It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being Positive...Being Grateful

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I decided to post this in this forum as I believe this subject has a lot to do with mental well-being, which is part of the description laid out for this forum. I am not going to offer any links, proof, political talking points or agendas of any kind. All I offer is my thoughts, my positive energy (for whatever it's worth) and a well-deserved thank you to all of you.

It seems like it is within our nature to be pessimistic towards our interactions with others on ATS, and even in real life. We bicker and blame the other guy, right or wrong, and have no problem disrespecting another person to validate our stance. It's one viscous circle that is constantly repeated. Well, I get sick of it. Even though I disagree with many on certain issues, I have come to the point in my life where I feel it's more important to remain civil and respectful in order to maintain a debate that's factual and productive. But I fail....all the time.

So in order to address that issue, I want to say thanks to all of you. Thanks to those who agree with me and thanks to those who disagree. We must maintain a good mix of views and I hope we can maintain somewhat at equilibrium within ATS. Thanks to the Mods and Admin for what they do and thanks for not booting me off when I violate T&C.

Sometimes I think its best that we step back from who we are, and what we believe, and take inventory of what we have. It's not much is it? We only have a small group of people that share in our lives that are worth any value, as our material possessions are worthless in the end. So I am grateful and give thanks to those around me, including all of you.

I believe it's best that all of you say thanks as well. To be grateful and positive for what we have and for whom we interact with everyday. We all have our differences, but I think we will find out very soon that even if we disagree politically or ideologically, we are all in this together no matter what.

The future holds many mysteries and dangers that we all feel are going to be coming to fruition within the near future. We will need each other as in no other time in history. So I am trying to be positive, be grateful and clearing my consciousness for the journey ahead. I have done some horrible things in my life, and I am taking this opportunity to counter those actions by being positive, being grateful for what I have and forgiving those who have done me wrong, I'm sorry to those I wronged.

So I ask you to do the same. Be positive, be grateful and prepare yourself for the tribulations we shall endure in the future. A clear consciousness is worth it's weight in gold.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Nicely said, Sheepslayer -- S&F. I am also a big believer in being grateful. Every morning, I look around and give thanks for 15-20 random things, people, circumstances, etc. around me. The things can be as simple as hot water from the faucet or a glowing red sunrise, or as complex as an intricate work-related problem resolution. Never once have I had to struggle to come up with the list. Since cultivating this habit, my life has become much happier and I feel as though I'm in tune with it on a different level.

BTW, I must compliment your avatar. It's the head-bobbing officer in the background that really makes the picture.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
So I ask you to do the same. Be positive, be grateful and prepare yourself for the tribulations we shall endure in the future. A clear consciousness is worth it's weight in gold.

Shall continue to do, and thanks for sharing the LOVE.

NAMASTE

LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by graceunderpressure

Thanks!

What did it for me today was I went outside at work and the sky was bright blue with no clouds in site. It's been a long time since I remember seeing that clear of a day. With all the rain we have had it was a welcome site!

Wish I could say that I was "in tune" as you are. Things can be tough at times, but that's why I'm trying to stay positive. I shared with all of you because I see a lot of people who could use some positiveness, yet they are too wrapped up in things to even think about it, and I thought a few of you may hear me. So thanks for listening!

As far as the avatar, I think it's pretty cool. The officer in back really makes it funny. I wish I could take credit for it but I just found it on a free avatar site and swooped it up.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Thank you for the post. I am grateful you felt the need to share with us.

One of the things that brings me down is seeing people who have things they aren't even aware they should be grateful for. Sometimes our situation proceeds us and we get use to expecting it and don't understand the true value or benefit they have on our lives.

Glad to take a moment and be grateful for those who are ungrateful, to help me realize not to take anything for granted.
Thank you all.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Bdizzl3

Ya, I think it's best to step back and count your blessings as often as you can.

Otherwise you get complacent and fail to see how lucky we can be.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Thank you sheepslayer for the good vibes. Your op is right on point! I fall short a lot, but then I become aware of it and try not to do it again in the future. It's important to not ruffle feathers, but it sure is hard to remember that in the heat of the moment. A clear conscious is worth MORE than it's weight in gold! Thank you again.

Thank you everyone that I have learned from. Thank you to everyone that has put up with me. Thank you to all of my 'opponents' that have made me look deeper within, and thank you to everyone that I just can't seem to make peace with.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I am thankful for a positive post on a day when I feel the universe is conspiring against me. The world is beautiful but it is so easy to get caught up in things and miss it. I have searched for god/answers since I was a small child. Not because I doubted but because of a deep feeling of longing or separation. I am not searching for a creator to solicit favors or try and save my self from damnation. It would however be nice to have someone to thank for the amazing world around me. That would be enough for me. Don't let it collapse in on you, you got to push it out when you feel it closing in on you. It goes both ways. Stay positive my friend!

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

A clear conscious is worth MORE than it's weight in gold! Thank you again.

Yes it is. I only learned that just recently and I wish I would have figured it out sooner. Thanks for playing along!

reply to post by Ladysophiaofsandoz

I have searched for the answers as well and have never found them. I am at peace with those around me and I struggle to be at peace with myself everyday. That is the long-awaited answer to me. To be at peace with me.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

Wish I could say that I was "in tune" as you are. Things can be tough at times, but that's why I'm trying to stay positive.

'Hope that I don't give the impression that I have it all together all the time. I'm just another person "on the road."

An interesting point that you made about developing a grateful nature is that it's something you have to decide to do. Have you ever noticed how many thoughts (negative, positive, neutral) float through your head before you even have time to brush your teeth or finish your coffee in the morning? What I initially struggled with a lot (it's getting easier to control with practice) was the principle of passivity, i.e., that if you don't choose your grateful and otherwise positive thoughts, then all kinds of thoughts creep in to your head without your doing anything -- many of them very negative.

A good experiement with this is when you're driving down the road and suddenly realize that your mind has been off somewhere for 20 minutes. It's interesting to examine exactly where your thoughts were for those 20 minutes.

And, have you ever had an extremely negative thought pop into your head, and thought, "Now where did that come from?" The important thing is not to discern the source. That could be the subject of great debate here on ATS. It's to reject the thought and replace it with a good one of your own.

Again, I'm no expert, but you seem to be on the right path. Happy travels!

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

It's to reject the thought and replace it with a good one of your own

Sometimes that seems to be the hardest part. Most people I know simply follow that bad thought and let it dictate everything that follows.

I try to stop and realize that it is just in my head, and it's not as bad as we make it seem.

But yes, it's amazing what people think of at the most random moments and we may never know where it comes from. Maybe auto-negativity is part of the "programming" we are put through. I am still trying to break that programming.

Again, thanks Grace!

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
It is always better to appreciate what you do have than to rue what you do not have. A humble mind is less susceptible to presumptions that will curtail an open and loving heart.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by GetSomeBringItOn
It is always better to appreciate what you do have than to rue what you do not have. A humble mind is less susceptible to presumptions that will curtail an open and loving heart.

Well said!

Thank You.

new topics

top topics

join