It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After Taking A $10 Billion Bailout, Goldman Sachs Announces It Will Outsource 1,000 Jobs To Singapor

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Less than three years after receiving $10 billion in bailout money from American taxpayers, Goldman Sachs informed its employees recently that it will fire 1,000 workers in the United States and elsewhere, shifting their jobs to the cheaper Singaporean labor market.

According to Fox Business, Goldman Sachs has quietly informed workers and lawmakers of its plan to outsource 1,000 jobs in an attempt to inoculate itself from the impending blowback: Goldman is so concerned about the potential for criticism that the firm’s representatives have been alerting staffers of lawmakers in Washington of the hiring spree in recent weeks as a way to mollify any concerns they may have about previously undisclosed plans to add 1,000 jobs to the firm’s Singapore office, according to people in Washington with direct knowledge if the matter. Goldman is concerned about criticism because it is adding those jobs while it is planning what could be a significant retrenchment in its U.S. workforce, these people say.

thinkprogress.org...

Yeah, I'm sure they are outsourcing jobs to bring them back here...SURE.
edit on 28-6-2011 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-6-2011 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
So in effect, the US taxpayers paid money to hire people in another Country to take the jobs that Americans could do themselves. The very same jobs that paid the taxes that were given away in the first place.

They know how wrong this is in the way they are trying to fly under the radar. This isn't going to go over very well with the public but unfortunately, any outcry will quiet down within a few Months and then, business as usual.

So will this be road blocked? I doubt it.

"Go on, take the money and run!"
~Steve Miller~

One more note...these Singaporean people will pay income tax to which Country? I'll give you one guess.

edit on 28-6-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
And the tally rises and rises. Just a little bit more salt in the many wounds they've littered the world with.

Goldman Sachs and all of their ilk really REALLY need to go.

Now.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Its the corrupt non caring Goldman Sachs.
Did you really think they were doing things to have Americans best interests?
I am not surprized by their move and not surprized they are doing that.....are you??

Here in Canada they outsourced alot to India while we have people here that are willing to work and are capable.
Do you know how frustrating it is to call India because of a phone problem to get someone who barely speaks English and you can't understand them??

Big corps and bankers have taken over the role of government in my eyes.
Government is just playing their role in scene 2 act 1.

We need jobs here (although we are not as bad off as you guys)...screw globalization,big banksters and corporations.
Let other countries worry about their own problems because we have enough here to deal with.

Ok rant over.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Amen!!
I am glad to see i am not the only one who feels that way.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Take the money back with 100% interest compounded over the three years. Then, we need an "outsourcing tax" equal to 500% of what the job would pay if an American were doing it.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

I agree with that. They do outsource a lot of jobs here. Hell, i suspect my own is going to be outsourced, sooner or later. I surely hope not.

I hate calling and getting someone who barely speaks english, anything -big-. like credit cards, or banks. I always get the fractured english. No insult intended, i just like to be able to understand whats going on.

I actually had an event one time where i only understood 2 words out of every 3 minutes of talking the man had. I just said yes to everything and ended up getting crap i didn't need on my creditcard.

We needs jobs back home, the US needs jobs back home. Where they should be. Revolution needs to come, things need to start happening.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

What's the big deal? They're firing bankers, doesn't ATS hate bankers?

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
Take the money back with 100% interest compounded over the three years. Then, we need an "outsourcing tax" equal to 500% of what the job would pay if an American were doing it.

They could take the money back but the problem is that Goldman Sachs already repaid the 10 billion tarp money it received.

Most of the other financial instititutions also repaid most of the money back I believe also. Afraid you guys are crying up the wrong tree here.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

I think ATS hates big bankers, not the person working behind the counter or on the phone =P

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Supposedly we gave them this money to "save American jobs". Since that is not happening, put them out of business. I am very tired of the elites screwing us over.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

reply to post by kro32

Supposedly we gave them this money to "save American jobs". Since that is not happening, put them out of business. I am very tired of the elites screwing us over.

No we gave them the money to keep them from going bankrupt and going out of business.

Jobs really had nothing to do with it.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
WTF is it going to take for the elites to start hiring Americans???

What else can we do? They have more money than they could ever possibly need.

Record profits, bailouts....HIRE SOME PEOPLE DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
WTF is it going to take for the elites to start hiring Americans???

What else can we do? They have more money than they could ever possibly need.

Record profits, bailouts....HIRE SOME PEOPLE DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who exactly are these elites you speak of so I may research and find the proper links for you

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Who exactly are these elites you speak of so I may research and find the proper links for you

Actually it's corporations I'm referring to, probably should have used that term instead, but in the end it's not that much different anyway. Don't need links but thanks for the offer.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Do you even know anything about goldman sachs??
It sounds like you don't....go research them yourself.
But since you asked..... www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

Get back to me after you watch that.

Sorry if i sound a bit hasty...these dudes are scumbags.

edit on 28-6-2011 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Sorry I don't do peoples research for them. If you have a point to make then you should state what it is. I don't have sound anyways so watching those would be useless. And yes I know enough about Goldman Sachs to defend what i've posted about them so again what is your point?

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
aaaahhhh GS,
Soros' personal bankers, lol

ya know most people at least get kissed
BEFORE they are spread over the counter.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

You defend them and I will take note that you aren't great at reading comprehension.
My point is already made...read it again.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

reply to post by kro32

I know, bro. It's depressing.

We should start our own bank or auto manufacturing company.

Oh, wait we can't.......... nvm.

edit on 28-6-2011 by Rockdisjoint because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join