It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds Refuse to Cleanup Buried Agent Orange That Is Killing Gainesville Florida Residents

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Feds Refuse to Cleanup Buried Agent Orange That Is Killing Gainesville Florida Residents

blog.alexanderhig gins.com

The Feds Refuse To Clean Up Agent Orange Buried At A Gainesville Florida Superfund Site That Is Killing Local Residents, Claiming The Area Is Free From The Deadly Toxin, Despite Testimony From Local Residents, Laboratory Tests And Even High-Res Satellite Photos Showing Agent Orange Barrels On Location. Yet instead of correctly dealing with the sites were the toxin was buried here within the US the feds have embarked in a campaign of coverup. Adults and children in the area who are being sickened
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
blog.alexanderh iggins.com
koppersgainesville.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
http://(nolink)/2011/06/26/feds-refuse-cleanup-buried-agent-orange-kiling-gainesville-florida-residents-31021/
koppersgainesville.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

and dying from the lethal EPA coverup.

Agent orange is a chemical that causes birth defect in children as shown from U.S. bombing Vietnam with the chemicals. It is basically the Agent orange holocaust.

WTF! This makes me so angry. While the populace is being brainwash into believing that terrorist and middle east tyrants are monsters. Our f@cking government is committing terrorism on it's own population through fluoride water poisoning, gmo food poisoning, and chemtrail air poison. The coverup of the government poisoning the people of Gainesville Florida has totally blown my lid off.

I'm prepared to join the people of Greece and overthrow this fake government who don't hold the people's interest at heart.

Please watch the following documentary and spread the word about this atrocity.

blog.alexanderhig gins.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 27-6-2011 by MIDNIGHTSUN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
good ol america for ya, wake up people enough is enough i mean really, freaking zombies. sorry just had to get that out

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
While tragic and infuriating it is hardly surprising as it it an ongoing problem in the PNW logging lands. All I will say is this all is a deep cover up and folks have died trying to expose the whole thing
It is not as if the use of substances as bad are not still in use all around us on the quiet. Agent Orange is 2,4-D mixed with 2,4,5-T. When Viet Nam ended there was a huge surplus of this crap and a scientist at OSU in Corvalis ,Or found a new use for it. Spray the logged hills to prevent broadleaf trees from encroaching on the Douglas fir monocrop. As expected the resident got sick.With a lot of work the got "Agent Orange" banned. The solution was to only use 2,4-D but add a couple dozen newer chemicals to make up for the 2,4,5-T the could not use any longer.
This is the result
www.abovetopsecret.com...
and it is ongoing. Dumps of empty chemical containers are found along streams and are much more common than the more publicized "meth dumps" and consist of far more toxic chemicals.
These same chemicals are sprayed on the wind and are causing illness and death. That Viet nam era Chems are still causing illness is a stern warning to those living with the ongoing application mentioned in the links
seed

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
This is absolutely disturbing. Sad but true. I have two family members that were exposed to high levels of that stuff in Vietnam. The sad part is it took them almost 30 years to admit that Agent Orange was more then just an herbicide to kill all the foliage in the jungle. It just happened to be tainted with TCDD. Thanks to DOW and the powers that be.

If you read up on the chemical "slip up" you will find that the "mystery toxin" does pack a potent punch. Kill foliage my arse. They knew what they were doing. It was nothing more to kill people and the people that survived the carnage would more then likely suffer from many forms of cancer that would appear in every organ of the body. This stuff does not discriminate. If the cancer does not kill you it will more then likely keep you from reproducing due to many effects it has on the reproductive system.

So what better way to kill people quickly, slowly and keep them from reproducing and if they do reproduce the chance of birth defects is increased exponentially. It worked so good in Vietnam they probably feel it is good enough to work here on its own people.

This very topic disgusts me beyond words.
edit on 27-6-2011 by NormalcyBias because: typo

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
If it's a superfund site, don't hold your breath.
Or, perhaps you should.

We have a few superfund sites in my vicinity. Too expensive, cheaper to litigate, and plan. Rather than do the dirty work.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Where was the proof that agent was stored there? Dioxins doesn't automatically mean agent orange...you guys realise don't you?

Also, I wonder if anyone bothered to go to the public meeting held by the EPA last year where they tabled their proposed clean up plan?

www.epa.gov...

www.epa.gov...

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
OMG I live in this general area and I had no idea - imagine finding this on ATS! I am renting, been here a year and was trying to determine if this would be a permanent place to reside. I can see that I am no longer on the fence and will choose to depart after the next school year. I went on a research bender after looking at this at local postings. Scary. As a Veteran I know all to well the hazards of exposures.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Chad, I don't trust. From the little I have discovered talking to locals about other issues I sense a dark side to Government here in Alachua County. I mean that I have heard varied sources tell me tales that initially I thought were the effects of an over active imagination. I have a friend who lives beside one of the counties most amazing natural resources down here and I can tell you they are playing games with our water and our aquifier. These people even recieved a veiled death threat. It doesn't take much imagination to conclude this issue could be tied to what is going on and the secretive behavior of those dealing with our aquifier. Also I want to note that I just discovered this tonight, but what I have seen with my own eyes is a shocking degradation of the springs around here in just one year!!! Some suspect one of the areas more vocal residents concerning the endangered state of the Aquifiers was murdered in a scuba accident last summer.

I am an outsider, a homebody, a disabled Veteran - and from my limited exposure talking to locals about the water, and the water issues, the water table - just based on my interest in the natural beauty around here I can tell you . . . something is going on, something sinister - and people are afraid. This story seems to be what until tonight was a missing part of the puzzle. I am surprised being a Floridian I had not heard of this before. I guess most of us don't google search superfund sites before relocation, make note to self for future relocations.

