It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

right2know march a mobilization for gmo labeling

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
not sure if anyone has heard about this yet. but if your into the fight against GMOs this would be of interest to you!

right2know march

from oct 1st - oct 16th a march will be held starting in NY and ending in Washington DC. the march is to bring awareness and demand products be labeled that contain gmos

i believe the public has a right to know what is in the food & drinks they consume. the labeling has been fought before because it would "confuse" and even "scare" the public. wouldn't you want to know what your putting in your body?

now i know not everyone agrees with the whole "anti gmo" movement...or the whole "eat organic" movement. if thats you, well then this thread may not be for you.

i think it would be a great way to get out there & cheer on a cause you care about. even if you can only make it to a small part of the journey. which i plan on doing...i cant do the whole thing but i wish i could. seems like a great time!

so this is for all the people that care about this topic. Just wanted to share something good with everyone. feel free to pass it along & tell your friends!

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ladymerelda

well, if elenin doesn't wipe us out,
i'll be there
edit on 28-6-2011 by BadBoYeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing, great to hear it will be exposed. I'm very for the labeling so we can decide instead of being mislead. I've noticed locally that I've had to tell a lot of people about what GMO is...many people don't know about it! So, for sure I'll set up a local march to spread the info!
edit on 28-6-2011 by dreamingawake because: sp

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ladymerelda

the most #ed up part is they actually patent their seeds

then they sell their seeds to farmers and disallow farmers to use any seeds from the crops they grow for the next season or crop

link

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

awesome! yeh that darned elenin! she is always getting in the way right! ha

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

its true, most people have no idea. if i had a dime for everytime i have had to explain it (sometimes to the same people) i would be able to buy a weeks worth of organic groceries!

so glad i was able to share this with you! =)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

yeh i know! they screw the farmers so bad with the self destructing seeds. not only are gmo's pretty icky for your health. but look at the farmers, they destroy them.

there was a drought & your crop couldnt grow this season, and you spent all this money on the monsanto seeds, to bad gotta buy them again, and the farmers get more & more in debt.

not just in the USA but all over the world. its terrible to know that lives are being destroyed because of money & greed! thank you for bringing up this point, most people dont even realize it!

new topics

top topics

join