It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hyundai Teaches UAW Best Factory Job Doesn’t Need a Union

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I did a search and did not find this, it is a couple of days old though.

www.bloomberg.com...

From the Union Rep:

“If a company makes the bad business decision to engage in anti-union activity, suppress the rights of freedom of speech and assembly, we will launch a global campaign to brand that company a human-rights violator,” King said in a Jan. 12 speech in Detroit. “We do not want to fight, but we will not run from a fight.”

Really? Human Rights violaters? That's to funny.

In the meantime, employees won't give the Union the time of day.

What? Do the Union Reps not understand the meaning of NO and don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

It’s just more Union political thuggery. And of course, even though these are foreign owned plants, if they are Unionized, the workers will be required to have "Buy American" bumper stickers on their Hyundais, Volkswagons and KIAs.

Aww, they poor wittle feewings are being hurt. Why don't people like us anymore?

edit on 28-6-2011 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Jun 28 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: ex tags added

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
You can lead a horse to water.....

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Unions are the scum of the earth.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

WHY U.S. Hyundai workers aren't interested in unions

The plant, in the town of Montgomery, had 10 applicants for every job.The average annual household income in Montgomery is about $9,000 less than the U.S. average, and workers at the Hyundai plant are considered lucky.

The reluctance of the U.S. workers says at least as much about the U.S. economy and the fear of the working and middle class for their ability to provide for their families as it does about worker feelings toward unions.
Taking this information together with the chart above showing falling union membership is related to falling wages and then you start to see the bigger picture.

I will not even try to minimize the fact that while there are certainly problems that should be addressed with unions I am a huge supporter of the union concept.

Additionally, South Korean automakers get tariff rebates from their government which gives them a trade advantage and allows them to compete by different rules.
Rebates
edit on 29-6-2011 by watcher3339 because: 2nd link

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by watcher3339

You have hit the nail on the head. These people have probably looked at what happened to the Big 3 plants and don't want to follow in their footsteps.

If people want to Unionize, that's cool in my book. But it shouldn't be forced upon them.

The ways many Unions act today, just shows that they have become what they once fought against. I don't know how Richard Trumka can live with himself. But he's living the good life off the workers back, so he probably doesn't even care.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Unions are like governments.

The bigger the union the bigger the corruption.

There are many smaller unions that do excellent work for their members and their members employers.

new topics

top topics

join