It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I double dog dare ya.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I'm really getting sick of the threat of nuclear war and nothing ever coming of it. When I was a kid it was cold war and we had to crouch on the ground in the hall with our heads against the lockers. The only thing that scared me back then was the smell of sawdust because that meant some kid puked on the floor where my head was.
Then I saw the videos of the mushroom cloud and I gotta be honest, it sucked because it wasn't in color. I also read a Spiderman comic and discovered radioactive spiders give you super powers. The pattern was clear, this stuff was awesome and like most awesome things, kids can't have any.
A little research revealed the circle of absolute destruction, aka the epicenter, is pretty tight. The further you are from ground zero the better your chances for survival, and the better your drinking stories become. In addition things that are destroyed are things that need to be rebuilt or at the very least repainted, this means jobs and that means money. Everybody (who isn't turned to charcoal) wins.
So here is some really vital information from Hiroshima and Nagasaki survivors, physicians and nuclear scientists..........
1. Anyone in the epicenter won't even know what hit them. The nervous system does not react quickly enough to register anything and it's over in a fraction of a second.
2. Wearing light colored clothing will literally be the difference between life and death for many. Priests and nuns are toast (literally) but members of the KKK will be just fine.
3. Most survivors with corrective lenses were pleasantly surprised to discover their vision was restored to normal after the blast, nobody knows why this happens. Of course 20/20 vision after a nuclear blast has a downside as well.
Embrace the horror and danse macabre!

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

let me go grab my kkk stuff then. Good thread but should't this be put in the survival section, just wondering

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing
I'm really getting sick of the threat of nuclear war and nothing ever coming of it.

As North Korea is planning to blow up the entire world except their country...

They are making the final calculations...

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Dumbest thread ever. Any news? Any content? Or this is just your take on WW3? Geez ATS and the 14 years old kids....ARGH!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Well, all I ask for is a bit of warning so I can scurry to the closest cave...oh, and will you please deliver this Fission contraption personally to whatever, wherever, or whoever you think needs to be destroyed? Honestly I don't want you around if I manage to survive.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by legitbrah

umm is there something you want to tell us, because if someone is going to nuke us i would kinda like to know ahead of time........i need to know when its an appropriate time to panic and wet my pants in fear

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

ya might want to check your math.........he lived during the cold war

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by nikkibee
reply to post by legitbrah

umm is there something you want to tell us, because if someone is going to nuke us i would kinda like to know ahead of time........i need to know when its an appropriate time to panic and wet my pants in fear

If you want to know my professional opinion as a random guy on the internet...

piss your pants now, and post the video of you freaking out on youtube

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Double dog dare us what?

Interesting read, and I too am sick of the ever-looming threat of nuclear war. Although I'd rather it all be talk instead of action.

new topics

top topics

join