend has worked for well over 6 months in setting up multiple accounts within all known social networks. By multiple accounts and given our last conversation along with some beer's he mentioned well over 5k active accounts. Obviously proxy's are used and various automated feeds to go out on particular time and time zones. Myself i have seen him work last year before all this stuff broke out across europe and africa and to me it was frightening the level of influence he can achieve within a single month of strategic news feeds and links and post's. So in short, yes he is a professional and no he has not registered within ats, well to the best of my knowledge that is. But hey , we all need to work and make a living somehow right ?

P.S.
Aliens and U.F.O.'s are real and yes everything possible has been and will be done to keep that topic well away from the public at all costs.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Paid? You think anyone would possibly put up with the creeps and crazies here for mere money?

Nah. We do it for love.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against

Since when were disinfo agents factually proven to be posting here? I must've missed the meeting..

since you miss that :

Amounts (Award)
Dollars Obligated $2,760,000

Contract Description Online Persona Management Service

www.usaspending.gov...

i mean come on now you seriously thought they spent that public money so you can add new friends that don't exist on your facebook profile ?

(they pay so much so we cannot track who is or not a sock puppet, they're not that stupid)

so the question stands : how much are the agents paid to run persona management software (20 puppets per agent) ?
edit on 30-6-2011 by theHairInTheSoup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

DISPATCH: 842q-6 GLOBAL OFFICE OF CYBER PSYCHOMETRIC WARFARE, GENEVA
GOING RATES JUL 01 2011 Q2

HOURLY: 4.457 MegaLulz
FIGURES GENERATED EVERY FIVE MINUTES GMT

NOTES: Work done "for the Lulz" can be applied to MegaLulz accounts. Users may, upon generating lulz, use "IDIOTS" ("Inverse Diametric Inelastic Option-Traded Securities) to leverage lulz up to 100 times, following which such lulz can be further leveraged in blocks of 10,000 to yield one (1) MegaLulz. Ask us about our purloined Bitcoin plan!

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
paid disinfo agent's?
theres more than enough genuinely retarded threads on any conspiracy site to nullify anything with a grain of truth that gets posted.

this thread is a pretty good example.
edit on 30-6-2011 by neonitus because: iiiiii

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join