It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do We Need an 8 Day Week? What Would You Call Your 8th Day?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimble

MINE.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimble

Sounds like you need an extra wife, not an extra day.

Enjoy the ratrace.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
We need to move on to the four 10hr workdays to get our 40 hrs in and then 3 days off.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I keep petitioning for a 30 hour day. Then we can have two extra hours for sleeping (then I might actually get eight hours sleep!), two extra hours for errands/housework, and two extra hours of leisure time every day. Seems like a brilliant idea to me! But whoever is in charge of planetary rotation isn't listening.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by tinker9917

Amen my friend I have been saying this for a long time as well.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by tinker9917

I have to agree with you too!

I loved working 4 tens. It was incredible. Then the stupid company switched everyone to 5 eights The way I see it, if you have to wake up, drive somewhere, and spend almost the whole day there anyway, what's an extra 2 hours? Then you have 3 days off.

I actually had two jobs working 4 tens. One was Mon-Thurs, the other was Mon-Tues, Wednesday off, and then Thurs-Fri. Now THAT was nice. Two days of work, a day to chill, then two more days, then the weekend! It honestly felt like I was working part-time even though I was still working 40hrs/wk. Awesome.

Anyway,

As nice as an extra day would be, you know most places would just increase the work week to 6 days. In addition to that, things that happen once a week would be farther apart. I like the idea of a mandated 4 tens instead of an 8 day week.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Really like "Myday"

I was considering Sleepday or Dreamday

Let you guess what I'd do with that extra day

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
Regurgibeerday
Act Responsibleday

Something is just not quite right about these last 2. I think maybe you were slightly too intoxicated by the time you got to the end of your list.

How about these minor alterations?

Regurgibeerday Grampabeerday
Act Responsibleday Act Responsibeerday

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
We need less work and more days.

What would we call that extra day? No idea but I already had the trademark on Octonovembruly as a 13th month back in high school.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Hefficde? I starred you.

Your my new favorite Mod.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimble
Work is just getting too busy and by the time I get home and put the kids to bed and get dinner made, and so on and so on, I,like most people, can't wait for the weekend. But here's the thing; I'm so busy at the weekend taking the wife shopping, or tiling the bathroom, or mowing the lawn, or clearing up the kids' debris that I never seem to get the chance to kick back and relax properly.

I'm proposing that we move to an 8 day week just so that I can recover from the weekend etc, for the sole purposes of relaxation. I'm going to call it FUNDAY (for lack of imagination)

Further suggestions welcomed

When I went into (Recent Posts) and saw your thread title....I thought...my 8th day...I would call it (Funday)...no kidding....then I just came on here and you said (Funday)....great minds think alike! (lol)

Yes...I think we could all use another day...how would this happen..anyone have any ideas about how.(considering the way we all view time)...an 8th day could be created?

Until that happens....I suggest you try and rearrange your schedule...and start taking Sundays off....
edit on 29-6-2011 by caladonea because: corrections

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Here in Argentina, there was a beer commercial that was "campaigning" for a new day, parodying old clips that showed how Sunday was invented.

So, there were a couple of guys drinking at a bar and they were coming up with names for the new day, they were saying that just like Sunday (Domingo in Spanish, which is a man's name) the name should be something similar. It turned out the waiter's name was Osvaldo, so they chose that one.

For months we all used the invented day (even though it wasn't official, of course) as an actual day, we'd say "Let's meet on Osvaldo, for a drink" and stuff like that. It was really popular

In the ad, the guys went to talk to the government of the United States and said: "The Oswald day is free, because the people need a party with friends" (in a very bad English). If you want to check it out, here it is:
(The US part starts at 0:53
)

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
DorisDay

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimble

snoozeday
2nd line

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link