It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Made in God's Image- Infinity/Nothing to Love/Light

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
As far as my logic dissection of everything has taken me, God is infinity/nothing and creation is love/light.

Arguably infinity and nothing are the same thing in a paradox that births duality:
Read Here.

Not just man, but the entire creation is made in God's image as said in the Bible and as discovered by me. Creation has seen and unseen aspects which are visible light reflections and emotional configurations respectively. Everything is growing towards some kind of light whether it be the emotional light of love or visible light. The flower of life, when realized, is a very accurate symbolic geometrical representation of everything natural. Everything of form is a dualistic expression arising from the paradoxical concept of infinity/nothing. It is why we have two eyes.

If you don't understand or cannot see how you are light, don't ask, because you have to see it for yourself. If you understand, then you see that you are only physically light, but metaphysically, you are love. Both make up your entire being.

Go with the flow. The flow is the expansion of love and light through a process of learning in a sequence of events known as time.

Infinity/nothing is the potential energy. Love/light is the kinetic energy.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

What's your response to the Epicurean paradox?

Peace.

-EN
edit on 28-6-2011 by ExistentialNightmare because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExistentialNightmare

What's your response to the Epicurean paradox?

Peace.

-EN

You mean this?:

"God either wants to eliminate bad things and cannot, or can but does not want to, or neither wishes to nor can, or both wants to and can.
If he wants to and cannot, he is weak -- and this does not apply to God.
If he can but does not want to, then he is spiteful -- which is equally foreign to God's nature.
If he neither wants to nor can, he is both weak and spiteful and so not a god.
If he wants to and can, which is the only thing fitting for a god, where then do bad things come from? Or why does he not eliminate them?"

My response is "bad things" are what happens when we try to be something we're not. They arise from disharmony with creation.

God can only be. Creation is an expression of what God is. He is not a controller, he is an initiator. When we behave according to the love and light that we are, we don't experience disharmony.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

I mean this:-

There exist instances of intense suffering which an omnipotent, omniscient being could have prevented without thereby losing some greater good or permitting some evil equally bad or worse.
An omniscient, wholly good being would prevent the occurrence of any intense suffering it could, unless it could not do so without thereby losing some greater good or permitting some evil equally bad or worse.
(Therefore) There does not exist an omnipotent, omniscient, wholly good being.

My response is "bad things" are what happens when we try to be something we're not. They arise from disharmony with creation.

I'm not just talking about the human experience; i'm talking about death and destruction, i'm talking about cancer, parasites, disease, suffering, natural castrophy.

Now i'll go along with your premise:-

God can only be. Creation is an expression of what God is. He is not a controller, he is an initiator.

You are referring to a first cause, an initiator, a starter. But in this "expression" exists suffering, extinction, disease, hunger, natural disaster, life on a climatic knife-edge.

The andromeda gallaxy will collide with our own causing destruction; death - Is this part of the plan?

And therefore i refer to the original Epicurean paradox:-

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.

Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.

Is he both able and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?

Is He neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God?

You refer to love and light, while i believe the first is a good message to promote; i feel it's a human choice, and a human emotion to want this. We can't ultimately prove whether God exists (yet), but we know love exists, and regardless of belief i feel everyone should acknowledge that and embrace it.....It's what makes us human.

Please this isn't an attack; i'm just interested in what people think

Peace.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ExistentialNightmare

Compare the Universe as God's body to you and your body.

In your body cells are constantly being renewed, hence the older ones are dieing. Are these cells self aware? Do you think they suffer before they die and are replaced? Who knows, but if they did, would that then label you evil or malevolent?

Creation depends on destruction. In order to grow you must consume food made of other living things, be it plant or animal. This is not good or bad. It is just a necessary process for existance.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by 1littlewolf

Compare the Universe as God's body to you and your body.

Check.

I can also compare mathematical foruma to nature; the mandelbrot set and the fibonacci sequence.

In your body cells are constantly being renewed, hence the older ones are dieing. Are these cells self aware?

No, cells arn't aware or consciouss in same way that we are.

Do you think they suffer before they die and are replaced?

As much as an infection suffers when anti-biotics are administered.

Who knows, but if they did, would that then label you evil or malevolent?

Not really, i don't believe nature is "evil" because i don't believe God exists, i don't anthromoporphise natural events; i don't extract moral values from such events.......

but if we pre-supposed an omnipotent and benevolent deity; i would believe it would to design an enviroment that is not on a climatic knifedge, or where man is not naturally predated by wild hungry animals, or where man comes close to exintion, or any other animal for that matter.

Creation depends on destruction. In order to grow you must consume food made of other living things, be it plant or animal. This is not good or bad. It is just a necessary process for existance.

Indeed, stars had to explode for us to exist; we are stardust. What's that got to do with a loving deity? I'm mean it's beautiful, the chaos is beautiful, but is it love? Or is love a human construct?

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Nice pic with the brain cell. I think we are arguing for the same thing but just coming from to seemingly opposing points of view. My view of what 'God' is has nothing to do with some old dude in heaven throwing down earth quakes and locust plagues and watching humans squirm. Nor with some fluffy angel winged force patting bunnies and rewarding those who follow some book written 2000 years ago by a tribe of middle-eastern goat herders. I do doubt cells are self aware, nor do i place the level of suffering they may feel even close to that many humans aroudn the world currently face. I think the view most people currently hold of God, as expounded by organised religion is outdated and causes more harm than good

My point is that if the universe is God's 'body', everything that happens within it, whether we label it good or bad or whatever is merely a process of that body's functioning. Its just we are so far down the chain to recognise it.
edit on 28/6/2011 by 1littlewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

God is infinity. Infinity can only be nothing as something is finite. You have infinity and nothing as one creating a paradox that is an intelligent potential for a massive variety of dualities. That is God. The Alpha and Omega.

The universe of form is kinetic energy as an expression of the potential that is a paradox. Love and light are what is life and creation. Fear and darkness are what is death and destruction.

As you can see, the fact that infinity and nothing are the same thing shows the ignorance of a force that would destroy as a means to revert back to nothingness. The one who enjoys their experience is the one that enjoys creation and being creative as a means to unlock the potential of infinity.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
God doesn't distinguish between good and bad.
Everything just is.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Hazz-14

Then why call "him" God?

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExistentialNightmare
reply to post by Hazz-14

Then why call "him" God?

God is the title we give to the creator.

The creator is infinity/nothing. Infinity/nothing is one yet two, thus you have a paradox. This is unstable. Creation is inevitable.

The creator created the universe in the creator's image. You'll do well to see the creator in everything.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Creation is an assumption. There may be no need for a creator.

And besides who created the creator? Infinite regressions are inevitable.

What realm of reality does the creator exist in or on? Did he just get bored one day and deside to make "something" rather than "nothing"?
edit on 30-6-2011 by ExistentialNightmare because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
This topic is already being discussed here.

What is Infinity?

Thread closed.

top topics

join