Where is it safe to live these days, from floods, fires, Nuclear plant fears, possible earth quakes, out of range of the Super Volcano at Yellowstone, Oil spills and their residues, old weapons dump sites, old mill sites and extreme weather, with good schools and a reasonable qaulity of life?

I have a friend who's territory is a rural part of Massachusetts, old Mill country - and she told me she would like to see a study done on all the very, very strange illnesses and abnormalities found in that small region. Old Chemical residues it seems are still dangerous. Agent Orange or not - I don't trust this situtation at Koopers and won't be purchasing in Alachua County.
edit on 27-6-2011 by TheBirdisDone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBirdisDone

I don't doubt that there are issues with this site, it's a superfund site for a reason.

I'm just not seeing anything to suggest agent orange was buried there, it could be but there needs to more evidence.

The Arsenic and other chemicals identified there are problematic enough, there's no need to start making things up because it will just end up hurting the cause, not helping it.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MIDNIGHTSUN

We have Monsanto to thank for Agent Orange, PCBs, DDT, and more.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a3581a467677.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

An article from 2010 of last year about this same site...

A group of seven Gainesville residents on Tuesday filed a lawsuit against three companies responsible for the cleanup of a contaminated site near North Main Street, seeking $500 million to screen for diseases and decontaminate thousands of homes they believe have been impacted by the pollution.

The Cabot/Koppers Superfund site -- occupying 140 acres between Northwest 23rd and 39th avenues to the west of Main Street -- was for decades home to wood-treating and charcoal-production plants and has been on the government's contamination radar since the 1980s.

Investigators have since found contaminants such as arsenic, polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and creosote compound there, according to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's profile of the site. www.gainesville.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Another article from the Sun with levels of Dioxin near the site exceeding safe levels.

Test results of soil just west of the Koppers wood treatment facility on N.W. 23rd Avenue show that levels of dioxin - a compound that affects immune and reproductive systems - exceed state and national standards for residential areas.

The levels of arsenic, a known carcinogen, and benzo(a)pyrene also exceeded state standards.

The Alachua County Health Department hand-delivered notices to the 20 households nearest the boundary Friday, notifying them of the contamination and warning that children should be kept away from the 20-foot right of way between the neighborhood and the industrial site where chemical levels were the highest. www.gainesville.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

well those residents need to get it into gear

load up the less leaky barrels and dump them in front of the offending federal agency

let them claim it doesn't exist then

S&F

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mustard seed

makes sense to me now. i remember as a kid , we were traveling north on hwy 19, there was a huge tract of land that we were told they tested agent orange on to clear the swamp[s. 30 years later now and there is only stumps and dead trees there. the place is called gulf hammock.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by TylerDurden2U

o yeah! its 35 miles west of gainesville, fl.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Ironic, because Florida is known for its Oranges.

I doubt the Vietnamese will give much sympathy - their country got coated in this crap.

www.commondreams.org...
vietnamartwork.wordpress.com...
science.howstuffworks.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
everything about FL is ass backwards. Isnt agent orange similar to triclosan? if so its in antibacterial soaps* thought it was banned from soaps..but thier are popular compnays that still use it.
well, they dont wanna clean it up. thiers yuor answer residents of florida, what yuor local and national governemnt thinks of you all.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

The sad part is Florida has amazing beauty and resources, and even ancient sites. It really is a national treasure on so many levels - and yes - we seem to just continue to Sheet were we Eat. It makes me heartbroken, literally. What I have seen happen to the springs around Gainesville in just a year - well, I'm speechless.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBirdisDone

i concur with you. Florida is a beutiful place, ive never been thier, but have seen pics, footage ect. its PEOPLE that are the problem..not your average citizens...those in power that are the problem. I saw a documentary recently, where an older married couple iin FL...their was a drought and water restrictions imposed. thier lawn dried up, and thier was a blight fine imposed on them, and imprisonment if they didnt replace the grass ASAP. thats insane! i belive the guy did do some time too.
A freind fo mine, his father and him where going I 95 south one day back in the early 80s. His father was telling us, a friend told him back then to stay clear of the state troopers, stay close to the highway...theirs a reason. him and his father did get lost off the highway and sure enough, trooper pulls up behind him, asks for his liscense ID ect. father asked why he was pulle dover....cop pulle dout his flashlight and the old yuor taillight is out..cop smashed his rear tailight. he siad it was some goomby stomach gut cop. even issued him a fine too.
My roomate lived in FL, near ft. lauderdale i think, 2004-5. Remember that hurricane that year? where he lived, from horizon to horizon, it was nearly leveled. He was saying, tis the ONLY state, that emcoureges citizens to report drunk people to cops so they get money for it* $50 something like that. so a drunk himself, could point his finger at anyone like you or me leaving a bar....a snitch* thats how pople make money time to time. snitching on eachother. its the systemt hat made this up*
My grandmother lived in FL, like back in the 1930's, near ft. lauderdale. said how beutiful it was ect. crabs wold sometimes come in the house(some kinda red crabs) and how they were a neussance to get rid of with a broom. how times do change* i wouldnt wanna live in FL or ever visit it...how can anyone want to go to FL to disneyland, knowing how corrupt that state is. thats kinda perverted in my mind. and let us not foroget, over 80% of miami was built by coc aine* so its money and PEPOPLE OF power with positions that screwed it all up for everyone else. no offense, but i kinda do hope FL gets flooded from iceburg melt or something..not NASA though..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join