It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Germans could vote in the US elections...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 06:24 AM
link   
It truely amazes me when Americans don't get it when they deal with things their way and the world goes " Er, what." There are over 200 nations on the face of the planet and only 2 that are coming up to a reality check. You know who you are. Sorry.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I have gone beyond my own borders. Many times. And those experiences made me care even less.

Kegs, standard of living is relative, i believe Ive covered that misconception in another thread. What other people consider a high standard of living is not viewd as such elsewhere. Values differ. m

I believe if thier were more people in the world like me who would stop caring about what the idiot next to them thinks, and tend to thier own matters, the world would actually rock. Wars would be fought more clearly with less ubterfuge. Enemies anf friends become clearer.

remeber, kegs, Britain is now experiencing the same domination it once freely meted out to its colonies and shperes of influnce. please look at your behavior in 19th century China before you go tossing rocks in our general direction.

What absolutely makes me hysterical with laughter is the haughty indignation the Europeans get because of Americas actions. They dont care what we do because of moral reasons, they are all pissed off cuz were pissing in the imperialist pot that was once exlusively reserved for the Euro elite empires, who had little problems subjugating, harrassing, and dominating other countries with abandon.

Thier pissed cuz they aint on top of the food chain anymore. Boo hoo.

The thing I care about is that the US seems to be following thier foolhardy path. a path we should have seen clearly as we witnessed the monumental failures of thier empires through thier hobby of constant warfare over stupid reasons. Were next if we dont quit.

But European hypocrisy in the matter has really driven the nail in the coffin for me, the hypocrisy is hysterical.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager
God knows the Germans have a GREAT reputation for picking GREAT leaders so lets vote KERRY!

SIEG HEIL!!

I do not hope you are serious!!

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Partisian politics, don't stress it. Can't wait for this election to be over.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager
God knows the Germans have a GREAT reputation for picking GREAT leaders so lets vote KERRY!

SIEG HEIL!!

That will be a Yankee rallying call in approx 2 years!

Watch it pal!

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Skadi, it�d be hypocrisy if we were born 200 years ago. Britain�s empire was gone forty years before I was even born. We got over it a long time ago. The only people that care anymore have handlebar moustaches and talk about the bosche. I doubt most of Europe cares either, two world wars put paid to that. Some in government might, the people don�t. Look at how Germans regard their history.

I don�t buy into this �they did so why can�t we� argument either. I�m not saying that�s what you�re saying but it�s what you get from a lot of Americans these days, especially with their own internal politics. (Bush did this, so what so did Clinton etc) The progress of time is meant to just that, progress. Not going through the same motions over and over because someone else once got away with it. You�re right about the US following the same old path. If the US wanted the lessons of empire, taking a look at Britain in Iraq circa 1917 might not have been a bad start.

The standard of living issue is for another thread. They are relative, and there are lots of ways of measuring it but they all pretty much say the same thing. It really comes down to wither you judge a country by the standards of the people, or the standard of the bankers.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by kegs

Skadi, it�d be hypocrisy if we were born 200 years ago. Britain�s empire was gone forty years before I was even born. We got over it a long time ago. The only people that care anymore have handlebar moustaches and talk about the bosche.

The empire was paing soldiers 5 shillings (old UK money) per Kenyan they shot.

THIS IS IN 1950!!! Supposedly AFTER we had dealt "that kind of mentality" in WW2.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 07:41 AM
link   

By Corinthas
The empire was paing soldiers 5 shillings (old UK money) per Kenyan they shot.

THIS IS IN 1950!!! Supposedly AFTER we had dealt "that kind of mentality" in WW2.

Yes, and I can assure you that every true Briton prays in his heart for the day when our right to shot Kenyans for a fair days pay will finally be restored!!!

Gimme a break.

Do you seriously think that the thinking of today�s population bears any relation to that of the empire at its height? Look at all the sociological changes that have happened since the empires no-turning-back date of 1945. I mean the people of the sixties even, when most of the remaining colinies were granted independence, now there was a people hankering for empire! That hair just screamed it!

Anyway, what was this thread about??

[edit on 11-8-2004 by kegs]

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 07:51 AM
link   
interesting thead

i am an american living in germany. i have lived here a good 11 years, and love it. i have yet to hear a german say he/she is proud to be german. i am sure they exist, but generally the population is ashamed of their history. well, sadly these people inherited the history. all the wwII war criminals are long gone. when you think about it, we're all individuals coming from different walks of life.
i despise what america has become, but i am still proud to call myself american. however, europe is just mad that they wont be getting all the oil. i am not siding with bush and co. but i do think europe needs to shut up or actually do something about it. america is wrong now, but who hasnt been? on the other hand, america IS walking down the same path as 1930 Germany. The germans never thought it would end up like that, they were slowly brainwashed into Nazi germany; just as is happening in america.
skadi said true: if everybody just minded their own business (as individuals) the world would be a better place

2 much sense
-lost

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by lost
interesting thead

i have yet to hear a german say he/she is proud to be german. i am sure they exist, but generally the population is ashamed of their history.

That's not really true, alot of Germans still think that Hitler was a good leader and still denie something has happened with the jews. I think they recently did some reseach to that. I will try to find it on the net, you will find ho much % it is.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man

I say let them get invaded by muslims, and see who they come crying to....

We Germans will never be overrun by Muslims. We are a powerful country and most of the Muslims that live on our territory are Turks. Turkey is a sworn enemy of Iraq and let the US use its airspace to invade Iraq.

I repeat: we will never be overrun by Muslims.

If a terrorist attack will occur, we will crack down those responsible and bring them to justice.

[edit on 14-7-2005 by AtheiX]

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I admire that feeling.
The simple matter of fact here is that the Muslims won't have to "overrun" the Germans or anyone else in Europe.

Why?
Well, the birth rates tell the story. Give it another 25-50 years at the going rate, the Muslims will simply become a near majority. The European birth rates have been on a decline, and the European Muslim birthrates have been dramatically increasing.

No "overrun" required.

seekerof

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I'm confused...Americans should vote based on who Europe would like in power? America is a sovereign nation, and we're set up to choose our own leaders. America has an agenda, true, and that agenda is America. Here's a news flash, though. Germany has an agenda, too, and it's Germany. Spain's agenda is...You guessed it, Spain. You don't have a successful nation if you are not looking out for its welfare in all you do. John Kerry, like Clinton, wanted to give up much of America's sovereignty to the UN. Generally, Europe stands together, so by giving up America's sovereignty, or aspects therein, to the UN we would be putting Europe in control of America.

Europe usually stands together in their decisions. Not always, but most of the time. Because it's such a small geographical area with so many tiny countries, they often have the same problems and address them in similar ways. Because there are so many small countries in there, and only one America, it would be one vote to umteen on issues concerning America.

So let the Germans say they'd rather have Kerry in power. They believe Kerry would be the best choice for them. Just recognize why; a country's primary focus is on its own welfare. When the welfare of other states influences that country's welfare, then that country becomes concerned with the other's welfare. Not before.

posted on Jul, 14 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I guess this shows that german media is a bit biased against Bush. Of course its hard not to.
Anyway, good pick germany

posted on Jul, 15 2005 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I am german, I would also vote democrats, to be honest, everybody foreign is pro-left wing for another nation, as left-winger government equals weakness of the nation in foreign affairs, and weakness in economic competition, and weakness in useful immigration policy, so this is better for your nation, as relatively it gets stronger...

[edit on 15-7-2005 by Wodan]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join