It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OK World, I Think The Point Is: Be Prepared, Everyone Has Told You To.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
A Message Of Truth:

Hello my fellow ATS Members!

I haven't posted in a long while, but instead have stopped participation in the hype and watched...

WOW, Things as of late have gotten pretty geologic! When I was in the mix reporting them and making predictions on them, the hype got, well... stressing.

Stress isn't good. Sound logic is. It can save lives, including your own.

The last decade has seen alot of fearfully obvious life ending events occur. All the signs show that they are compounding to get worse, whether naturally or by design...

and soon.

ATS has become a bastion of truth (with some unfortunate misdirection) to show you the probabilities, mixed in with the realities. ATS has a survival forum folks would do well to visit and reference.

Really...

The time now is to prepare, to respond logically, and to take it easy. Watch your surroundings, watch the skies, test the air, listen to your senses.... And prepare yourselves and your loved ones for the impending events about to occur.

When you find yourself alive and well on the other side of it hopefully you'll find another ATS member who, like yourself, listened to sound reason, and look ahead to the new life before you.

God Speed to us all.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Heyyo_yoyo

Couldn't all the preparation lead to the same stress you endured? Regardless, you are completely correct, I just feel the keep calm argument generally conflicts with the preparedness argument. That being said, once you are prepared I bet it gets pretty easy to keep your cool

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
The IEAO. The impending events about to occur.
I'm excited. Am I ready? Don't know. There is still a lot that catches me by surprise. We'll see.
And I guess we will.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrianC

Couldn't all the preparation lead to the same stress you endured? Regardless, you are completely correct, I just feel the keep calm argument generally conflicts with the preparedness argument. That being said, once you are prepared I bet it gets pretty easy to keep your cool

lol, indeed being prepared does give a sense of security. The stress comes really from trying to figure out which direction it's gonna come from...

Space? Our own planet? Our own hand? The hand of others?

I guess the proof in the pudding is having a great roast beef sandwich in one hand, an M233 in the other while sitting under the overhang of a rock shelter next to a 24 oz can of Miller HighLife...

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

This is weird because I found myself thinking should I make a thread telling people? But than I realized this is a conspiracy web-site so everyone has already gotten the warning.

My contribution to your post is this:

Always know the people around you and if you don't know them be weary. You never know about people these days, mainly due to economic hardships.

Know where you are and where you're going.

Get fit! Try to at least be able to run a kilometer.

Always rely on yourself don't follow another persons lead because people generally care about their own survival over yours.

If you need medication try to stock up ahead of time and also find alternative treatments that are more common.

Make friends with fear. Fear isn't something you should try to avoid all together. We feel fear because it is our defense mechanism for telling us to GTF out of there! Without fear many people would do stupid things and ultimately the human race wouldn't last long. Fear is a tool that you need as a warning to repel injury or death.

That is basically all the advice I wanted to give.

I am not saying there will be anything but as the OP pointed out catastrophes seem to be increasing. Fires, droughts, floods, tornado's, Hurricanes, and etc are all increasing. This leads me to believe that something good will happen or something real bad. Maybe the Mayans were right about this world passing away and man becoming one with nature again.

Only time will tell. Until than cherish every moment you have!

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I have warned as many people as will listen to me without attempting to ridicule me in the process. I'm just waiting for the day when I can say, "Told you so!"

There are troubling times ahead fellow ATS'ers, that is for certain.

Hang in there, because when everything finally blows over our sort will be the only ones left.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

I fell excited but at the same time horrified. Who knows what sort of terror the crisis the US is currently in will unleash?

Nevertheless, I know I am ready. I just wish it would happen already, dammit. I'm getting tired of waiting.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by FTD Brat

Brat
Yeah, I think Heyo points at it above somewhere.

lol, indeed being prepared does give a sense of security. The stress comes really from trying to figure out which direction it's gonna come from...

I agree. Certainly if we just limit the possibilities to human endeavors the list is long. Toss in natural cataclysm and the overload to human systems and our ability to be truly ready diminishes. Add in extra-Terran forces either intelligent or just the physical workings of this solar system and we learn that what ever we do, it stands a good chance of not being enough.

Nevertheless, I know I am ready. I just wish it would happen already, dammit. I'm getting tired of waiting.

Tell me about it. In the late 60s my thinking turned eschatological. . That's forty years of watching world events and learning about our existence and it's terminal potential, forty years of waiting for the other shoe to drop. I am excited because I've learned that being fearful only adds a minuscule amount of motivation towards action while at the same time eating one up inside. Not a good trade-off.

So here we are and 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10, here it comes ready or not.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

indeed, one should be wary.
especially if TCOTBIP are planning a 10th anniversary False Flag event for next Sep. 11th.

as i suspect the sudden spike in the "the OS is the truth, deal with it" threads on ATS and MSM is all about

sowing disinfo / preparing ?

not Doomtarding here. just pointing it out.

edit on 28-6-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
A little historical perspective for you:
In 1854 Japan suffered 3 major earthquakes in the space of three days. Nov 4 the first 8.4 mag quake hit, generating a tsunami that reached heights of 16.4 meters in places.
The next day, Nov 5, another quake of mag 8.4 hit, again generating a tsunami with waves over 8 meters. On the 7th Nov, yet another quake, mag 7.4 struck. The total deaths in this series of catastrophes is estimated between 80,000-100,000 people.
The next year, 1855, another quake hit the Tokyo region. I don't know the mag for this one but it resulted in the deaths of 4,500-10,000 people.
A little over 40 years later, another quake struck off the coast of Honshu (sound familiar?), generating a tsunami with waves up to 30 meters high that killed about 27,000 people.
There were also major quakes in 1833 (mag 8.8-9.2) in Sumatra, Indonesia; two in 1868: a mag 7.5-8.0 in Hawaii (this caused a tsunami with waves up to 60 feet high) and a mag 8.5 off Chile that caused a tsunami, resulting in the deaths of about 70,000 people overall... Oh, and in 1883 Krakatoa erupted.
Of course, while all this was occurring, the usual wars, famines, floods, pestilences and plagues were also occurring.
Given an average human lifespan of 75 years, and if they had our modern level of media coverage of these events, anyone would have been forgiven for thinking that god was pretty upset and the world was about to end, don't you think?
That's my logical response to the original post, but thanks for the heads up anyway.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

True, and another attack would make sense. It was mentioned after OBL was killed that Al-Qeada (sp?) was planning on anther attack this September 11th. I doubt they're capable of doing so now but we'll see.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

Well I'm still thinking S will HTF on or around August 2nd. Who knows, maybe sooner?

As soon as the rest of the world realizes that we can't face our massive debt, they're going to start dumping T-bills and the like as fast as they can. The dollar will be worthless and S will commence to hit the fan.

That's just how I see it though. Anything could happen at this point.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by strelok72

I too agree with you that the world has seen harder times than today and we came out of it just fine. The poster of this thread, while I respect his point of view, offers up no data to back up his claim that indeed things are getting worse so instead of jumping into a debate about this it's probably just better to let the rant continue.

This is beneficial to some people i'd imagine.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Well, given the events, IMHO LEARNING how to survive WITHOUT modern conveniences in respectable format is actually a skillset mankind shouldn't forget...

Most of mankind has.

Time for the generous verbal reality check, before the brutal physical one arrives.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Brat

Anything could happen at this point
Anything but business as usual. I'm beyond the point of trying to pin it on any one trigger or at any one time. When it was years away, there was the luxury of being predictive. Now, for me anyway, predicting would only drive me crazy.

Best to you and yours Brat.

join