It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 10 UFO incidents in the UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Top 10 UFO incidents in the UK

1. In December 1980 a UFO landed in Rendlesham Forest in Suffolk and was witnessed by United States Air Force personnel at two nearby military bases. The craft had strange symbols on the side that looked a bit like Egyptian hieroglyphs. The following night the UFO returned and was seen by the Deputy Base Commander. Radiation levels at the landing site were unusually high.

2. Former Army officer Alfred Burtoo was fishing by the Basingstoke Canal in August 1983 when he encountered a landed UFO and little green men. The 73 year old said he was taken onboard the ship, but heard a voice say "You can go. You are too old and infirm for our purpose". He told his wife he'd seen a UFO but didn't mention being taken onboard, because he thought she'd tell him "No more fishing for you, old man".

3. In a sighting that took place over RAF Shawbury in March 1993, the Meteorological Officer witnessed a huge, triangular-shaped craft fly slowly over the base, firing a beam of light at the ground, while emitting a low frequency humming sound. From a slow speed, the UFO then accelerated away to the horizon many times faster than a military jet. The man had eight years experience serving in the RAF.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Nick Pope lists the top 10 UFO incidents to occur in the UK. For those who are not aware of Mr Pope, he was the man hired by the Ministry of Defense to investigate hundreds of UFO sightings in order to determine if they posed a threat to Britain. He is now a foremost authority on the subject.

Pretty good list, the Rendlesham forest incident has always been one of my personal favorites. A large number of the sightings seem in Britain have occurred in and around the area where Stonehenge lies, it is also interesting to note that a large number of very impressive crop circles have consistently appeared in this area also.

The fact that a great number of these sightings were reported by military personnel and police officers, trained observers, is important and it lends far more credibility to the accounts. While there has been many good cases to come out of Britain, these seem to be some of the more bizarre ones.

www.telegraph.co.uk...
edit on 29-6-2011 by sir_slide because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
This one is cool because it doesn't bear any resemblance to a military test craft:

The craft had strange symbols on the side that looked a bit like Egyptian hieroglyphs. The following night the UFO returned and was seen by the Deputy Base Commander. Radiation levels at the landing site were unusually high.

Nice. I wonder if the passengers heard the pilot, or saw anything?

1991, a UFO passed rapidly in front of the Al Italia jet, which had 57 passengers on board. The pilot shouted "look out, look out" as the UFO flashed past. Neither the MoD nor the Civil Aviation Authority ever found an explanation.

Several of these sound like they could be someone just off his meds, or starting to experience dementia, but a few of them are really great, or were recorded by authorities. I love this one the most:

When they investigated, the UFO had gone, but all the cows were standing silently in the middle of the field, facing each other in a perfect circle.

edit on 29-6-2011 by Schkeptick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Schkeptick

Yeah it's quite an image isn't it? Cow circle....

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I cannot see how any list could not include the Bob Taylor incident, given it is the only case to have led to a criminal investigation and a full forensic report.

Bob Taylor attacked by a UFO
edit on 29-6-2011 by FireMoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide
1. In December 1980 a UFO landed in Rendlesham Forest in Suffolk and was witnessed by United States Air Force personnel at two nearby military bases. The craft had strange symbols on the side that looked a bit like Egyptian hieroglyphs. The following night the UFO returned and was seen by the Deputy Base Commander. Radiation levels at the landing site were unusually high.

This is one of the most real UFO Cases that have heavy facts and whoever has tried to debunk it had no understanding of lots of things around UFOs. The thing is, this is I think from the cases that even skeptics couldn't debunk but hey someone here will always say something and think of a way why it is again a joke, then will decide that it's fake because he debunked it. On serious note, this is indeed one of the most real cases, it was also on UFO hunters, you can hear the witnesses there, it really has no explanation and BS like balloons, flares doesn't go here. Also where did you copy the info frm? You mean UK military? Because afair it wasn't US Air Force, what would they be doing there.

The other cases don't have the heaviness of the one above but some of them could be also from the most credible ones, by small paragraphs i cant remember what they are about.
edit on 29-6-2011 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor

Originally posted by sir_slide

This is one of the most real UFO Cases that have heavy facts and whoever has tried to debunk it had no understanding of lots of things around UFOs. The thing is, this is I think from the cases that even skeptics couldn't debunk but hey someone here will always say something and think of a way why it is again a joke, then will decide that it's fake because he debunked it. On serious note, this is indeed one of the most real cases, it was also on UFO hunters, you can hear the witnesses there, it really has no explanation and BS like balloons, flares doesn't go here. Also where did you copy the info frm? You mean UK military? Because afair it wasn't US Air Force, what would they be doing there.

The other cases don't have the heaviness of the one above but some of them could be also from the most credible ones, by small paragraphs i cant remember what they are about.
edit on 29-6-2011 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

I totally agree, I have seen a few documentaries on this case alone, it is an amazing one. What gets me about Shawbury and also Rendlesham forest is that these are Military people, US military stationed at nuclear bases in the UK, and this wasn't just vague lights, this was a landed craft in the Rendlesham case. The reports seem 'out of this world' although there seems to be a lot of truth there in my opinion, I don't know what could make thirty trained military observers simultaneously hallucinate.....but.....

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon
I cannot see how any list could not include the Bob Taylor incident, given it is the only case to have led to a criminal investigation and a full forensic report.

Bob Taylor attacked by a UFO

Absolutely, I actually didn't recognize the name when I read but I do know the story you refer to, it really was incredible. When he returned home he apparently looked like he'd been seriously assaulted, very disoriented and very traumatized. He also woke to his ever so placid canine companion going completely ape $hit, very spooked it was apparently. Thanks for the response!

top topics

join